Pet Bonding?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mike Oxwells, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Mike Oxwells

Mike Oxwells Active Member

I have had a Dragon stabled for over a week and it still says I must spend more time with him. Do I literally need to get him out of stable and stand with him for a few days?
  2. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

It should only take 24 hours after feeding.
    I believe you have to have a required taming to bond with it. But that may be wrong. Maybe try feeding it again.
  3. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Okay so to bond a new pet you need to feed the pet regular meat x the number of controlled slots require for him . Than stable for 24 hrs and than it will say that it craves peculiar meat. Feed it peculiar x the number of control slots it requires.

Example: Dragon ...
    Feed it 3 reg meat,
    Wait 24 hrs,
    Feed 3 peculiar meat.

It will say it craves it when you lore the pet. After you feed the peculiar meat it will be bonded
    One likes this.
  4. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, you can only bond one animal, unless you've unlocked additional slots.
  5. Fefa

Fefa Active Member

and feed it 1 peculiar meat 3 times not all 3 at same time
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

To clarify a few things:
    There is a 24 hour timer before you can bond a pet. This timer is initiated by feeding it any food that it enjoys. A single piece of food begins this process, you do not need to feed it regular food based on the amount of control slots. Since you stabled without actually feeding it first, the timer was never initiated.
    Once the timer has passed (you can get this info by animal loreing the pet), you can bond it. Any single control slot tames do not even require peculiar meat, just regular meat. Tames which have greater then 1 control slots will require to be fed 1 peculiar meat per control slot required.
    The bonding system is designed to be un-fuck-upable. You can drop a stack of 100 peculiar meat on a pet and it will never consume more then it needs to be bonded. You could feed it the peculiar meat before the 24 hour timer, after the 24 hour timer, it doesn't matter. Essentially, you could not waste peculiar meat during the bonding process if you tried, apart from feeding it to an animal you literally didn't even intend to bond.