Player Friendly Server?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Thepusher, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Thepusher

Thepusher New Member

I am new to this server. I have a Friend Lith whom introduced me to here. I have played UO for years and most servers turn to grieving.What separates this server from the rest?
    Halabinder and Lord Krake like this.
  2. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

It has a great community.
    ReZon and Thepusher like this.
  3. Thepusher

Thepusher New Member

thank you Xegugg for your reply. Can you elaborate? Are Reds really Blues? Looking to two box via decoys and such or every high dollar hunting spot have ghost there so players can be ganked?
  4. Aya

Aya Active Member

This server has great PvM. You can farm tons (in any spot) without seeing any PKs at all. I cannot say that there is not blue people that scout, but it is an exception rather than the rule. There will obviously be PKs on occasion, you can protect yourself by playing smart when they do show up on your screen...eventually you will be killed but eh...it is few and far between however.

As far as griefing goes...there is minimal griefing from what I have experienced...There was one guy that used to grief the tamers working skills at Jhelom, he is around but he cannot live it down...it is rather funny.

The community here is pretty outstanding. Even the trash talk is minimal. This certainly is not other servers (that will remain nameless) where half of the population is spouting racial slurs and cussing back and forth constantly.

If you need help, hop on IRC or post here...typically you will have an answer/assistance very quickly.

The community also invests in itself where many players donate their gold/items/time to help each other...such as free resist events, tournaments of different varieties and so forth.
    Thepusher and Lord Krake like this.
  5. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

First let me say welcome!

Second, I can say that for the most part this is a very good server in which to get your UO fix.

Now for the reality check, I'm not going to sugar coat the fact that this isn't a Trammel server, you're going to meet your fair share of asshats and douchebags who will grief you, gank you or try to crap on your UO experience.

That being said, there are some really great folks who play here and as a community I rate this server as AAA+. Hook up with a good guild, you'll be golden and will have a great time here. You don't have to be in a guild to have fun or survive here but it sure will help you get the most out of your playtime.

Gold is easy to come by here, the PvP is o.k. for the most part, and the staff is probably one of the best I've experienced on any freeshard.

Try it out, see what this server has to offer and if you like what you see, hopefully you'll become a veteran of UOR :)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Thepusher, Lord Krake and Blaise like this.
  6. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hello! Welcome to UO:R.

This is the bees knees for free shards; really fantastic.

There are a ton of guides to help you with anything you need here, and a lot, A LOT, of good people in the community to hook up with.

Hope this server is what you are looking for!

~Krake
    Halabinder, Thepusher and Orion GM BD like this.
  7. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

Welcome to UO:R! You will absolutely enjoy your stay here. Chris has built a wonderful server loaded with everything great that UO has to offer. As a relatively new player myself (in my second month), I can tell you I get the feeling that the administration here really cares about making this server the best it can possibly be. This isn't a server motivated by monetary gains, this is a server built to bring you the UO experience that YOU knew and loved back when you played. If you haven't met Pegbyter yet, I'm sure he'll make a visit to you in game. I think we talked for 2 straight hours one night when he appeared with fireworks in hand to welcome me. He's the friendliest GM you could ever meet and he genuinely cares about the new player experience. He has GM experience on OSI shards from way back and he, in addition to the other GM's, do NOT play here. You can guarantee there's no fishy business going on behind closed doors or any favoritism involved. I can't say the same for *cough* other servers. The community here is a direct correlation of the GM's it seems. They are very friendly, willing to do whatever they can to help especially if you're new. And the PK's are very mean, willing to gank you whenever the opportunity arises - As it should be. If it were any other way it wouldn't be fun!

As far as the gaming experience goes, I feel there is a perfect balance of being free, able to accomplish goals untouched, and getting ganked, continuously bothered while farming. If there is no risk, the reward isn't as exciting. If the risk is simply too great, the reward isn't even reachable. The risk/reward balance here is ideal. You don't want to play on a barren wasteland server because you feel there's no point as everything is too easy. But you also don't want to play where you can't go 5 feet without getting PK'd, unable to accomplish anything. On the other side of the coin, if you're a PK, you're not running around forever trying to find something. There IS action and there ARE people to kill and play with no matter what your playstyle is. I feel THAT is one of the most important factors in deciding what server is right for you.

I'll leave you with this. I have yet to meet anyone that has badmouthed this server for any reason. I have yet to meet anyone unhappy with the dedication of the administration or their involvement. There's always something to do here and there's always fun to be had and friends to be made. Enjoy your time here on UO:R, as I and many others have. If you should need help or assistance, I know you have your friend LiTH to help you, but seek me out and I shall help in any way I can. Take care.
    Halabinder, Thepusher, Vlar and 3 others like this.
  8. Moxo

Moxo Member

Hmmm.
    Basoosh, Thepusher, Kane and 2 others like this.
  9. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to UO:R!
    Halabinder and Thepusher like this.
  10. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

As stated above, this shard is really kinda trammy for being a fel ruleset and is very welcoming as a new player.

I started here like a month or so ago and had one of the most welcoming times ever starting a new shard.

You will be welcomed.

You will be killed.

You will have a blast.
    Basoosh, Halabinder and Thepusher like this.
  11. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member