Portal Investigation Assignment The Great Council

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Mike charter, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Mike charter

Mike charter New Member

Oct 17 15 MC

Today I went down to see shelly at the provisioners to stock my shelves and see if I had any work in the near future. She told me The Great Council is asking for someone to explore the lost lands for some temple portal thing, kinda gives me the weebie jeebies thinking about it. Also in turn I talked with Dimitri and he said he would support an expedition to see what kin of ore can be found over there. Tomorrow I will head to Ocello to find out more..

Oct 18 15 MC

Spoke with some Bureaucrat today, he gave me the standing written by TGC. A deer disappeared in the gate some mountaineers, say. I'm a little apprehensive about this, will I be ripped apart when I walk into this thing? Will I be able to return? Well, I need the gold to stock the shelves for this winter, mining iron ain't like it use to be and I'm excited to maybe find some places where I can find some gold or maybe Valorite.

Oct 19 15 MC

Ok Im on my way, I arrived in Moonglow today, now this is a place I could retire in, love the sea breeze and all this fresh food. I spoke with the dockhand josh and he told me to go to the Mage Shop in the northern part of the island. Step on a pentagram and recite an incantation "Recdu" this magic stuff scares me a bit cold steal is the way the gods want us to live. Well after a fun night at this Inn I will go out and try to find the lost lands.

Oct 20 15 MC

Now whoa, this place, the lost lands, is a weird overgrown place. The size of the bullfrogs are huge! Ive herd story's and I ain't ever seen a gorilla till today! Its nifty seeing different places but this is no place I'd like to live. I tried to mine a bit today the rock is hard! Takes me so much time to dig through this to find just a little iron. I am working my way to a the Delucia Passage then due east the Mountaineers claimed.

Oct 21 15 MC

Today was quite good day! Started out bad I had a crazy ostrich attack me today. Man you cant get that dam bird they are fast but tonight I have some Ostrich ribs to gnaw on. No sign of the temple but the yield of the ore has changed a bit, to my favor. I got a few ounces of gold and shadow iron but nothing good like vertite or valorite. Maybe tomorrow when I'll have some luck with finding that temple. Am I closer to my death? or maybe this will be the biggest discovery in history.

Oct 22 15 MC

I have found this temple. Im glad I packed a teleport scroll it made the trip much easier I think though I don't exactly know this place very well. This place is very peaceful. I don't want to walk into this place I think the rest of the day I will mine here and see If anything turns up at least their is a forge and even an anvil. The carvings remind me of home and I wonder every hour if this is my last day on Felicia or lost land where ever this place is. I have some Yewen wine and some of Shell's shortcake in my bag yet I think today I will eat the good stuff cus who knows what tomorrow holds.

This may be my fair thee well.

Oct 23 15 MC

I'm still here and I better explain good for the Great Counsel Report. This is a deep jungle dark and lots of sneaky kill'en things like snakes and creepies. I thought this would be a whole new land, but its a small island, a couple houses on it like back in Felicia. The lost lands had some weird stuff called bamboo. I stand in front of this stone building that could be back in Minoc. I think the temple is another gateway just back home. I confirmed this with an inhabitant, i think he speaks funny but kinda the same.

I better sit down and make this report the The Great Council, hope it ain't no big let down for 'em.
    Ragar, Alice Asteroid, Cero and 3 others like this.
  2. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

So this portal goes to an island, I see. I am glad that you investigated this area and I will be in touch concerning your reward for your intrepid endeavors!
    Mike charter, PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  3. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

+1 love the journal approach!
    Mike charter likes this.