Opinions on Lumberjacking?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blendax, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Just curious...

I have a lumberjack med warrior. I'm trying to decide if it's actually worth the 100 points in jacking, or if I should just drop it for something to make him more durable , like magic resist. Does the damage bonus make axes superior to a katana? On paper, the katana SHOULD do more damage, no?

What's everyone's opinion on this?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Axxers are amazing. @Arawn is a good one that could probably tell you more specifics. I'm rebuilding one but I often switched between dp Kat and a double axe and did pretty well
  3. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I believe a katana and double axe (with LJ) are almost identical in damage per second (DPS) BUT that is against an unarmoured target. A vanq double axe swings for about 38 damage whereas a vanq katana swings for about 25 (and makes up for it with speed). If your target has armour that will knock down the damage per hit and make the axe's DPS against an armoured target be much higher.
    Blendax and PaddyOBrien like this.
  4. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Burst damage is also a factor. But the speed of a katana depending on your ping and how good you are at predicting other player movement, you can interrupt their spellcasting plus dp.
    Plentimon likes this.