Platinum has little to no value.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Erlkonig, Mar 18, 2018.

Tin foil hat?

1. Yes

53.8%
  2. No

46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

@Valrick I definitely get what you're saying and I would have agreed, but let's be frank, the copper cat is already out of the bag.

However getting rid of the subscriber bonus and limiting it to one untaxed house for donors would probably avoid that. In that case the reason to link it to donors is more to stop VPN cheaters than anything else.
    Valrick likes this.
  2. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

Guys. were talking about a taxation system when CUB has taken 2 years+ and counting to implement.

And, HE wont even allow provo onto players or a slew of other things that are easy fixes.

Stop talking about this stuff and lets get back to calling each other names, it's literally more productive.
    Rextacy, Eugen, NerK and 3 others like this.
  3. One

One Well-Known Member

Yeah I have to agree with Paddy and, even, Freehugger... This is fun to discuss theoretically but there's no way in hell it would happen and I don't even think this platinum devaluation thing is really an important issue.
  4. FreeHugger

And hell, let's change the title of the thread.

Platinum and ideas have no value.
    NerK and PaddyOBrien like this.
  5. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I guess we are far off-topic now, but I like the idea of some sort of "homestead exemption" to prevent house decay on a single house per account. For example, maybe you could buy a homestead exemption for a single house that auto-refreshes one time if it goes IDOC and the timer is up. You could make that cost like 30k or 60k copper coins. For anyone who says it would make the housing problem even worse (i.e. empty houses owned by people who no longer play or refresh just in case some day they return), at the same time you could make it so a house cannot be refreshed if the owner hasn't logged in in 60 days or whatever. I think someone called that condemned status.

But I guess sort of related to the original topic, I started playing in August last yr and plat was 10k. I sold all I got until I got a few farming characters set up, then I started buying when it went to 8k. So the price drop was very convenient for me. When I was asking to buy at 8k I had a few rich players privately offer to sell me as much as I needed. I didn't feel I was getting ripped off but that they were doing me a favor. Either way I like my ethy and blessed runebooks.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    One likes this.
  6. FreeHugger

Great idea. Won’t happen
  7. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

When/if copper exists. It's on stuff that can be sold to someone. At least that's the last I've heard of it. If I have a house with a copper item inside it won't transfer etc.

Freehugger is a doo-doo-face.

Change x
    Airframer is skunk ape and he will betray you
    Tamers need buffs
    Hype
  8. FreeHugger

I’m not a nay sayer, I’m a realist. I’ve been here long enough to see that nothing gets changed or fixed.

It’s not Chris’ fault. He’s been doing this for 5 years and is out of fucks to give. I’m okay with that, you all should be too.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

@Valrick if I recall correctly, houses with copper items CAN be transferred but only after some time has passed (I thought he said something like 3 weeks or 3 months, maybe 3 months).

If copper items 100% will not be transferrable in any way, shape, or form then I would have a different feeling about what the system represents.
    Valrick likes this.
  10. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

Ah yeah. I've been idle for quite a while so things like that have been out if my sight.

*deep breath*

BOOOOOOOOOOO000000000!
    One likes this.
  11. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

LOL, I had no rebuttals as this is probably accurate.
    Eugen likes this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member

@fixfrozenpipes yeah that's a good idea, the homestead.

The idea is everyone should at least be able to have one house stress-free, more or less. The only reason I would tie that to a donation is so people don't roll VPNs to make 10 accounts for their 10 tax-free houses.

For the rest I feel like they should either pay taxes or donate more. It does smack of pay-to-win but what it really boils down to is $60 a year (assuming a minimum 5 dollar monthly fee) IF you absolutely NEED two houses AND are too lazy to farm an extra hour a week to keep them.

If the server principle is that there is absolutely no in-game benefit to donating then yeah, this is not the way to go, but I was pretty sure the goal is to monetize it anyway and if so we might as well perfect the economy and get some people in here to actually code so we can see some new content content (not counting instances) for the first time in like 3 years.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  13. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

RIP this thread - at one point it at least provided some entertainment value!

Thanks to those who provide content in game!

See all but One of you on the field!

[​IMG]
    Ahirman likes this.
  14. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

*Skips 10 pages*

Don't forget that we "fixed" plat drops to prevent massive inflation that wasn't happening at the time.
    Orange likes this.
  15. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

This thread gave us "unfortunately I don't PK at pussy o'clock." This should be every single person's forum signature, immediately. Well worth it.
  16. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

I dunno if I already declared a winner here or not, but if I did and it was not this guy then I am changing my mind.

WIN
    Eugen, PaddyOBrien and wylwrk like this.
  17. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Pussy o'clock is the best part of the clock
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

Does all that salt burn on the way out you self-righteous little anchovy?

Go on and do what you do, all your plat will reassure you about what a meaningful life you lead on "the field".

I'll be here to remind you that you, too, stink like shit. And playing the game in the way that *I* enjoy: Seeing as few smarmy hypocrites as possible.
  19. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Selling Salt: 2k Per
    Buying Burn Cream: 5k Per
    Buying Plat @ 4.2k

I'll be free to trade today at Pussy O'Clock (tm)
  20. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.