Project Sanctuary Public Champions are over

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by MikeK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

I didn't wanna reply to see how out of context and personal shit can get.. just ignore me I'm typing out loud
  2. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

My 15 year old decided to try UO (with a little encouragement) so I decked him out with some fancy Gm Ringmail, Gm made sword and shield, (he likes playing a warrior class) and I sent him on his way to the Britain cemetery.. he was out there for about 5 minutes and was PK'd.

His first words were, 'Dad, this game is stupid, where is the balance?'. I told him this game is dominated by the minority - the Pk's. Pk's (and I will say that most wont loot you - thanks for that) dominate the main hunting locations looking not to PvM but to PK. He has since deleted UO. Why a Pk would find thrill killing a character in ringmail at Brit cemetery is beyond me, but a kill is a kill I guess.

I think it would be fitting to implement a different bounty system. An NPC bounty hunter..

After a PK gets so many kills, the Brit guard will dispatch their 'Elite' Britain Guard to track down the Pk. They would randomly show up at the location of the Pk, dispatch the Pk, and put a system message out there that "The 'Elite Britain Guard' has dispatched 'So and So'. Free turkey legs and beer at Brit Castle." ... ok, maybe not free turkey legs and beer but you get the picture.

Generally, Pk's don't have any 'predators'. Their targets are PvM's who are built more for 'flight' vs 'fight'... something implemented to which would have them watching their backs at all times would be kind of nice.
  3. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The kid is your own flesh and blood and you don't even throw him a silver weapon?
  4. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not trying to sounds like a dick so I will try to word this as carefully as possible. It sounds like your son just doesn't have that never quit attitude which is nearly a requirement for playing UO. If that had been me, it would have only made me want to get better so I could find the person that killed me and pay them back.

If getting pked and losing some junky ringmail armor, gm weapon and bandages made your son quit, he was destined to quit over something else.
    Liberation, Nymeros and El Horno like this.
  5. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the only people that kill pks are the other groups of pks. There's not anyone out there with clean hands that's just trying to play a good guy role (there have been some that have had the idea but never the manpower/experience to follow through.) This isn't an impossible dream though. You just need a few people with fair pvp experience who are good at scouting and willing to have a character logged in and go as soon as a red is spotted. But there will be a thin line between prey and predator here. You have to be able to make the combat unforgiving for the reds and be ready to choose your battles.
  6. Theodin

I apologize about that.. I dunno why I thought 1v1ing someone with a blessed valorite dp would be fun but 15 minutes into that 1v1 I decided it was the most boring fight ive had in my entire history of uo and joined my friends in drinking games... that was a fun 15 minutes of.. wait that was boring as fuck nvm
  7. Theodin

Damn man I really tried to set myself up for some personal attacks thats the best you can do? A copy and paste? Cmon I wanna hear more about how I do fat lInes with Yo momma before I play
  8. Theodin

Fuck man that exact reason is why I play uo.. when I found out I was pkd 16 or 17 years ago at the brit gy and lost the little loot I got I fell in love
  9. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

My son is resilient, a competitor, and quite intelligent. He knows when something is lopsided.
  10. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

I still play Theo. I got numb to Pk's when it was just Fel oh so long ago. I carry as little as possible on me when I'm out there and hope I can farm enough to pay the 'bills' (money to buy my coth, etc) before I get Pk'd.

Back to my original post, it was cool seeing a guild do something for the general population of the server. Not so cool watching it go into the toilet because of a few.
  11. Theodin

Again sorry to hear you got SL'd.. but every server has its ups and downs. This one just happens to have a tremendous amount of wanna be pks and griefers, a lot more than real pvpers. If you cant tell read some of these posts.. if you call them out or try to get a fair fight they get defensive, group up on you on the forums with personal attacks, and dodge everything you're saying and talk about how fair they fight.
    again it's not the server it's just the amount of horribly inexperienced players who managet to group up that makes everyone who actually knows what pvp is about look bad
  12. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Interesting way of putting things!
  13. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

[*Old man voice*] Back in my day.... we didn't have no namby pamby "balance"! Games were made back then to make you cry, not to enjoy! Try playing Battletoads! Or any game without the konami code! Where am I? How did I get here? You damn kids, get off my lawn! Where's my metamucil?!" [/Old man voice]

Anyway.... didn't you tell him about the young program? and what kind of father lets their son loose in the Brit cemetery? The horror! :D

Regarding pk's, its kind of funny reading this thread, and then reading the whining by the same perpetrators and SL/TT sympathizers about other pk groups like the RRG on other threads.
    Ragnarok and Vishakt like this.
  14. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised that tamers don't get together to form an anti-pk group. Pk's would drop left and right if someone had the notion to do something like that.
  15. Theodin

When tb com and Minax all fight youll see action and no sl.. if those 3 factions stop playing sl is magically a big guild and active. and it's mission impossible 4 the new movie trying to get the newbs who gank the most to fight you when any faction is active. They only play when other factions don't
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I've got no problem with RRG - I think it's nice that they have a roleplay element and theme.
  17. Theodin

We did that when I started doing champ spawns.. got 5 ethies and 5 blessed runebooks with the group of tamers I played with unfortunately most of them got bored and quit, as most were pvers who had nothing to farm for anymore
  18. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

[13:09] <Mes> come on down to buccs
    [13:09] <theo> Lololol
    [13:10] <theo> I'm at work gimme 2 hours 'buddy'
    [13:10] <theo> I'll be there though
    [13:10] <theo> Let me get off work first
    [13:10] <theo> This ain't some bs sl response
    [13:10] <Mes> yes it is
    [13:10] <theo> Saying I'm too scared yall will gank, I'm actually at work
    [13:11] <theo> And 2 hours, I will be available
    [13:11] <theo> So why get upset and start talking about me irl?
    [13:11] <theo> It's rude not to introduce yourself on voice
    [13:11] <Mes> we've been on voice together
    [13:11] <theo> Was I geeked out that day? Woops
    [13:12] <Mes> yes
    [13:12] <theo> Well shit
    [13:12] <theo> Ok then lol
    [13:12] <Mes> haha
    [13:12] <Mes> you had a friend over that was losing his mind
    [13:12] <theo> Just thought it was unusual of you
    [13:12] <theo> To mention rl stuff
    [13:12] <theo> Ohhh yeahhh
    [13:12] <Mes> you are running your mouth a ridiculous amount on the forums these days
    [13:12] <theo> Yeah I remember
    [13:12] <theo> Yeah I'm at work trying to kill time but I agree
    [13:12] <theo> I did push it overbiard
    [13:14] <Mes> i won't be on in two hours. I have things to do this afternoon, but I'll be on this evening. Although i don't actually believe i'll see an oranges
    [13:14] <theo> You wont
    [13:14] <theo> Part of the reason I've been talking so much is because I can't convince people to fight yall anymore
    [13:15] <theo> Yall won.. whatever fight that was
    [13:15] <theo> I used to be able to get 2 to 3 maybe 4 to figjt
    [13:15] <theo> Now there's 4 or 5 sitting in voice but they say fuck that when I ask em to group up
    [13:16] <theo> So I got really annoyed I missed out n on factions the last couple of months and now I can't faction for shit
    [13:16] <theo> Sorry got a little frustrated didn't mean to talk THAT much shit
    [13:16] <theo> But I realized I did get ridiculous
  19. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

There is nothing to gain from killing a PK.. no rewards, no bonuses, no 'Ultimate Pk Slayer' award.. the Pk's at least get their name in 'Red'.

They get all the cool accolades. Very little risk, all reward, and a cool red name. :cool:
  20. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

Untrue, you get loot + bounty.