Project Sanctuary Public Champions are over

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by MikeK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

Very little loot and Ive seen some of those 3 gold bounties...
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Refering to my sig!
  3. Senzek

Senzek Active Member

The possibility of murders showing up is the only reason I don't nod off at the keyboard while gold farming. Randomly guard whacking murderers outside of town is a horrible anti PK mechanic. IMO, the only anti PK mechanic for farmers that needs to exist in game already does: a pair of dragons, wall of stone, and the "all kill" command.

If we're really going to brainstorm anti-red mechanics, make it easier for anti-pk blues to track them down. Red recalls into a dungeon and receives a flavorful message "your sins are noticed and the hunt closes in." Recalling and gating is disabled inside the dungeon. System message for non-red players "Lord British's royal mages have scried and quarantined a band of murderers in the dungeon Shame." Anti PKs recall to the entrance, reds try and escape or kill their way out.
  4. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

They already have a 15% stat and skill loss if they die. What else do you want them to lose?

Seriously.
    Geo likes this.
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

This is an interesting idea! Could tie it to the Justice virtue or something. And give the notice to the blues. But disabling recall/gate and forcing exit through the dungeon entrance is way overboard.
    Pedigar likes this.
  6. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Yes to incorporating the justice virtue! I think we had discussed something similar but the idea was to give red's location globally. I think that would have been a bit much. But if the alert can be broadcast only when a red enters a dungeon and only to those who have sufficient justice virtue within the dungeon (and who are alive to prevent "ghosts of justice"). I think that would be awesome and thus this idea merits a separate thread.
  7. Senzek

Senzek Active Member

8. Kermit

Kermit Well-Known Member

Only if they rez with more than 4 short kills.
    Otherwise u just stay as a ghost and wait.
  9. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Damn I am good at wasting time.. if I'm sarcastically apologizing for trolling I've reached new levels

Forum pvp is paying off
  10. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

you weren't being sarcastic
  11. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

to reiterate, this is still our official stance

I speak for SL and TT and I am telling you and the rest of the forum that there is no 'kill on sight' list and there has been no declaration of war.

As I told you the other night I think it's silly and melodramatic to cancel these champ spawns over factioners playing grabass. The only complaint I have is that (as usual) all the blame was placed on SL when I am telling you that I have both personally experienced and witnessed these situations being instigated by other sides. When I showed up, invited, to a PS spawn, I was attacked by bart(red), a lilililiil(red), and dr sassy(blue). I didn't make a big fuss. These things will happen and you can't completely turn off years of rivalry by calling it neutral ground.

Spawns were happening and the only people that seemed to be affected were factioners with their own drama.

I won't plead with you to continue the spawns, as I don't have the time to make them a priority even if I was truly interested in spawning. But I reject the idea that SL is the cause for any of these spawns to be cancelled.

PS! is a long standing ally guild and friend. Many of us have characters in Paws and we have always as policy considered both guilds to be our sister. Rest assured that we have no problem with MikeK and have not, by his actions or comments, judged Poject Sanctuary thereby.

I also, prior to making this post, spoke with SL members (ie Kane, Drak, and Balla) and asked them to not instigate anything at these spawns but told them it was their right to respond to being attacked.

I logged in today to mikek85 banning an SL member from his channel and calling that person and my TT guild griefers that were unwelcome. He says it's because of past threats made by Drak and Balla and Kane - so I want to reiterate that SL and TT have not gone to war with PS champs and I have personally asked those members to not instigate any situation at these spawns.
    Punt, Lord Krake, Jupiter and 2 others like this.
  12. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Thank you for the detailed message Mes.

P^S leadership has had a number of meetings and conversations about all of this, and as you know, I personally have talked to members of SL and TT and did my best to smooth over any immediate hostility; full well knowing that factions and years of bitterness will still come into play anytime we, the community, are out and about in Fel.

Thank you for the clarification of no Kill on Sight for PS members, and for talking to others in your guild about what you intentions are.

This *might* be a mute point now, but I am in conversation with MikeK about the banning situation, and I assure you, we will come to some resolution.

PS will continue to hold public, inclusive, events. We will continue to do what we can to make this shard the best UO shard there is.

Thanks to everyone who engaged in this very long and drawn out conflict, because now we are seeing the fruits of this, somewhat precarious, continued communication.

Long live UOR.

~Krake Vestahl
  13. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Mr. Telamon (@Chris) lock down this thread!

I think Mes and Krakes' final posts are concise, precise, and suffice!

*grin*

i rhymed.
    ReZon and Nymeros like this.