Question about pks in town

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by shad, May 1, 2017.

1. OptimisticSam

OptimisticSam Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I would argue that the lack of WBB is driven by two things:

1. Occlo new player has moved the center of gravity to a different town

2. IRC + these forums facilitating market liquidity better than standing and spamming at WBB.

If what you imply was true - that folks are not AFK'ing in public due to fear of town killing - the number of folks AFK'ing in public at Occlo would seem to refute that.
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  2. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Agree on #1. But on #2, it's usually just [young] players congregated there, who are immune to the shenanigans. (at least in my prior experience. Cue someone taking a screenshot with a ton of non-youngs there)

Most of the vets are idling in their houses. Hell, even if you aren't AFK, I still wouldn't recommend doing your banking in Occlo. I've always got at least one thief humping my leg anytime I set foot there.
    Pekka and Seba like this.
  3. shad

shad Well-Known Member

Which is better.... a town full of afk players OR a ghost town?
  4. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Onee thief got themself a nice painting from my backpack a couple of days back at the Ocllo bank. :)
    I hope he/she have a house with a free wall to put it at. ;)

When the Young period is over, it is really time to get another bank elsewhere. Ocllo bank is completely nuts and I can't figure out why so many just hang there or banksit at all? Banksitters have done that for 20 years now, hanging at the banks but I still do not understand why?
  5. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I leave normally at least one of my toons at Occlo Bank (of course there is nothing worth to steal in the backpack). It's where the action is and I always liked that sound of horses running, people training some bard or crafter skill etc.. From time to time I lean back and just watch all those (more or less) busy people doing their business. And I enjoy "listening" to people talking to each other (although it's kind of sad that this happens most of the time only between young players who have not discovered IRC yet).
    Pekka likes this.
  6. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

I just kinda miss chatting with people at banks. Seeing them empty all the time sucks.
  7. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Wel maybe it is an oportunity to give them a hint about IRC when you see it then?? ;)

Well you do have a point there. My latest char sits in the Bard guild rigt now, since yesterday, hitting a tamborine. She could really have done that at the bank really.
    Ooops. GM Music already?
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

a ghost town... in my scenario the players are out playing ;)
    Random and shad like this.
  9. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

Also, I'm surprised no one made this explicit: how? Because @snap dragon.
    Orion GM BD, Random and One like this.