Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by nkr, Aug 6, 2014.
still not moving forward
cant help if i cant troubleshoot.
Ok got into the app. I see the app menu is up on top my tool bar but I don't see any windows. Is this some of the tweaking I need to do with Wineskin?
have you checked suggestions earlier in this tread?
OK So i followed the video and got it to open. However Now It's just flashing a razor logo on the screen.
I have to get to work so I'll do some more reading and playing around when I get home.
thanks for the help
let it flash, it ll take 1 or 2 mins,
then turn off "show this windows on start up" or in razor, "show welcome screen"
High Sierra here. As someone else wrote some pages back mine doesn't work either. It opens but no windows. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Watch the last video that was posted.
It helped me.
Basicallly Make sure UO is closed. Open wineskin make some changes and make sure it’s updated.
All detailed in the video.
Worked like a charm. Sadly I’ve only played like 10 minutes since then.
Anyone have any fixes for playing on OSX Mojave?
what system ?:
are you using wineskin?
have you looked into the wintricks tweaks about the memory for the video (if your running on a mbp)?
Ok... I took a good long look at this. I was confused as well. I was able to get my client to work by doing the following; step by step.
1. Go into your applications folder and Right click on the UO Client
2. Select "Show Package Contents"
3. Double click 'Wineskin'
4. Select 'Advanced'
5. Select 'Tools'
6. Select 'Screen Options'
7. Unclick 'Autodetect GPU for Direct3D'
8. Click 'Done'
9. Select 'Winetricks' The tab is the top middle one.
10 .Lower left has a tab to 'Update Winetricks' so click that and let it do it's thing.
11. On the top is a search bar, type in 'Video' and click 'Settings' on the results. this will bring up the menu to adjust your video memory size.
12. Select 'Video Size' 2048mb. It doesnt matter if your video card actually supports this much memory or not, it's just for the purposes of the client and will work regardless of your actual physical video card memory.
13. Click 'Run'
Note, if you get an red error pop up screen at this point, then go to 14. If not, let the processes run, then exit the wrapper and run the client..
14. Close the window, then select 'Kill Wineskin Process' this will stop any active Wineskin processes that are stopping it from updating the video info.
15. Go Back into 'Winetricks' and reselect the video mode as 2048mb of video memory. Then click 'Run'
At this point, the Wineskin wrapper will generate a bunch of processes and regen the wrapper with the new video settings. After this, close out of the wrapper as you are now done with the modifications. The client should now run correctly.
Is there a way to update the client?
UOR doesnt need updates.
question doesnt sound UOR-ish.
Yes, i was asking for other shards that requires updated UO version.
Separate names with a comma.