PVP templates

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Mikanele, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Damnit, I thought it was all two-handed Macing weapons were capable of Crushing Blow like two handed fencing weapons do Paralyzing Blow (which needs to be put back to 4s).

Bammer, I guess I'll ditch this q-staff then.
  2. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Ok we'll i played hybrid and they did -50% int along with the crushing blows. but to be honest it should be switched to concussion if weapon damage if gonna be capped at 50 unless it doesn't account for the extra damage from crushing blow. Either way macing with war hammers is the best inscribe dexxer temp hands down not axes.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

You just answered your own problem in the first 5 words ;/
  4. Mandevu

Even without crushing blow qstaff is a great weapon. It's quick, hits decent, kills stam/armor. If you play a med/macer with a qstaff you can be very tough. You have the ability to cure/heal with spells as well as other helpful spells, and heal with bandaids. Not to mention having higher dex will give you quicker aid timers so your defense is raw, and if you add cure/heal/refresh pots to the mix then you're really good to go. Cast archprotect with a suit of barbed leather armor on and you're looking at 50+ armor ;/ Qstaff is good against any template and when you start throwing GExplo pots at someone you become a well rounded machine.
  5. Mandevu

You could also do that same template (mage/med/mace/tact/anat/resist/heal), but switch from macing to swords and drop your mage/med to 75 each while picking up poison to 50. Even at 75 mage/med that is plenty to cast gheals/cure, debuffs, reflect, etc. With 50 poisoning you can apply regular poison to your weapons which gives about 12 doses of poison per application. Use an axe against a mage until you get a concussion blow, and switch to a poisoned katana/broad sword. You'll be able to apply aids, drink pots, and throw explo pots without having to disarm your weapon. Of course you can cast if need be. Drink a gdex for 110 dex and you'll seemingly have an unlimited supply of poison hits as well as tossing explosion pots. Very nasty template if played properly.
  6. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

What Insta ____ work in UOR?

I was looking at rolling a tank mage but going anat eval instead of wrestling

Do we have insta swing? ,and insta hit? and pre cast? I read a little about each one but after messing around cant really tell the difference just by watching.
  7. Mandevu

No, this is UOR there is no insta hit. Once you arm your weapon you have to wait the full swing timer. And yes, it would be smart to drop wrestle for anat on a tank considering anat + eval = defensive wrestling. You can precast because in UOR poison cannot be healed through, therefore you can hold any spell you want. It's not as it was in the t2a era where you can precast a gheal and heal through anything. If you are poisoned, you must cure before healing.
  8. Abyz

Abyz New Member

I'm going to run a fenced mage to start, but I will probably be making at least an alchy mage and a archer mage as well. It all depends on mechanics.
  9. Mandevu

Don't bother making an alchy mage. Alchy won't give damage bonus to pots. Reason being is because the alchy bonus to pots was added in UOR when powerscrolls came out as well as a 255 stat cap instead of 225. It was meant to compensate for the boost in skills/stats. Since we don't have powerscrolls and a stat cap of 225, adding a bonus to explosion pots would be overpowered.
  10. Abyz

Abyz New Member

Good to know!
  11. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

On OSi how much bonus to damage did gm alch give and how much bonus does lj give I'd imagine 5-10"points yet alchemy is considered op unless you have 255 stats. I know alch gives range option but you do have to spend 100 points on it just like lj.
  12. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

gotta love the hybrid comments but you either played there before to know what it was like which would make you a hypocrite or you never played there in which you have no room to talk correct? Hybrid was an awesome server at one point and then it went down hill but judging people based on a server they played is about as stupid as you can get. Already seeing people making fun of people who played UOSA & half the population is from there.
  13. Mandevu

Obviously I had to play for a short while in order to come to the conclusion that it was total garbage. Which is why I quit after a short period, and no that doesn't make me a hypocrite. It actually makes you a moron for not understanding such a simple concept. And yes, at one point it was a good server until they made absolutely abysmal mechanic changes. How you confused proper mechanics with the bs Ryan and crew implemented is beyond me. The only excuse I can give you is that you never experienced proper uor mechanics prior to hybrid. So, I'll leave that issue open. Also, my post was never an intended flame you just took it as such because you obviously have issues with controlling your outbursts. You should take the nail polish and eye liner off because you're starting to sound like a real flamer. Telling me I'm stupid because I exposed your misinformation about proper mechanics is beyond my comprehension because it doesn't make sense. You were sharing false mechanic information, I corrected you and explained that playing hybrid is the reason you misunderstood, and somehow I'm a dumbass. Lol
  14. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Everything you just said made you look so ignorant. If you don't like hybrid find no one gives a shit, but keep you're comments to your self about people who played there. Just cause you thought it sucked or couldn't hack it there doesn't mean every time someone says they played hybrid at one time you have to make a smart ass comment on the threads to get attention like diva. It's a server get over it.
  15. Mandevu

Dude what are you even talking about? I literally just explained to you that I quit because their mechanics were so screwed up. Obviously if you thought a war hammer did a concussion blow something is wrong because that isn't how UOR worked at all as far as pvp mechanics. Do you ever stop and listen to yourself? This whole argument is because you incorrectly explained the mechanics on this server based off a reference to hybrid. I mean, come on man. I give up with you, you have real issues brochacho. And yes, I played with a lot of top players from hybrid so not playing there had nothing to do with 'not being able to hack it.' Lol you're something else..
  16. Mandevu

Your sig and your comments get me every time ;/
  17. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

^^
  18. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Only Viable template atm is Stun mage... bc they have or are nerfing everything else... they need to get off their nerf parade and stop catering to one type of pvp (*cough stun mages*) if we all wanna run around on one type of pvp template lets just go back to UOsa
  19. Abyz

Abyz New Member

They are working on balance right now. As it sits right now, yes, stun mages are king. Once wep/AR issues are dealt with things will take a big step in the right direction.
  20. Mandevu

I believe this is the 3rd or 4th time i've mentioned this, but I'll mention it again. You guys need to learn to have patience. The server hasn't even been live for 2 months and it is as if you expect it to be in full swing and function. There are a lot of changes and fixes that are in the works, but for the love of God stop making posts sounding as if the 'sky is falling' because you're not getting what you want. I've addressed the alchemy issue in multiple posts now and i'm not going to cover it again. Scribe/stun as well as nox/stun mages are both plenty useful if you know how to play. Judging from what I've seen (this is not a flame) most of you don't understand pvp mechanics or how to utilize them very well. So it's hard to take your criticisms too seriously. The only thing you are missing from a scribe is the lack of the spell damage bonus which was highly minimal in the first place. Protection is a scribes best friend. Learn to use it. It practically renders you 100% undisruptable and if used properly can be lethal. I have no idea what you could be referring to as far as a nox mage, but there is nothing wrong in that department. The most crucial aspect that needs attention at this point is the fix to the armor damage absorbtion. It is crippling all weapon classes as far as pvp templates go, but again I assure you it is in the works as we speak. SO BE PATIENT.