Pet Bonding and related

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by newme, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

now you're just gimping tamers even more lol. I give up, I'll wait to make a tamer when till you guys figure the best way to nerf them, Pets already lose a big chunk of skill when you tame them now you want to add another skill away from tamers shit, Just leave pet bonding out in that case cause Im not giving up a valuable skill to get spirit speak that just don't make sense. Magery, Med, Eval, Resist, Lore , Vet, taming, Which one is gonna drop? Gm vet should be enough to be able to res a dead pet shouldn't need 2 skills.
  2. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

eval
  3. Abyz

Abyz New Member

No bonded pets, and no skill hit on pets when tamed. This is the best way.
  4. Six

Six Member

Honestly, I agree with Abyz. Your pet dies, go get another one. It takes a week top to get 2 Dragons to near perfect status with AFK macroing and casual farming.

I vote for no bonding and no skill loss on tame. Also, vote for a cap on stable slots. 10 Perhaps?
  5. Xevec

Xevec Active Member
    UO:R Donor

There is already a limit on stable spots, its in the 5-6 range depending on your skills and how high they are.
  6. Draconisto

Draconisto New Member

the whole point in bonding is so you can train your pets, why would u make them only bondable after they are trained? lol[/quote]

i dont think thats the point of it, least it shouldnt have been. if they allow bonding, it should be challenging to do so, "not heres ur bonded pet enjoy never losing it", you should have to train and work it. u can easily play it safe and train ur dragons against each other in ur house. or take ur chances n actually hunt with it. but i dont think it should be time based, n i dont think they should just be handed to people. id be perfectly fine waitin and training it, then i know i did the work, and i earned a bonded pet. rather then sittin and waitin then when it bonded, have no challenge to raise its skills.
  7. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I'm all for pet bonding but if people who don't own tamers are gonna cry about it just leave pet bonding out less I gotta hear about their *Boo Hoo* opinions on it.
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

No pet bonding. FFS you can tame a wyrm that is practically fully trained now. Dragons are slow, and they suck. I've given up on considering a single post double makes. You guys need to realize you're playing a free server that a small group of others are working tirelessly to get to their liking. I know the admins and I assure you they are more competent at this game than anyone else I've ever ran into. If you would have some patience, be thankful that you have a place to play, and look at it as a new server to explore instead of trying to compare it with exactly how YOU think it should work then you might find it a lot more enjoyable.
  9. SirLanceAlittle

SirLanceAlittle Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thank you Mandevu. Finally someone put into words what I was thinking, except that I do not know the staff. This is a free server and we are just lucky they are allowing us to play here. Reporting found bugs is good for everyone, but if you want to grumble and complain, go play on the pay-to-play servers where your $15 monthly fee gives you the right to complain.
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I don't think being thankful for a place to play is the issue there is tons of free servers out there or you could easily start your own, I think in question is the pet bonding not rather we have a place to play. I talked to telamon and pet ponding is coming back it's on the list to do they are just reviewing it and from what he said I like how they are gonna do it but it's not written in stone. It's better to goto the soruce then to post a thread about it because there will always be haters or people with their opinions that lead the whole topic off track, so if you really want answers ask staff don't bother with players assumptions on forums.
  11. Vagingo

Vagingo Member

just no summoning balls
  12. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Aww man, I really need some!