PK Stat loss Adjustments

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Nov 30, 2012.

1. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Is this seriously a hot topic? Don't stat pk if you cant handle the consequences. /signed /done

PS - Welcome to UO
  2. Caly

Caly New Member

I agree and that was, what the other threads were about. But his idea with the 1 hours (as an example) double loot spawn thingie whatever, I like. Because it promotes Team PvP i would hope and in comparison to CTF its with losses.

In the end I guess Champ Spawn will take over this mostly, but in the meantime, if it were easy to do (thats the part i have no clue about) :)
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Your right it's not difficult but it keeps the server more active which is what everyone wants.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Leaving the account logged in over night and playing during the day. Numbers stay ACCURATE, which matters more than volume.
  5. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

^^^

Just saying... it has A LOT of interesting elements. Would increase player interaction and activity! Sounds like a Win Win (win(michael scott))
  6. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

For mutombos sake i'm not going to get this sent to the trash but let's just say if it does end up there I have more to say.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

So your point is that you have no counter to this argument that is not Trash Talk?

Good, we'll consider the matter settled. Thanks for taking part in this civil discussion.
  8. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

no it means no matter what I reply you will reply with something else even if it don't make sense so I'm letting his thread go on.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Very good, thank you for taking part.
    I look forward to no adjustments being made.
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

If staff shows favoritism to you and your guild I will promise you in the end the server will lose alot of people. Till then i just ignored everyone in A^T good luck trolling now.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This is completely untrue, baseless and simply put, trash talk.

NOT changing the rules as they currently stand, as they have stood for over a long long time, is not showing favoritism to anyone.
  12. Tashlin

Tashlin Member

I agree that the punishment is too harsh but a punishment should be in place. Maybe if they use something like faction stat loss system for reds except it took much longer for the stats to come back. So the stat loss isn't permanent but severeley cripples your ability to murder for 2-3 days of real time logged in or not. A pk in stat loss or logged off is either a weak pk or 1 less pk to kill you.
  13. zombiekitty13

zombiekitty13 New Member

The system now is fine. If you're a PK you should be more careful. Most PKs I've seen here already run a second char on another account. If you don't like stat loss then why did you turn red? Factions or Order/Chaos may be better if you don't wish to deal with statloss. Or just blue PK. On OSI shards deep statloss reds played safe and very rarely took much risk. If you're dying after 6 kills then you should rethink how you're doing about things.
  14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

1. because during OSI Renassiance it was era accurate to be able to res out of stat- http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_16_-_Changes_to_Felucca
    When do murderers take stat loss and when do they not?
    In the main land of Felucca, short term and long-term counts will remain just as they are now. Stat loss is still based on having 5 or more short term counts. The difference is that people who murder others in the dungeons/LL of Felucca will only take long-term counts (which only determines whether or not you are red, and does not lead to stat loss).

So I can’t take stat loss in the Felucca dungeon/Lost Lands?
    Nope! Even if you have short term murder counts and would typically take stat loss in the main Felucca area, you can die in the dungeon or Lost Lands server and be resurrected (somewhere outside Felucca's dungeons or lost lands) with no stat loss.

2. Chaos/Order & factions are dead most the time. Factions is active once every 3 days to grab sigs for 7 hours and even then people aren't even bothering to logg in to camp them or fight for them accept very few people.
  15. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

daaammmmmmnnnnn!!!! did u just dig up what i think u dug up!? damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!

check and mate
  16. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

So seriously....

Power Loot hour

Double gold on certain creatures for an hour (prolly twice a week)

During that hour nobody takes short term counts in dungeons
  17. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Yes, so technically not doing something about stat loss would not be Era accurate since most of this server is Publish 16 mechanics then I don't see why it shouldn't be added or something done about it . Also people who all argued with my logic turned out to be wrong when in fact this was the case in Renassiance era. Seems people who claimed to play in the Renaissance era forgot this part.
  18. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I am not against this, BUT:

All of the aspects of Pub 16 would have to be implemented not just the few points that some people are pointing out.

Read deep. Make sure you want all of this.

Edit: Also, you realize that these changes were put in place because of Trammel.

I'll just have to be careful whenever I travel into Felucca ;)
  19. Messiah

Messiah New Member

They don't all have to be added, like he said some of it is already here some of it is not. While i'm for pks getting some kinda change to stat loss I don't know if this change would be worth it for just t2a lands. The bucc den idea was a pretty good idea on the other thread, so I think we should go for that. Let's get some more pvping going on this server!!!
  20. yaadood

yaadood Member

I like the Bucs Den idea, as well as the Chaos shrine idea (could tie order/chaos battles into this so each side doesnt make more alt chars go red taking over the shrine), and I like the idea for faction stat loss but longer for pk's.

We have changed a lot on this shard to better suit 'a free shard environment'. We have shortened faction sigil times, why can't we apply that exact same reason to pk? 'a free shard environment' means not wasting time making the game work more than fun. that's why we have a few elements of the shard that aren't era accurate, because they are just common sense better out of era. OSI's reasons for stat loss weren't and are not suitable for a free shard environment.

I am a somewhat loud proponent of revamping this system, but it is because i want to see more people come to this shard. I know a lot of well known pvp'rs from hybrid, and I still have an account there- when i try to promote this shard by word of mouth i get questions regarding statloss. that's what built their pvp base to have 1500 people online. i can tell you that with no stat loss on hybrid, it allowed pk's to not have to resort to preying on the weak as so many of you are so zealous in your belief of. it allowed pk's to fight fair and square rather than slink around in the shadows and prey on the weak. that is all i have to say on the subject.

my goal is merely MORE people on this shard.