provocation

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by genericplayer, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Boog

Boog New Member

When you click on the link http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/?page=g_info_t5&id=1212 it says "Barding Difficulty: 112 GM(101) Slayer(90)" for the Dragon. So it's still 112 even at GM then what does the 101 mean?

Thanks for finding the link about the Ophidian Avengers, they are one of my favorite mobs. :D
  2. Boog

Boog New Member

3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Oh aye, I followed that dragon link & now I see what you mean. Unfortunately I have no idea what those parenthesesed stats represent :lol: I know what GM is and I know what an instrument of slaying is but I don't know how those figures were reached.

I followed your other link as well and they're shown as Ophidian Knight-Errants on that page, it just doesn't give the full name in the url. Same thing for the earlier version I was using - http://web.archive.org/web/199910120232 ... night.html - and it is still called that today on their current stratics page.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Man, it says silver serpant is like 80+ but I haven't gained anything past 71.5 for 3 hours. Does it matter on initial targeted monster or combined? Dragon > Rabbit or Dragon > Dragon?
  5. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

The numbers shown are the required skill to have a 50% chance of success against that creature. With Provocation it is your skill vs. the average of the two provo targets. So if you're provoking Dragon v. Rabbit, it is 112 + 6/2 = 59 skill for 50% chance. I don't know enough about it to be able to say how high the difficulty needs to be for you to have gains though.
  6. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

The monster list shows Summoned Vortex's at 78

Anybody try summoning a vortex onto a target and just Provoing that around 80s?
    Seems like a good way to work magery and Provo around that level, In Theory.
  7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Provocation is no joke now, good luck to anyone to hit gm. I got stopped at 93.5 for 10 hours. This was on a Knight-Errant, that is 94 shown on the beastiary (ogre lords are also 94).
  8. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Where exactly do ogre lords spawn?
  9. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

The largest spawn that I know of is in Despise. There's 3 that spawn on the island on the bottom level.
  10. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Thanks Gharik.
  11. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

Anytime. Keep in mind this is a very popular farming spot. Especially with our first land rush around the corner. You may need to practice during the wee hours of the morning if you want to avoid grief.
  12. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Thanks again. I am GMT -5, so this should be no problem then :).
    Hopefully this will be a good spot to push provocation further to GM.
  13. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

I went from 86-GM in a night of macroing there. But there weren't as many people here when I did it.