Playing UO Renaissance on a Mac OSX using a download and play package

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by nkr, Aug 6, 2014.

1. compsays

compsays Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

But Uorenaissance.com IS the server. There's only this one, no other shards like in the old days. It's the server, it's the shard, it's the mothership.
  2. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member

i was just gonna say.
    uoR is the only server that kept its originally version of the launch with minor changes.
    i dont know how else to explain. perhaps you should read the UOR home page more before having other expectations.

needless to say, this server is very alive, many public & non public events. high responsive community (in irc) and a very playable marketspace (forums and irc). i like this even more than UO on OSI in 2002.

give it a go before judging; you might find it amazing like many players do.

regards
    compsays likes this.
  3. enfieldTA

enfieldTA Member

Hello all,

I just got a new computer (MacBook Air), and upgraded to the latest OSX ( "High Sierra" -- 10.13.3) and now I can't seem to open the UOR package downloaded from uorenaissance.com

Is anyone else having this issue with this new OS? Does anyone know anything about computers (Macs particularly) who can point me in the right direction?

I hope to continue playing! But I did just spend a bunch of money on this new robot, so if that's that then I'm kinda screwed.

Please help!
    -enfieldTA
  4. Labeler

there is a video a couple post above (previous page)
    try that please
    enfieldTA likes this.
  5. enfieldTA

enfieldTA Member

6. OldSchool

OldSchool New Member

Hey fellow UO friends. I followed the video instructions and was able to get UOHybrid running on my Macbook Pro. However, it tells me my client is out of date and that certain items in my bag show up as metal gates/wicker fences. How do I remedy this? How can I update my client?

I tried copying my UO game folder from my PC and replacing the one withing the mac version, but the game crashes right after character selection.
  7. Labeler

hi

i dont wanna sound picky but you should download the MAC package from uor download page. this package works without flaw. only need to tweak IF your running a laptop mac without dedidated VGA RAM(4GB+) for this tweak follow the youtube posted a few times in this tread.

if that still doesnt work... please provide some more details and screenshots.

good luck sir
    compsays likes this.
  8. OldSchool

OldSchool New Member

I have the mac package from the website, I have the 2016 package version. But when I login to play on uogamers hybrid. Items in my bag appear as something completely different on my mac vs my pc , because I cannot update my game client within that package. I'm stuck with an out dated game client from that doesn't have uogamers hybrid supported content. I'm just looking for a solution to fix that.

Example: The easter candy in my bag, shows up as a little piece of candy on my PC. When I play on my mac with the downloaded mac package, the easter candy is a giant metal wall/fence piece.... like what you'd see when building a custom house. (no joke)
  9. Labeler

i dont play hybrid, i play UO Renaissance
  10. compsays

compsays Active Member

I didn't think it was possible to play anything other than UO Renaissance on a Mac. I wasn't aware of an alternative.
  11. Chadarius

Chadarius Member

Sure you can play on any shard as long as you are using the correct UO client and patches. You can easily setup different Wineskin packages for them. But UO Renaissance is my favorite shard by far so why play anywhere else? :)

You can manually install all the software into a custom Wineskin and it will generally work just fine. UO Auto mapper doesn't work well in Wine on a Mac, so I just throw in the older 8.3 version and run that, which works perfectly. Happily, I've now ditched my last Macbook in our household so I won't be messing with this stuff much longer. But I'm pretty sure I'll be setting this up in Linux on WINE soon. :)