Poll: Recall from runebook 100% regardless of magery skill.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by wylwrk, Apr 1, 2016.

With 11 int and 0.0 magery skill using a charge from a runebook in player's backpack is 100%

Poll closed Apr 15, 2016.
  1. Yes

41.9%
  2. No

58.1%
  1. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

One likes this.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Voted no, for the same reasons BlackEye posted. Everything has a cost. If you want insta-escape capabilities, you have to pay for it with a slice of your 700 skill points. That's the foundation that the entire skill system is based on.

That said, the portion of this that I am against is the ability to instantly escape. I don't have a problem with making non-combat travel easier for non-mages. Reducing the failure rate on using level 1-4 scrolls for characters with 0 magery seems like a good idea (or somehow increasing the cast time as someone said).
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, increased cast time would definitely be good if this were implemented.
  4. Peon

Peon Member

I agree everyone should have to pay with their skill points for insta escape. Mages have a significant advantage their class has recall built in. It's why I suggested tying recall to spirit speak so that everyone would have to use a chunk of their 700 skill points balancing this and costing everyone to have this instant escape.

I'm for increasing the cast time as well, but I'd rather only increase it if engaged in combat, like the little red words come up "Telamon is attacking you." All that takes is a double click on your target.
  5. Tsarkon

Tsarkon Active Member

Counterpoint: GM Blacksmithing repair deeds being able to be used wtih 0 Blacksmithing.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Please remove these fucking pieces of shit from the game entirely.
  7. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

You have to be near a GM blacksmith to use them, plus a forge. It's just a contract, but they still do the work and not you.
  8. Tsarkon

Tsarkon Active Member

You'll get no argument from me. I hate these things. It completely takes out the interaction between people that makes this game so great.
  9. Tsarkon

Tsarkon Active Member

Yes, but scrolls are *hand waves* maaaaaaagical.

Couldn't you just say that the essence of a GM mage is imbued in the scroll or some other such bs to justify it?

If we're ok with one, why not both?

For the record, I'm not ok with either.

If you don't have Blacksmithing, you can't repair your weapon.

If you don't have Magery, you can't cast magic spells.

Perhaps if the repair contracts made it easier to repair weapons like a scroll makes it easier to cast a spell, it'd be ok. That would still require some requisite skill, however.
    Player X and Blaise like this.
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Incorrect, you need to be near an NPC Blacksmith. These shit items are just more Trammel in a bag that negate player interaction.

Garbage. Just garbage.

Good thinking Tsarkon.
    Just allow repair deeds to ONLY repair 10 HP per deed up to a maximum of 50% of the item's total durability.

That'll keep your shit from falling apart but if you want to be at peak effectiveness, you'll be employing a real blacksmith.
    von Stuben likes this.
  11. Peon

Peon Member

I think these deeds are largely for noobs. Don't most people just have their own blacksmith?
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

[​IMG] '

This is how I feel about that utterly accurate statement.
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

"""defensive""" wrestling
  14. Peon

Peon Member

I honestly can't tell if that is good or bad. You blew your head up then said I was right. I think the deeds take away direct business from crafters selling weapons because everyone can just repair all the time.
  15. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It's bad. The fact that "most people" have their own blacksmith, which isn't really accurate but a good exaggeration that is befitting the problem. Many players have not only one blacksmith, but three, because the system is designed to encourage humping the system with multiple characters of the same skill to produce the most possible bulk order deeds/rewards.

The deeds negate the weapon/item repair business just like powder of fortification. Just like the website negated Arms Lore usefulness for so long that most folks don't even know or care about the Arms Lore patch that finally hit.....because the fucking DETAILS ARE STILL ON THE GOD DAMNED WEBSITE.

Remove that bullshit from the site, block PoF use on weapons and armor, remove repair deeds, RESTORE FELUCCA AND COMMUNAL FUNCTIONS IN THE FUCKING GAME.

That'd be greaaaat.

Cheers.
  16. BlackEye

You want community? Remove totally overpowered bonding. So that people actually have to team up, to handle some mobs.

Back to the original topic: I support 100% recall success without any magic, even without any scroll, FOR THE CASE that you have hired a NPC mage as companion! That makes sense at least.
    BetaMovement, Zim and Blaise like this.
  17. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

This...

It will NEVER happen although. There are WAY too many people who have invested WAY TOO MANY hours into pet bonding and pet training.
    One likes this.
  18. BlackEye

OR change/introduce regular farming spots that make it really worthwhile to team up (more gold to split among two players would be enough actually). Especially force people to combine tamers with dexxers etc, not just more tamers.
    But then again, we have 3 accounts for simultaneous play.
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

That is the core reason why many things are the way they are (archery for example) here. If archery did it's actual potential, the grief squads would "drive away players". We can't have that.

Oh, hey! How about that defensive wrestling though? Gosh, golly, and gee I sure am glad that's active here!
    It allows for more diverse skill combinations without wasting points!
  20. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    BetaMovement likes this.