PvP Video Thread

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Mandevu, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I just figured this out myself a couple days ago.

Click video tab>settings>secondary sound device>choose your mic
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The "accidentally all-kill" on one's self started happening to me a lot over the last couple of months. I don't think it was a patch change, but maybe an issue with the spiky ping I sometimes have. I'll say "all kill", click on the target, start casting something and queue a Target Self, and somehow the Target Self is happening before the click on my kill target. (Or maybe more likely, the click on my kill target is not happening, because I misclick or something?).
  3. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

That is happening to me a lot with provo for me. I try to provo something and click them and it says qeued target self and I have to wait for the cool down. Almost been killed multiple times from this happening. I don't think it has to do with ping, my average ping is 54 ms, I think the highest I've ever seen mine was 200ish.
  4. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I highly recommend not using target que if your not into 5x and 7x mage duels. Seems to create nothing but issues for most people.
  5. Dalavar

You can assign a hotkey for "Clear Target Queue". I have a key for this and have just started using it more liberally to help ensure I don't kill myself.
  6. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Thanks, I have a clear target queue but it seems ridiculous i have to push it before anything I want to target. Just seems a bit much but maybe Hate is right, better off not using queue if not dueling. I use target nearest enemy and attack last target, so I wonder if that has something to do with it as well. I can't tell you how many times I've hit that combo then went to heal myself and it heals the enemy. I have never used it in the past but it is a nice tool not having to click everything.
  7. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

The target que gets me killed a lot too. I use target closest grey for farming and sometimes if I get a small lag spike when im using the heal self macro boom, pets are on you.
  8. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

If you don't have a clear que hotkey you're asking for trouble by queuing. I use mouse wheel up to que last target and mouse wheel down to clear que. it's extremely useful and I'm constantly scrolling my mouse wheel down to make sure I'm not qued on myself or another target without wanting to.
  9. Mandevu

10. Mandevu

11. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Nice vids, always enjoy watching them
  12. Mandevu

Thanks. Currently in the process of uploading a solo compilation I put together.
  13. Mandevu

14. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Nice one, why do you typically open with FS? Good dmg if they don't have reflect up and completely removes reflect if it is?
  15. Mandevu

Well, because it's the highest circle damaging spell that isn't a field effect. My hope is that either a) if they have reflect up they've taken a couple small circle spells which allows my FS to go straight through, or b) they don't have reflect up at all and i can get some nice damage. The downside is if they have reflect fully in tact it's going to hit me and aside from taking damn near half my HP, i'm also down a whopping 40 mana. I've recently done away with opening up with FS (unless in a group), and instead i'm using MB. MB takes 5 circles off reflect, and has the potental of doing 40 damage at the cost of 15 mana. I always Gdex up before using it so that IF it does reflect back on me the damage will be very minimal because of my stat balance with the dex pot and i'm still in a very good position mana wise.
  16. Azaazel

Azaazel Member

Good idea, thanks for the explanation.
  17. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

come on clyde you left out some important parts!!
    [Mobolin] likes this.
  18. Dalavar

"Oh shit, there's three of them".
  19. Mandevu

I just put the kill shots in there. There's a lot of fighting I cut out where no one died, and obviously I left out the part where hate died ;)

Dalavar, that was reefer or cynic who made that comment because we weren't expecting them to come in like that..and being on stat reds we have to be careful.
  20. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Wasn't me and reefer wasn't with us.