Platinum System Discussion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Honestly, Windows 98 SE would run this great. :D
    DaTamer likes this.
  2. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Actually, when I started playing UO, I was on Win 95, and upgraded to 98 to support my 56k v.90 modem
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  3. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

Just another ideas for new platinum rewards:

Weapon stat enhancement kit:
    Used on a magic weapon it boosts its stats by one level each. Can only be used once per weapon. The weapon will become enhanced, which indicates that an enhancement kit was already used on it, e.g. enhanced supremely accurate katana of vanquishing and reptile slayer (was exceedingly accurate katana of power and reptile slayer before)
    Can't be used on exceptional weapons.
    Can't be combinded with other enhancements.
    Cost: 25 plat

<SlayerType> slayer enhancement kit:
    Used on a magic weapon it enhances the weapon with the slayer type by the cost of reduced stats. Can only be used once per weapon. The weapon will become enhanced, which indicates that an enhancement kit was already used on it, e.g. enhanced exceedingly accurate katana of power and dragon slaying (was supremely accurate katana of vanquishing before)
    Can't be used on exceptional weapons.
    Can't be combinded with other enhancements.
    Only sub slayers available, no super slayers.
    Cost: 25 plat

Armor enhancement kit:
    Used on any armor part the armor becomes enhanced and get's an AR boost depending on it's armor type. The armor will become enhanced, which indicates that an enhancement kit was already used on it, e.g. enhanced chainmail tunic of invulnerability
    All values indicate wearing a full set of Armor. 10AR reduce damage each hit at about 1.7 (by my calculation)
    For Leather: +10 AR
    For studded leather: +15 AR
    For Bone: +15 AR
    For Ringmail: +15 AR
    For Chainmail: +20 AR
    For Platemail: +25 AR
    Any shield: +10 AR
    (reduced for each single armor part, the +20 AR counts for wearing a whole set of enhanced armor)
    Cost: 2 plat
  4. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

Blessed bag, contents within the bag drop upon death, bag remains. For razor sell agents etc.
    More decoration items

I am all for the plat system but I would rather see skill changes first but that is for another thread.
  5. Fenris Corp

Fenris Corp Active Member

I apologize in advance if any of this is already in place:

-Murder count removal deeds? (has to be expensive: 100 platinum, good for 1 long-term for instance)

-platinum can be found hunting, perhaps work it in as a potential BOD reward? or like a .01% chance to find one while mining, or crafting etc... "You unearth a platinum coin". "You find a platinum coin wedged in the folds of the cloth"...

-Vendor renaming deed? Either a pre-populated list in a gump you can pick from, allow user input, or just a single-use that randomly gives a vendor a new name.

change the way platinum is acquired so that you can't just forever remain logged in to bank it up without actually playing the game? this could be accomplished with the standard 5x5 afk checks used for skill gain. the code should already be in there somewhere, tailor it to fit this. (I've been here going on 3 months and frequent brit bank, and these two haven't moved that i have seen. can't imagine how much plat they have in their wallet). It isn't unfair because we can all do it, but it kind of diminishes the value of a platinum coin when all you have to do is leave a game running to get it.
    for_almost_3_months.png
    Pedigar likes this.
  6. Anarchy

Anarchy Active Member

Oh I like this idea a lot - sounds a bit complicated to implement with the contents dropping anyway.
    Idea about it: If someone owns a "blessed bag" it drops on death, looses it's stats but a "copy" of it - emptied out - stays on the ghost.

I would love to have my inventory well sorted and not need to buy new bags and maybe color them on each death.

Should also not be too expensive. Maybe 5 or 10 Plat - and dyeable with the standard dye

And maybe thinking about the environment. People keeping possibly their computers on just for that. I personally started to use my rented VPS for e.g. macroing.
    Maybe just add a command like "[stayonline" which keeps the character online for 48 hours.
    I know its essential about "online player counter" and server publicity.

I absolutely agree that actually playing the game in any way should award someone with more platinum, maybe even "unlimited" independend of the "online timer". But it should be limited to "non macroable activities", so mining is somewhat like a problem.

