Patch 43: October 13th - Happy Halloween & Tons of Bugfixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Re: Patch 43: October 13th - Happy Halloween & Tons of Bugfi

They say platinum make a Trammie act Trammie-rich.....at least a Trammie Trammie-rich..

I love bless bits and that's a Feluccian problem. Yeah I like to craft I got a Feluccian problem.

If finding ya ethereal is a Feluccia problem, bring them Tmaps to the guild maybe we can solve'em.
  2. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member

I did not think it was possible for a person (player character) to board a properly "locked" ship from any angle. Oh well, looks like I was wrong. :oops:

This change scares me for a couple of reasons. I find it easier to battle serpents from the plank of my ship. But, if another creature, or even worse, a pk'er, should appear before the serpent is dead, I need the ability to get the heck outta there. Also, this change makes it possible for someone else to jump your plank and then simply stand there and allow their whole guild to board while all the while you are unable to move your ship. I know this is unlikely, but it can happen and thus adds a new element of danger for ship owners.

Okay, I've spoke my mind on this issue. Notwithstanding the ship issues, this appears to be a pretty good Patch. Thank you very much.
  3. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I haven't verified this, but I thought that as long as the gangplank is locked, no one can 'jump' onto it, even if it is opened from the inside.
  4. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

Mostly correct; they can't doubleclick to jump onto it -- but you can line up plank-to-plank and walk across an opened one. I think this is what he was implying.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

That is correct. But it is worth testing to be sure.

This exploit actually allowed people to walk right into your boat, if it was facing 2 directions. Regardless of the gangplank lock/unlocked.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Good news for Pirates, bad news for Fishers. I'm torn on the matter though. I wholly support RP classes of all types, but thoroughly despise dying at the hand of a pirate.

I just wish there were more actual swash buckling pirates (melee, archery, cutlass bandanna wearing bucaneers) and less of the hybrid/mage - or staple PvP classes.

At least here on this shard that seems more likely to be the case.
  7. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Is that even possible? There's always a little gap that cannot be crossed whenever I've tried this pre-patch. I know for sure I could not do this with the pirate ships that spawn from nets.
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Pirate ships have static planks, that do not have the same double click function that player owned boats have. You have to actually navigate next to their plank to board. As for player boats if the boat is unlocked then you can double click on it.

The exploit we addressed allowed you to ram your plank into someones boat and then walk aboard.
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Oh my f'in goodness!!

I had not filled BoD's since the patch, and decided to fill 8 tailoring large BoD's today. Let's just say I will be filling them sooner, and not all at once as I used to do. The crafting timer change seems small, but when you're crafting hundreds of items, it can add up!! (crafting the last 30 sandals I need as we speak...er...type...and they likely won't be finished when I switch screen)
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

We are open to adjusting them, but overall its a server health issue to manage the general amount of work that has to be done. Each crafting attempt is a ton of work for the server, and without moderate delays between each attempt this can build up process time wise. Not really a problem yet, but important to be prepared as the server grows. Some of these delays were fractions of a second per craft which is way to quick.
  11. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Yes, the crafting time is feels a little too long.
  12. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

It's fine, as it seems to be close to what it was in OSI and what I (and several of us) was used to from crafting at another server, and moreso if it is for the server's health. Just that the difference was quite noticeable.
  13. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Noted, I'll look into it a bit more.
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Patch Archived
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.