Platinum has little to no value.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Erlkonig, Mar 18, 2018.

Tin foil hat?

1. Yes

53.8%
  2. No

46.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Plat train is only half the problem though, don't forget about IDERP, how can we derail IDERP too? Delete all house contents on collapse?
    The Crooked Warden, Fin and LanDarr like this.
  2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

To be fair, having previously played Europa back in the day for 5? 6? Years, a 25 mil house is still pretty cheap IMO. I paid something crazy like 10 or 15 mil for a log cabin on ice back then. So when I first joined, that didn't terrify me.

I couldn't even ride an ethie until my account was 3 years old, so seeing all I had to do here to own one was work hard or stay logged in was exciting.

The non blessed runebooks sucked. At first. But I understood it after playing here a few months. I liked that you had to keep your wits about you and have runes marked for banks and then a rune in your bank to get back home. I didnt move on, stuck around and reaped the benedits of hard work.

I also remember only ever knowing one castle on the whole of eruropa, it was on dagger island, at a quick glance here there are over 70 castle/fort's currently placed.

Its a tricky situation though, as not everyone who wants a castle/fort is going to be able to get one so of course the price is going to be super high as the owners can attribute whatever price they want to it. This doesnt bother me. Your statements are pretty sweeping dude....
    RIN likes this.
  3. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Flushing one group of turds is better than none.
    Rextacy, wylwrk, PaddyOBrien and 3 others like this.
  4. El Horno

And instead of flushing them yourself, you have to ask daddy telamon to do it. You know this is felucca right? If you want to stop someone from champing, you could always just go kill them? You trammel turd.
    PaddyOBrien and Zyler like this.
  5. Evil Dead

Oh I do hunt for your ass daily I check every champ location including the t2a ones in search of ya'll but unfortunately I don't PK at pussy o'clock. Shoot me an IRC next time your champing ill get that mounted dragons head I always wanted in no time from looting your greedy plat filled corpses.
    NerK, El Horno and One like this.
  6. El Horno

Prove erlkonig right and run some harrowers please. Show us how easy it is. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting.
    Ron Jeremy likes this.
  7. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Well-Known Member

8. Evil Dead

No problem buddy we will we have a fresh set of skulls ready. You and @Ron Jeremy should come along for the adventure we could use a pair pack llamas.
    One likes this.
  9. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Ever notice that @RIN and @El Horno spend a lot of time on my nuts?
  10. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

LEAVE DATAMER ALONE!

[​IMG]

Sorry man. If / when ANYONE makes outlandish and easily disputed statements, I'm going to say something. And in this case it pertained to a group I identify with: "New Players". Although being here over a year I guess I'm not new anymore but still.
  11. NerK

NerK Well-Known Member

This made me lol, I love pussy o'clock! +1
  12. El Horno

So you aren't going to try to defend any of the ridiculous points you made? All the bullshit you just made up?
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I admit I liked a few comments only because of the turd analogies!

Carry on!

giphy.gif
    One likes this.
  14. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

Time seems to be the thing that most people miss about UO economy.

5.5 years in a place with an endless supply of any currency you desire. Any single person can get as much as they want, if they want to play and have the time to. People retiring and coming back, and their goods never leaving. New players coming in an farming like a machine for 6 months to get established. It all adds up over time.

There is really no way to make level or static "economy" like people seem to think should be there, when items/gold/plat/good never stop coming in. There has never in the history of UOR been a plat crash, hcoin crash, gold duping or house crash that rippled through and devalued anything to hurt players. Trust me, there have been far crazier plat farming situations then are going on now in the servers life span. And they all come and go as people get burnt out, and achieve their goal.

Regular ups and downs means a UO economy is working pretty well. As long as people are playing. As "inflated" values of things go up (because we all remember a time when something was worth XXX) its just because more currency just keeps coming in.

As for new players, it may seem like hard numbers to reach, but its actually easier to earn money when wealthy established players stop doing certain things ingame, and use their currency to get what they want, leaving massive openings for money to be made. It just might take more of it at a later time in a servers life.

As for plat sinks. People remember that is basically what moats are for, yes its taking a long time, but that is a delicate line to balance on to make sure its helpful and not harmful to the server in the long run. As we can see its a sensitive subject.
    Valrick likes this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

How To Get In An Argument On UO Renaissance

1. State your opinion
    2. Wait

Thank you. Send me all your money.

wylwrk 2020
    O'Malley, Surfrats, LanDarr and 2 others like this.
  16. eherruh

eherruh Well-Known Member

Implementing a property tax on massive homes would disincentivize hoarding of such a scarce asset and serve as a sink.

One possible implementation could be that a massive property that is not current on its taxes would not be capable of being refreshed.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    One likes this.
  17. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I love this idea, we should have self assessment forms to fill in and declare our annual earnings minus deductibles. I really hope there's a helpline to go along side this that plays incredible hold music and keeps me waiting for 3 hours just to be told I've come through to the wrong department.
    One, Holden, DaBucs and 2 others like this.
  18. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Before I say what I'm about to say, know that I own one home, an L-Shape...

If you are going to add a tax onto large homes, then it should be a certain % of the deed cost and it should be for every home.

Both in RL and UO, I believe in a fair flat tax.
  19. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of HMRC?
  20. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Already rolled my assets into a trust and it's tax exempt!!
    Zyler and PaddyOBrien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.