How about a monster hunt "BOD" system (kind of quests) and the reward is plat. Monster kills are already tracked in some way, so should not be that hard to implement.
    Each quest tells you to kill e.g. 30 monsters of 3 different types, ranging from low level to high level.
    The "BOD" is filled by killing the monsters. Rewards could be always platinum - and maybe other stuff added later like slayer weapons, ...
    Sure also interessting for new players! Kill that 30 skeletons, 30 zombies and 30 ghouls! ;) + get 1 platinum
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  7. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

How about a set plat to gold exchanger in the reward vendor? This would be a sink for gold and platnum both, while governing a resource that is acquired by sitting afk. I'll be hated for saying this, but why not make it something like 6k gp to 1 plat? It somewhat caters to those who want blessed runebooks and eterials earlier in the game, and I believe it takes care of some inflation. I'm not a fan of the low cost runebooks and eterials idea, but they would still be reasonably expensive this way. It also keeps champ farming as a viable source of high income. I believe something that trickles in over time should have a responsibly governed value anyway.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  8. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

I agree. To some it may seem silly, but there are people who decide whether or not they want to play on a server based on the "online count" number, and whether the server "feels" populated. Every now and then you see one of those "where is everybody!?" posts where someone new to the shard expects WBB to look like it did in 1999 on OSI. In my opinion those bank sitters are providing a valuable contribution because even on OSI the endless "sea" of people at WBB had quite a few AFK. Seeing a player logged in anywhere at least tells you "you're not alone." (sorry for the cliche). Another reason it is good to encourage players to remain logged in is because it could encourage them to jump in and do something as they are already logged in. If someone in my guild asks for a rescue and I am doing something else on my PC, I am more likely to respond to them because, after all, I am already logged in and it's just a quick recall, resurrect, invis, then get back to what I was doing. I typically stay logged in 24/7 well after I earn my 500 hours per account every month for these reasons.

[/quote]

This is a great idea! The rewards could be adjusted to whatever seems appropriate, but this sort of seems to go along with activities like treasure maps, battle mining and maybe even the zookeeper's quest. The MOBs could be just regular types or maybe even a slight variation that is a bit more rare. This could also get people out in areas that are currently not visited as much because the loot isn't as good (like Ophidians). Maybe some of these "BODs" that are a bit more lucrative could have a list of bosses on them that have to be killed. I hope @Chris reads your suggestion here and keeps it in the back of his mind.
    Earsnot likes this.
  9. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

This would be so crazy good its crazy.

This would get playas out "there" hustlin' like wild, you could have several tiers of quests too, its almost like a soft intro in champ spawns.

Into it guy. Into it.
  10. syncopations

syncopations Active Member

i wouldnt mind blessed pouches and daggers
  11. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

I would like to see more deco added, armour for mount, wood workers bench, different flowers maybe some trees. Scaffolding like in minoc, animated bee hive. Maybe more marble or sandstone creations.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    swiftfeet likes this.
  12. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Non-gm weapon newbie deed= 500 plat

This would allow you to newbie non gm weapons, like nieras bloodied sword or the lephracaunator and the likes. Would be cool to actually be able to wear those around, and it is not like they are any good to use or at risk of people like pvping with them with any success.
    Dalavar, Arawn, merlin8666 and 4 others like this.
  13. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

SOLD.
    RavenMagi likes this.
  14. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

Gimme a blessed Val axe.
    Animal Control likes this.
  15. El Horno

ok ok it has to be non-crafted.
  16. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

Oh, I think if pets can be "blessed" weapons should be able to be too.
  17. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

blessed agepite runic heavy x-bow then
    Minax and Hoominaga like this.
  18. Daggoth

Daggoth Active Member

Nah I don't think we should be able to bless weapons. This messes with thieves too much for my liking.
    Deacon likes this.
  19. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Uorenaissance-map1.jpg

:p
  20. El Horno

for the record this doesn't mess with thieves at all. Thieves never have opportunities to steal these rare weapons before, and they wouldn't if they were newbied.

ok ok no runics either.
    snap dragon likes this.