Patch 31: Jan 19th 2013 Combat Changes, Archery & LJ Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Re: Patch 31: Jan 19th 2013 Combat Changes, Archery & LJ Upd

if you don't like my opinions no one is stopping anyone from ignoring me or simple just not replying but as long as you guys feel the need to voice your own opinions I will do the same and trust me I have proven I know how to pvp so don't argue with someone who knows what they are talking about. I'd be willing to squash that theory right now that a dexxer without magery is better in pvp then a dexxer with magery anytime you guys want.
  2. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Opinions are fine,try not to insult everyone that doesnt agree with you.Makes you look dumber than you probably are.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Let's make sure to balance the game by making things mandatory and having no options to do something different.
    If wands get turned into a mage-only item, then the option of running with Fencing/Stealth/Hide/Heal/Resist/Tactics/Anat, and rocking potions, bandages scrolls AND wands as a viable option, is basically removed. I have played like this on other shards and I may be terrible but it was actually effective in small moments. I can only imagine what a capable PvPer could do, if they didn't use Magery as a crutch for everything.

If you want a mage only game, you know where to find it.
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

*yawn* not even entertaining anymore.
  5. Aegis

Aegis Member

Re: Patch 31 - Jan 18th 2013 Combat Mechanic Changes & More

no.
  6. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I trapped a leprechaun last evening in my castle and it disappeared less than 12 hours later. It was in the very center, so unreachable - not to mention invisible - to anyone outside. Was that simply because there's something against trapping holiday event monsters or should it have worked as stated above?
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The trapped leprechaun was relocated by me. While it is not against the rules to lure & trap critters inside dwellings, due to the design & limited spawn quantity of this event I released the critter from its player-built prison since it was left unattended & trapped inside. The main reason it was removed is because this effectively "locks" that units spawner from creating new units since it's only existing spawn-unit was trapped in a location which it could not be killed.
  8. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks for replying Ezekiel + of course that makes good sense. I'd hoped that he had been dragged far enough away that he wouldn't lock up the spawner, like when you drag sheep from a farm and more spawn in their place. Is that impossible with event/limited spawn? I ask because I'd hate for me or someone else to create unnecessary work for you trying this again if it just plain won't work anyway.
  9. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The distance that a unit (creature, animal, any mobile) is lured or travels from its spawner (even if it exceeds its set home-range) has no bearing on that unit being linked or unlinked from a spawner. Any units created from a spawner will always remain linked to the spawner they originated from, and can only ever become unlinked in but a few ways. For mobiles, it is only possible for them to become unlinked from a spawner by means of death or being tamed by a player. So for the situation of the leprechaun being trapped in the castle, even though he had traveled a fair distance from his home location he was still linked to his spawner & as such he still counts as a single unit towards the spawners count-total.

This situation is a little different than the one above, because the method of creation for sheep in the sheep pens is not the same as the majority of other regions. The sheep in the sheep pens are actually generated in the code, and not by individual spawners. So in this scenario, yes, simply luring any sheep outside of their spawn region (the pens themselves) would be recognized as a reduction in the current spawn count, and notify the server that the next unit is eligible for respawn.
  10. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Thanks for that explanation. :) Very useful information!
  11. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Thread Closed and Archived.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.