Pvp questions

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by ArkNemesis, Dec 18, 2015.

1. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

Hi, I arrived here two weeks ago with two friends, we completed our first characters and did some test for PvP.

In every test we did the fighter died after 3 spells (cor por or mind blast or everything) without time to cure himself (10 sec delay for bandageself).
    Fighter did more or less 30 dmg to mage but lesser heal spell heals faster, and that's normal but i really can't understand how a melee character can survive in a pvp battle of this type.
    Even with magic reflection or any other protective spells the fighter can't hope to be competitive in a battle 1 vs 1 with a mage
    *don't need to remember that casting with weapon in hand is impossible, so..*

I don't want to create controversy but i need to know how the melee character needs to be played, because if the game system want to emulate the Pre-AoS gameplay the melee char should inflict little more damage and should be slightly more resistant, instead it seems to play on any runUo shard BUT with the difference that the fighter are disadvantage as they have no resistances and bonuses on their weapons.

Let me understand pls :) Thank you

ps. sorry for any errors, but i'm not native english speaker :V
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Haplo

Haplo New Member

One thing to think about is resisting spells. If the fighter has low resist he will have little protection to magic. If your mage has high wrestling or eval int + anatomy the fighter will have a harder time landing hits. Combine both of those together and mage will have a big advantage. The truth though is that this shard seems to have a good work/knowledge to payoff ratio(the way it should be). Mages generally require more time to master and play well, whereas fighters just need to run in and hit bandages/pots/etc. to be effective.

In summary make sure fighter has gm resist, a poisoned wep will also help because the mage will have to worry about cures not just heals. Consider using lumberjacking for fighter for concussion blows, and if possible abuse line of sight between weapon swings. My experience is a fighter will have a slight up hill battle vs a mage but it is doable.
  3. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's easy to survive as a dexxer with magery for g heals, it's finishing people off that proves difficult. Between bandages, heal pots and casting g heal you can easily heal through mage dumps.
  4. napo

napo Well-Known Member

For pvp dexers, you absolutely need to pick up magery to heal yourself with.
  5. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

i make my pvp mage in 3 days, now i have to finish only ress spell but magery anatomy wrestling medit are so so so fast, more than tactics-healing ;)
    My sword fighter has lumber and 70 ress spell, but any mage with a dirty leather 30AR and gm wrestling can escape too easily to the blows that I inflict every 3 seconds while a mage in 3 seconds cast 2 spells totalling 60 damages if i'm unlucky and in 0,5 sec stop my healing process. So i'm poisoned, with 30 hp and have to run and mage is full hp with 70-80 mana to destroy me.

I'm talking as magician player, but the fighter situation is ridicolous, sorry.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  6. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

worst choice ever, i can't cast with weapons in hand, a mage stuns with free hands just coming close to me, and in that moment i maybe don't have my weapon? seriously? are u kidding me? lol
  7. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

Potion heals 12 dmg :/ a mind blast inflict 37+- dmg. and with this in mind, how much mana should have a fighter? Why i have to sacrifice 30-40 points of dex to improve int if i'm a stupid fighter? I need dex to hit enemies faster, and if i remove 30 points dex i will hit a mage in the same time he cast on my face 140 dmg lol. Cmon be serious
  8. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

sigh
    Kane likes this.
  9. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

There are many successful dexxers here, but it's necessary to balance your stats and heal with magery. I ran 50 int on my lj.
  10. napo

napo Well-Known Member

can't help those unwilling to listen i guess
    good luck bro
  11. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

sorry, what's the exactly meaning of dexxers?

i'm avaliable for other test with this kind of fighters but i really can't understand why is not possible to build a pure warrior without magery and without illogic stats.
  12. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

well a "fighter" without magery isn't going to do any good in pvp unfortunately. You NEED magery here to be able to cast heals on yourself. The most common dexxer (fighter) templates are as follows: Lumberjack - Resist/Magery/Tactics/Anatomy/Lumberjacking/Swordsmanship/Healing and the Nox Fencer - Resist/Magery/Tactics/Anatomy/Fencing/Poisoning/Healing. Those are pretty much your choices for pure warriors that are able to pvp without dieing almost instantly to a mage.
  13. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

Can i cast while i'm healing myself?
  14. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Bandages? yes
  15. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

Ark one thing to remember is that these guys are giving you crucial info for your requested character type to be effective. They're not being rude at all. I love dexxers as much as you but they have to be ran in a specific way to be efficient in pvp! I've tried using templates different from the hybrid/noxfencer/lj-mage and you truly get stomped. Also you can most likely find someone in #renaissance chat on irc that will go to the test server with you and do some duels. This way you don't have to spend the time/resources to try out different builds and see if any of them are worth your time. They seem "lame" because they aren't pure but man, they're powerhouses once you get comfortable with them!
  16. ArkNemesis

ArkNemesis New Member

Ok i'll put magery on my lj fighter then i'll do another test session, is 50 magery and 50 medit enough?
  17. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

i'm not an expert on LumberHybrids tbh. I'll leave that for some other expert. I'm pretty sure your heals are based on your magery skill level? So if you have lower magery your greater heal won't be as effective. If that TRULY is the case, then i'd say no, 50 magery isn't enough

Lumberjack doesn't have enough skill points for med tbh. Would be most beneficial to skip med and just gm magery and hope your fights don't go long enough to NEED to med
  18. Million

Million Active Member

Magery is always a plus to have on a pvp dexxer. Mini heals and pots with the occasional gheal (when needed). On the offensive side. U need to be able to throw purple pots without missing. Its a constant disruption to a mage.

Lets face it tho. If u find a mage that can 5x then ur dexxer is dead unless u can run good
  19. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

id either go 70 Magery/30 Med or GM Magery
    ArkNemesis likes this.