Patch 73 - Feburary 13th, Valentines Event, Combat Changes & More!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Chris, Oct 31, 2016.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff! Is this being put in today or tomorrow (14th)? I noticed the date said yesterday.......could it really be sooner than "soon" now??? :D.
    One and Oaklee like this.
  2. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Thank you Chris & Staff!
    Supra and One like this.
  3. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

CuB + Moats = AWESOME

Many thanks to staff!
    One likes this.
  4. Icewalker

Icewalker Active Member

Awesome Chris, love the server by the way, I'm definitely staying here :)
    wylwrk and One like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Thanks Icewalker, Welcome to UO Renaissance!
    One likes this.
  6. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

UOR continues heading in the right direction.
    One likes this.
  7. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thanks for all your hard work!! :D
  8. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

I also take issue with this concept. I was under the impression, and have in fact stated in the past (see below), that Telamon and the Staff here were strongly against giving advantages to those who donate to the server. The idea of donating to the shard was to help the shard. Giving copper as a reward for donating to the server seems to directly contradict that.

In this post, I said:
  9. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I don't see how 6/7 Character Slots and Character Transfers give anyone much of an advantage... o_O
    Dr Satan and One like this.
  10. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Meh, CUB was started to benefit the server. Donating benefits the server. Kinda goes hand in hand.
    One likes this.
  11. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

Ya'll are cheap.. he's not looking to make millions here.. donate the 5 bucks a month...
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  12. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

CuB is something you can do in game to help the server, yes. Getting in game benefits for things done in game makes sense. Getting in game benefits for paying money to the server is something else entirely. Your irl financial situation should have no effect on your in game financial situation. We play this game to get away from real life.

I started donating to this server after being here a little more than a month. I did it because I appreciate what this server does and the time that the Staff puts in here. I did it for the sole purpose of helping the server. I am not rich. I cannot afford to do much, but I do what I can.

My point is that you should donate to the server because you believe in the server, not for in game pixels.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm sure Telamon will get right on those Stealing changes now since you ever so politely reminded him. :rolleyes: Perhaps things would get done quicker if he didn't have to deal with the hurt feelings and childish attitudes of 30 something yr olds on the forums and irc all the time. Telamon has way more patience dealing with everyone than I would in his position.
    Descartes, One and Ahirman like this.
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I've removed Shadowjacks posts as they are out of context for the thread and just a continued effort to grind his axe over the staff not devoting 100% of our time to fixing his stealing concerns.

And to be clear Renaissance will never sell items, or allow players to donate for anything they can transfer between players. The reality is the server has operated at a loss for almost 5 years now, and we need a way to reward our donors for keeping the server running and helping manage the costs of running a successful server.

The Clean up Britannia system is part of a much larger system to reward players for the variety of ways they help the server. Be it advertising, donating, writing guides or cleaning their house. All of these things help the server. This will allow players to help the server in whichever way suits them the best, and still earn a reward for their effort.

Rewards such as;
    6/7 Character Slots
    Free Name Changes
    Character Transfers
    Forum Name Changes
    Account Recovery Services
    Extended Moat Decor
    House Decor Items (Such as the flags)​

Coins earned ingame however (via the CuB system) will be able to be used in a special reward shop to buy items like singing crystal balls, animated house addons and such. Coins earned from Donating, Advertising, or Creative writing will not be able to be used in this store.

We are finishing up the complete guide to copper coins which will cover all these issues in more detail, and include all of the new and exciting things that will be available to our players.

Running a server like this is expensive, and we need to do more to encourage people to support the server, and do more to reward the players who take the time to keep us going. While of course sticking to our rules about an economy free of external influence (cash for items).

Edit: The guide for this new system is no available. http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-guide-to-shard-support-and-copper-coins.21748/
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Kiryana, Hawkeye, Descartes and 6 others like this.
  15. jihad joe

jihad joe Active Member
    UO:R Donor

CUB is specifically for server health and upkeep. It's sad Chris needs a program to reward players for not being shitbags and to encourage throwing their useless shit away. I don't have a mass array of useless items laying in my house that I can "donate" for the cause. I'm not going to go out and start hoarding shit just so I can throw it in a barrel. I've been doing my part since day 1, and if you all get pissed that I'd rather help pay the bill on the server as opposed to collecting shit just to throw away to pretend like I'm helping the server.. Then get pissed.

And cash me ousside
    Crunk Juice likes this.
  16. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member

Well, since you put it this way, I do understand more. Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit in assuming that people were getting pixels for cash.

I will reserve judgement until this is posted and I get more information

As always, @Chris thank you for everything you guys do. I just want what's best for UOR!!
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Well done @Chris
    I've upped my monthly to $20 and don't care about the benefits because I've been enjoying this place since Beta. I'll always have my grievances but I know you're just trying to do the best you can for the majority here, not the minority.

Cheers and keep up the good work!
    Zyler, One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  18. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Just to make sure I'm not missing something; CuB isn't active as of yet, right? (Feb 14)
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

20. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

@Chris

* A player using tracking, at any skill, will be able to track a player they are standing on, or directly next to.

So... you can basically figure out who is hiding somewhere without revealing them? Is this intentional?