Poll: Why Do You IDOC?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Dash, Oct 12, 2019.

Why Do You IDOC

1. PvP Combat

18.8%
  2. Loot / Riches

21.9%
  3. Other

12.5%
  4. I don't

46.9%
  1. Dash

Dash Active Member
    UO:R Donor

There has been some more IDOC activity in the UOR realm as of late, and I've noticed players enjoy them for different reasons based on their particular play style.

Some enjoy the adrenaline rush from the heat of the battle, protecting their guildmates from certain death as they work to secure loot and property. Usually all in good fun, without malicious looting or mount killing from either side.

Some enjoy amassing in 5 minutes what someone spent an entire UOR life accumulating.

Others, like myself, may enjoy the story. A snapshot in time of someone's one coveted crafter station, now on the ground. Did they die IRL? Was it a mistake? Will they see their crafter branded items or statues years from now and be like, oh shit, that's mine? What happened?!

Then there are those who have zero interest, or may have had a bad experience from trying it once or twice, etc.

If you had to select one reason, which best describes YOU?

yew-bank-idoc.JPG

upload_2019-10-12_3-15-2.png
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  2. Daggoth

Daggoth Active Member

There hasn't been more idoc activity lately than any other time. I'm curious why you ask this question. Seems loaded to me, or that maybe you come with some sort of ulterior motive. You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  3. Valient

Valient Active Member

Right now, loot.

I haven't created a pvp character, so I can't enjoy that part.
    Dash likes this.
  4. Dash

Dash Active Member

Research and Development.

Thank you for your input.
    Pencils something in notebook.
    Valient likes this.
  5. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

Dopemine.

The answer is always dopemine.
    Fraggle likes this.
  6. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

upload_2019-10-13_21-35-34.png

#neverforget
    TrojanCow and El Horno like this.
  7. TrojanCow

TrojanCow Well-Known Member

8. Delstrudo

Delstrudo Well-Known Member

It all started with PVP. After graduating P*U it was the natural thing to do in order to get into some action. The world PVP dwindled as the population dropped, in part due to the shard we shall not name.

While it took some time to ramp up, turns out the loot that comes with the idocs is a very tasty icing on the cake. Note I mention loot, not riches. Gold is great but all the neat pixels that come to light are really interesting!

Also the "story" as mentioned earlier in this thread. I've only been on this shard for over a year, it's clear there's a wealth of history on UOR. When some of these properties drop it's in a way sad as this was somebody's online life for however long, now departed. Also exciting, in that often it's a battle for the spoils of an earlier time. The spoils themselves tell a story about the players.

Running zones you see how the landscape evolves. Gives a neat perspective to the game. Can see some nifty deco out there!