Pub 16 Armors with no Powerscrolls makes dexers underwhelming

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Lunatic_High, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is how I would code it, if I had to design such things. Wouldn't it be fun to have options?
    One likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

... and spirit speak gives a meditation rate bonus!
    One and Alice Asteroid like this.
  3. Alice Asteroid

Alice Asteroid Well-Known Member

love this idea
  4. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Armor is already next to useless here. Especially in PVM. Has anyone ever tried to dex a balron, how about dex a POD or an elder wyrm. It would probably take something near 200 AR to even be close to trying to keep up. Armor needs buffs, not nerfs.

You can't balance PVP and make the rest of the game unbalanced. This is UO, an RPG, not a first person shooter. I know PVP is a large part of why alot of people still play UO, but it's definitely not the only reason. If you lowered the AR rating of armor, it would be even more useless than it is now.

When was the last time someone asked for an invuln plate suit in trade chat? Shouldn't platemail be the best armor in the game? Not that crappy armor that drains dex that noone wants. Parry skill is about next to useless, even with the 20 AR bonus or whatever it gives at GM level with an invuln shield, it's still useless vs high end mobs.

I could get on board with lowering AR against other players or raising weapon damage vs other players only(not in PVM, dexxers hit hard enough, especailly with slayers) but even in pvp, a dexxer in a full set of plate, should be able to withstand quite a few hits. Not be the crappy armor that people throw out fort and invuln gear of, or hoard it for clean up britannia.
    One and Basoosh like this.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, the AR values for plate are no where near good for the dex trade-off, but it's still pretty good for actual tanking. Like you know, when you're out "mining".
    wylwrk likes this.
  6. Lunatic_High

Lunatic_High New Member

An 80,000 g runic weapon is needed to deal decent damage against a 1,500 g barbed leather suit because there are no powerscrolls here. Magic weapons are not that great because you are losing out on the much needed exceptional bonus that limits the absurd amount of 2 or 3 damage hits you normally get.
  7. Lunatic_High

Lunatic_High New Member

Monster damage is different from player damage. It wouldn't make sense to lower AR without lowering monster damage just like it didn't make sense to add publish 16 armor ratings and not add publish 16 weapon damage.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  8. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

I have never been hit by 2 or 3 damage by a dexxer. Are you sure you aren't using warforks? They have the largest variable of low end to high end damage, so you may get a 3 damage or you may get a 40 damage. I have never seen a spear or a short spear, or even a kryss hit for 3 or 4 damage. Maybe I'm just unlucky but it seems like when a dexxer gets on me, 2 or 3 hits and im singing the "Summertime OooOoOOo's"