PURPLE POT DODGEBALL!!!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by snap dragon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Cullinarn likes this.
  2. Cullinarn

Cullinarn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Anytime, snap. Once a cA fanboy, always a cA fanboy. ;) Can't wait to see the write-up on this one.

Thank you for helping me to break into our guild house the other day!
  3. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I will cover all entry fees for all of urk & orc that want to participate in this tonight.
    Vishakt and Aya like this.
  4. snap dragon

7:30pm EST folks! Sorry for the brief delay
    RavenMagi likes this.
  5. Mammon Onryo

Mammon Onryo New Member

......After sitting at an "event" 1 and 20 minutes after it was suppose to start to simply "spectate".....
    (Event was suppose to start at 7pm EST)

.......After generously going outside and killing the red "XI" with my brother Zhong Kui......

......After dodging several attacks made by orcs various times against us (The Onryos) and failing to ban them.....

.......After healing the "gate" caster for the event, so it wouldn't die.....

........I was banned for casting heals upon myself to full health, and emoting *Rolls eyes* when told to stop.....

Poorly ran event. Wasn't even a participant. Would not attend again.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  6. snap dragon

Audience member demanded attention despite staff having technical difficulties to attend to.

Despite the "no casting" rule, audience member casted several spells, but staff let it slide since the match didn't begin with.

Complained about Orc Attacks, when in fact the orc was banned as prompt as possible as it was during a match.

After the match, staff sanitation had to pick up several moonstones that fell from the pockets of Mammon into the stands.

Audience member was at full health and casting heal, he was in no danger at the time.

All around low-quality event attendee.
    D- Would not invite back again.

Hadrian, Vishakt, RavenMagi and 2 others like this.
  7. Mammon Onryo

Mammon Onryo New Member

.....Perhaps you should roll back the tape dear human.
    Attempting to save face when not a care is given.
    Greed has already sufficed upon thee.
    Respect apparently needs earned, not given.
    Thank you for the reminder. Will not assist again.
    Will let brothers and sisters know to let the filthy orcs kill whomever they please, and deal with them after.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Vishakt likes this.
  8. snap dragon

Ok cool

A big thank you to all participants:

@chumbucket @NoFlexZone @Silas Blackeye @Balian @Xegugg @Nerull + some people I am forgetting here.

It was 4v4 in the first match, with Xegug, Balian, No Flex, and Chum moving on to round 2.

In round 2 - with NoFlex and Chum at about 3/4 HP, xegug was the first to die, leaving her teammate Balian with like 1/5 HP!

Somehow Balian managed to pull though, and secure a victory for his team.

In the final match, audience members were allowed to throw pots at the contestants. Xegug put up a good fight, but ultimately fell to the onslaught of pots from audience members and Balian.

Congratulations @Balian on your victory. You are awarded 525k for your effort!

@Xegugg takes second place and will receive 200k as a reward.

I have decided to refund the entry fee to @chumbucket and @NoFlexZone for making it to the second round.

Please contact me on IRC to collect your rewards!

Thanks
  9. Mammon Onryo

Mammon Onryo New Member

[OOC: Understandably; events are hard to follow through and police. Several people were casting unnecessarily several times throughout the event. Apparently; I was being targeted as your patience was worn thin. I don't expect you to be paying attention to the audience, yet, I had a reason to be healing. I casted it a few times, healing your gater, Zhong (Whom was afk), and myself. I RP an evil character. So if a simple *Rolls eyes* is all it takes to be kicked out of an event when several others were spamming, as well as participants (Whom you were paying attention to) were using 'swear' words and not being reprimanded... Well to each their own. Just wanted to clear the air on what happened from my side. - Mammon ]
  10. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Overall the event was great. However the arena was not setup the way I imagined it would be which would be a dodgeball arena; a large rectangle with tables or cloth separating the sides. The idea for obstacles was great but the confined space of a central keep roof is too small. I took several blasts from my own teammates when they failed to launch their pots. I would of preferred more space with the ability to maneuver away from pots (and silly teammates with macros that fail).
  11. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I had a lot of fun! I accidently had locked my husband out of the house while he was grilling on the patio a storm came in, while playing dodgeball fun all around lol
    Balian, Vishakt, Zylphie and 2 others like this.
  12. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

A++ WOULD ATTEND AGAIN but please more spamming and swearing next time.
    PaddyOBrien, Zylphie and Xegugg like this.
  13. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Video up! wish I could have taken part but had too much going on IRL, maybe next time!

Vishakt, snap dragon and Xegugg like this.
  14. snap dragon

Thanks Keza!

Here's the start times for the matches
    Round 1: 00:35
    Round 2: 09:45 (Balians amazing comeback)
    Round 3: 26:05
  15. NoFlexZone

NoFlexZone New Member

Was lot's of fun!! Looking forward to more player ran events such as this one in the future:)