PvP State

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Unknown_Hero, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

Currently when you PK someone they will cry and complain especially if you're like me and kill their pets as well. This shard seems to have pvpers who are too nice and will res after they kill you without taking loot. WE NEED MORE GREIFERS. There is no need for non-consequence pvming, common reds kill them and dry loot that corpse! Make them run out the dungeon or help stuck.
    Cheapsuit and MrCandyMan like this.
  2. Probably Dead

Probably Dead Member

i TBH plan on running ONLY reds here starting in a few days when i play.. ( solo though dont want people to rage quit.)
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

4. Unknown_Hero

SWEET, we need smaller groups or solo players.
  5. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

I get the point, but this is not the message we need to be sending. There is a time and a place for everything, and sometimes rezing someone after you dirt nap them....just seems like the right thing to do. To each is his own bro!
    Rall Mekin, eherruh and One like this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    King of Fun, Arawn, Rextacy and 3 others like this.
  7. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OGJzQ1H3p00
    This is what happens when you murder dry loot and leave. Trust me right now uor is in a good place people are farming again and the pks can go around and kill people without fear that all the dungeons are empty.

Do whatever you want though bro
    Nusir, Hollywood, Rextacy and 3 others like this.
  8. shopshopshop

shopshopshop Active Member

I mean, do you expect people to smile and be happy when you do something that is against the other person's interests? Getting PK'd and having your pets killed isn't the fun part of the game for lots of people. Sure, PKing is a valid playstyle and no one is telling you not to do it, but you can't go out PKing people and assume people are happy when you kill them. Accept that your fun means other people are unhappy, or res people and don't kill their pets if that's your thing.
    newme likes this.
  9. One

One Well-Known Member

10. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

When have you ever pkd?
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Interesting.
  13. One

One Well-Known Member

Reemer, Arawn and El Horno like this.
  14. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I've played UO since a couple months after the original beta. For many years pking wasn't grieving. Traditionally, pkers would not dry loot. Would take what they wanted yes, regents, decent weapons armor etc. 8 out of 10 would gate the victim to a healers. Some would res. Only time pets were killed was if the pet attacked the pker. There was also no such thing as "bonded pets", when dead, stayed dead. Keep also in mind, this was the days when you didn't often see Tamers with 5 dragons, mostly dexters, and tank mages. also a angry monster would follow someone through a gate. some pkers used this method. But mostly pkers didn't want to get players mad enough to quit, idea was keep them, hmmm, semi happy so they could kill them another day. Some pkers would only kill a character once, as with the players alts. For many pkers, it was a pride thing, player verses player, best fighter wins. For these, becomeing a Dread Lord was a big deal. Only way to gain it, was through killing. Most would not kill a newer player, idea was, wait until they are strong, rich enough to have things worth the effort. AFK killing, was frowned upon by seasoned pkers.

Those were very rough days. If someone killed you when you had your house key on you, they basically owned the house. For part of this time, there was no such thing as "lock downs' Also houses were easily broken into to.

I do not believe in dry looting, reason is, one time, victim complains. Second time victim becomes discouraged. More times, victim says why bother. and quits game. I have seen this happen many times, after dry looting pet killing, afk killing became popular.

"This shard seems to have pvpers who are too nice and will res after they kill you without taking loot. WE NEED MORE GREIFERS"

The Pkers you called "too nice" are people following a long line of UO tradition. So, please, don't mock them.

And no, more greifers are not needed in any community. Having more griefers than non geifers is a good way to kill a server. People will get fed up with it and leave. Need Balance with everything.

My two cents worth.
    Nusir, eherruh, Oni Neaufire and 5 others like this.
  15. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Rez and gate me out and even dry loot and ill return to dungeons plenty.

Rez kill me, kill my pets, and grief, then i will find another niche in game that i enjoy and it'll keep me out of dungeons.

I can take the grief pks every once in a while that will go out of their way to negatively affect my game play, but not on a consistent basis. I never for the life of me understood why certain people enjoyed doing that to other players. Why would you want to drive away that kind of action that would minimize the amount of victims you would continuously find in dungeons?

So to all the pks who understand the balance and went out of their way to stick around and make sure your victims made it out of the dungeon, I thank you. But it really only took a few times of this in a short period a couple months ago that made me contemplate moving on or at least taking a break from UO. Instead I was able to find other ways to enjoy the game but unfortunately I am in dungeons but a fraction of what I use to be.
    Aragorn - OCT, Arawn, Nusir and 7 others like this.
  16. Quint

Quint New Member

If you grief people, they'll leave the server. Then you'll have nobody to pk. Don't be a dick.
  17. Unknown_Hero

Don't want people who get butthurt over dying pets or being grefied. It's the risk you take in a dungeon. If you killed my red would you res me? Probably not. If you want me to res you want gate you out then give me an incentive for it, I don't do shit for free.
    MrCandyMan and newme like this.
  18. Unknown_Hero

Played another shard where you either got good or you suffered. Lasted 10+ years with 3000 people.
    MrCandyMan likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

newme likes this.
  20. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    wylwrk and Nusir like this.