PK Stat loss Adjustments

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

GONG, I am happy to see that the second half of that response was something that could be interpreted as a point, or points.

I was personally a fan of two account limitations. The fact that everyone can technically have practically every template available, doesn't mean at all that everyone WILL.
    I could name people directly who ONLY craft here, others who ONLY pvp, and others who ONLY pvm. There's also plenty who do a bit or a lot of everything.

This is Ultima, not Call of Duty. We are free to build what we want, when we want and I'm still not seeing much relevance in your point, regarding PKs and stat loss.
    The last line that mentioned PKs, is actually not making sense because you were too vague and again trailed off on some vague notion of it being someone else's fault that you are completely unclear.

Let me be perfectly clear: Using a bunch of words to rebutt simple, concise and valid points, when you don't actually state anything, is a waste of space.

Can you please suggest something that would pertain to PKs and statloss on this thread? Or perhaps you'd care to just continue text-wall pvp'ing with Gideon here.....
  2. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Gideon, even though your words were completely wasted on their intended recipient, your posts were enjoyable to read. You have a great way with words, my friend.

I'm glad to see that you finally got to the place of resignation. I jumped there and skipped the steps in between immediately after this guy replied to my last post. There I was, dropping logic on this thread like a transport plane full of paratrooping Vulcans, and he ignored it all and accused me of calling a random gravedigging comment from an unknown first-time poster who hasn't logged in since a random gravedigging comment from an unknown first-time poster who hasn't logged in since. Rather than help him ad hoc his way through 20 more forum pages, I ended it. I barely have free time to enter into good debates here; I definitely have no time to get caught up in trolling absurdity. Here's to hoping that either this is moved to Trash Talk or everyone who isn't GONG finds something better to do than keep this thread alive.
  4. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  5. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Holy Hell Gideon! That was a straight up forum SPANKING! I'd like to offer the victim a lifetime supply of baby powder, and a shoulder to cry on.

Well done sir!
  6. Cryious

Cryious New Member

I second that
  7. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

I third it.
  8. CleverWalrus

CleverWalrus New Member

Imho the most important thing is to keep the PK population not overwelming the non-pk one.

Given this any change is welcome, but if the server get too much crowded with PK's then it will end up like all servers with the same fate, the non-pk population will drop over time and extinguish preventing the pk from having fun too and ending up killing eachoter in a pro vs pro environment that get boring after some time, and then, they leave too.

Feeling the risk of beign killed by pk anywhere is a very good thing for keeping the game fun and challenging but if it become too much then everyone will suffer from it, even the pk's.

So, in the end i think that a good stat-loss penality and long time for removing them is acceptable; the reason is only one: In OSI you had to pay an account for playing, here you can have 3 accounts for free, it means that keeping a character "stuck online" for lowering kill counts is not is not a monetary "cost" so the effort of doing so is a lot reduced compared to paid accounts, if you lower the time too much then it become completely useless for containing the population since everyone can just make 3 pk toons and cycle between them while the other 2 recover from kill counts.

just my 2 cents :)
  9. grizzly

grizzly New Member

sorry but I feel if you do the crime you should do the time. I think if anything pk murder count and stat loss should be even more harsh then what it is.
  10. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I also think it should be more hardcore, they would also like it because it would make them more badass. Seeing a PK want less restrictions and freedom just looks down right pathetic. People who ever had a RED would brag about how awesome or badass they were, so it only makes sense to give them that awesome challenge.
  11. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Seems fine to me as is. If reds/PKing ever becomes rampant here, I'd say revisit it. But seriously, we have like 2 active reds. MyRenaissance reports a whole 3 murders in the last week.
  12. qbradq

qbradq Member

Grizzly is on about PKs at the moment. I tend to agree with you Basoosh. Also, it makes me sad when I see Estelle Getty's pic absent from you're crew. You need a fourth account :D
  13. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Yea, the 3 account limit put the kibosh on Estelle Getty being an actual character :( So she'll just have to settle with having a boat named after her.
  14. Honeydippa

Honeydippa New Member

Or you could do a thing like this cut the head off and offer them to buy it back or turn it in and depending on the the counts how long you get stat... So you have 2 chances of not goin into stat cutting the head yourself or friend or buy it back