Pack Horse Smelting

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by pdodd, May 13, 2013.

1. pdodd

pdodd New Member

I've been doing a lot of mining recently with packhorses and have been storing my ore on the packhorse. When it come stime to smelt, it says that I have "no access to that" if I try to double click the ore while it's still in my packhorse's backpack. To smelt it, I have to first drop it on the ground, then double click it and target the forge.

Would it be possible to alter this so that I would be able to double click the ore that is still on my pack horse and smelt it?

I am about 90% sure that there is a reason that I don't understand or are not aware of that things are the way they are, but I figured I'd at least suggest this in case it is possible.
  2. grizzly

grizzly New Member

forget it they wont want to do that, they tend to cater to the griefer ( thieves and pkers) and not the player ( crafter, tamer , or bard).
  3. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

For someone who just joined the forums today, you seem to have a preternatural understanding of the people who built this shard.
  4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

umm just because I have joined the forums today doesn't mean that I have not been playing on the shard for some time. the reason I finally joined the forums is I finally got tired of the griefing going on.
  5. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So you would want a girefer to run up and start smelting your ore? I think that would be possible.
  6. grizzly

grizzly New Member

very possible wulver it has happened a few times already. one of the more griefing templates is the hiding , stealth thieve with mining (smelting).

I sometimes wonder about these people that post against stopping the griefing issues, makes me wonder if they are not part of it.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Haha, that would be pretty awesome. A stealth miner thief? That comes up and smelts your ore on the fly and takes off. I find it all the more probable that someone would just kill them all, gate the ore out and not res the first person to get really angry about it.

Murder and thieving happen, that is the beauty of UO. If you want to discuss that, this isn't really the thread for it.

In regards to the actual topic, you can smelt directly from other containers outside your pack, so I assume this is a bug of some nature. To the contrary of suggested opinion, it is likely something like this will be addressed as it seems a relatively simple function and unless there's some reason we're missing for why it should remain this way, I don't see why it wouldn't get changed.
  8. Phyze

Phyze Member

I agree ^^
  9. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

If you'd be kind enough to list your character names, I'll be glad to start griefing you when it's convenient.
  10. grizzly

grizzly New Member

my character name is the same as my forum name I don't hide who I am. lol I also don't hide behind the internet so if you want to grief me you are more then welcome to stop by my house.
  11. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Please lets keep this on topic........
  12. qbradq

qbradq Member

This sounds like it may be related to several other bugs we currently have. Example: you can't use a key if it's locked down or in a locked down container, you have to put it on a keyring.
  13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

You sir, are starting to make yourself look like an idiot. Griefers and Pkers not considered players? You sound like you should be playing a different ruleset because you clearly want to disband anything that threatens you.
  14. Ciet

Ciet Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Citation needed, good sir. This post doesn't help. Is it a priority? No. Is there plenty else they are doing for crafters? Yes. At most this kills 30 minutes. You'll get over it.
  15. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member

I agree that smelting from a pack horse would be great but my fix for this was a simple macro that targets forges by type and when I have a big pile of ore I just double click it and hit the macro.

Have a separate similar macro that stops mining and will smelt everything in my bag. Dragging ore = bad so it should never be on the ground anyways. Stables cost 30 gold per pet per week... A packhorse will hold up to about 130-133 ore anyways.

More over a recall mining macro fixes this entirely.
  16. pdodd

pdodd New Member

I don't know about you guys, but part of the reason I chose to play on a Felucca *only* server is strictly *because* greif'ing and pk'ing is possible! I'm not saying that I do either, mind you, but I definitely like the element of danger/risk that is added because of it.

My intention behind suggesting this was not to avoid grief'ing (honestly, I'd pay a few ingots just to see a stealth/hiding/miner xD), but just to add some convenience of saving myself a few clicks.
  17. Fullmetal

Fullmetal Well-Known Member

Im all for griefing, heck I played on sonoma where you had to be extra careful because the galads would get you stuck/killed/or both.

Adapt and overcome are the name of the game.
  18. qbradq

qbradq Member

I've heard that smelting difficulty increases with stack size here, so smelting huge piles of ore is probably not a good idea anyway.

I'm not totally convinced of this thought. I see about the same results smelting stacks of 2, 10 and 100 Valorite on my GM.
  19. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

lol