PvP Video Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Mandevu, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

NOTE: If you wish to view these videos in fullscreen HD do the following:
    1. Go to: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwA_B-gVyAAdVEMSO4tFPRQ
    2. Choose the video you wish to watch
    3. Enlarge to fullscreen
    4. Adjust the quality settings at the bottom right of the screen from the default 320 to 720 HD

Roman v Isabel 1

Roman v Isabel 2

Midguard vs Mutombo 1

Midguard vs Mutombo 2

Roman vs Akasha 1

Roman vs Akasha 2

Roman vs Akasha 3

Neira pk Liberation
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    Ezekiel likes this.
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]

Nice fights, good learning for me. I can't even imagine how many purples you guys must all go through on a daily basis.
  3. Mandevu

We don't. We hardly have those fights against each other and the only time we'll be required to use that many is fighting against each other because no one else can survive for that long. Aside from those fights I've hardly had to use any purples.
  4. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Here ya go bro:

5. Mandevu

Neira pk run 1

Neira pk run 2
  6. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

That first guy almost pked you instead. He did a good job surviving for a guy pve'ing. Fight vs lib was fun to watch. I like how he stole your garlic.
  7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

For video #1...
    I assume the Clumsy was to set up a Mind Blast later? Why didn't you follow through with one, instead of using the ebolts?
    Why not set up a hotkey for Flamestrike scrolls?
    Do you gain anything from the extra DEX above 25 (Slightly higher wrestling/stun speed?) or is it just for stat balancing?
    After you Paralyze, Explosion/purple/Ebolt, you lightning wand once and then switch to purples again. Why not stick with the wand? I think one more lightning (or the purple hitting its mark) would have done it.

And yeah... 11 HPs, wow.

For video #2...
    Was it Flamestrike, Ebolt, purple, Ebolt? I couldn't tell if there was a third ebolt in there somehow.
    Why not Mind Blast? Isn't it a smidge faster, and likely to hit for more against a tamer?

Would be nice if there was a sysmessage for a successful stun punch (like the one you get when you fail).
  8. Mandevu

The clumsy was just a random debuff disrupt in case he tried to recall, which he didn't. I don't use MB unless I need to because most people aren't going to survive regardless of what I choose to cast.

I don't need a hotkey for FS scrolls because the only time I use FS is when leading off for an opening PK attempt. Aside from that I rarely use the spell.

The reason for higher dex is for balancing stats for MB defense reasons.

The reason I didn't follow up with a second lightning wand use is because there is a delay in which you can use the wand and I thought that at 4% a simple harm would kill him before he could mini heal, but for whatever reason it said he was out of range at which point he started running and I started another pot.

I didn't bother healing because I knew he was almost dead and was too concerned with surviving rather than retaliating.

I led with FS as I usually do when solo PK'ing. I tried to get in for the stun but was blocked by pets so I casted ebolt, started explo pot, targeted ebolt, started second ebolt, threw pot, targeted second ebolt. In other words, ebolt/pot/ebolt. The reason is because eb/pot/eb when timed correctly won't allow the target to cast a gheal and it does a significant amount of damage.

Again, the only time I use MB is when fighting a top tier pvper and the only person I've had to resort to that is against Isabel. Even at that, I find the spell useless unless im fighting in a no pot duel because all the defender has to do is chug a gdex pot and it negates the damage of a MB.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Also, there is a system message "You successfully stun your opponent"
  10. Mandevu

11. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Very cool, thanks for the insight, learned a couple things from the video - meditating amidst a cast was interesting, for example... free way to net an extra mana or two.

Figured the wand delay was the issue, but even then, I figured you could get damage in more quickly with a second wand use versus the potion.

For the stun, I didn't see the message on the video. Did you stun him? Certainly looked like it; maybe I just missed the message.
  12. Mandevu

I probably should have, but didn't think about it. I think I made that first run after waking up so oh well. And yes, I meditate often to get as much mana regen as possible. And yes, I did land the stun.
  13. Mandevu

Like I said though, I tried to harm him after the first wand use which would have killed him at 4% but for whatever reason he was out of range. Then he started running so I started a pot. Probably could have rearmed wand and zapped him, but oh well.
  14. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

What software are you guys using to create these? Fraps, Camtasia, some kind of RPV converter, other?
  15. HateCrime

For UO we use Bandicam.
  16. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

but clyde uses internet explorer so anything he may reccomend is clearly poison
  17. Mandevu

Neira pk run 3
  18. HateCrime

Im seriously debating hiding over healing on my stun pk as well.. Can't make up my effing mind! :mrgreen:
  19. Mandevu

Internet explorer and hiding are for champions and real men.
  20. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

Guys...it's not hiding or healing. Tracking. Thank me later gals! xoxo