Question regarding server rules / unattended killing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kylaeris, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Kylaeris

Kylaeris New Member

I have a question regarding a debate in IRC today. (Note: I was not the person doing this. I participated in a debate about it. You can stop PMing me now.)

Scenario # 1: I have an account in a dungeon running an "all follow me, all kill" macro, while I'm doing something else on my other account. I come back to my account in the dungeon every 2-3 minutes to collect the loot from the bodies. Is that considered unattended killing of creatures, and forbidden by the Code of Conduct?

Scenario # 2: I'm 3 boxing tamers, two of which are following the third, and using an "all follow me, all kill macro". The third account is with the other two and is actively being played. Is that considered unattended killing of creatures, and forbidden by the Code of Conduct?

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, and that scenario #1 is clearly forbidden while scenario #2 is allowed. If I'm wrong, please let me know.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

No way to prove you were afk killing unattended mobs, other than the fact I stood near you asking you a question for 1-2min without a response other than ALL KILL ALL FOLLOW macro spamming.

Why try to bring up another scenario to justify the fact you were caught red handed afk macro killing mobs with "all kill" all follow me so the mob will land within 2 tiles of your character. Someone please link the other post describing something similar, I can't find it.
  3. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

That is all okay. You are fine to continue as long as you are not getting afk gumps, which I do not think you are.

Some people here participate in champs, while double or triple boxing to collect loot. (Use a main character to lead while running a macro on the rest.) This will not get you banned.

Fishing afk, gathering afk, selling items afk will however, cause a Gump.

Refer to this page for better guidance and welcome to the shard !

http://uorforum.com/threads/anti-afk-gather-sell-system.486/
  4. Kylaeris

Kylaeris New Member

Nevermind, I got an official answer from Telamon.

[16:03] <Darkspire> Question for you regarding a debate in IRC today. Here's a scenario: I have two accounts in a dungeon running an "all follow me, all kill" macro, while I'm doing something else on my 3rd account. I come back to my two accounts in the dungeon every 2-3 minutes to collect the loot from the bodies. Is that considered unattended killing of creatures, and forbidden by the CoC?
    [16:04] <Darkspire> Follow up question: I'm running two tamers with the same macro above, but I have a 3rd account actively participating in the killing. Is that considered unattended killing of creatures?
    [16:37] <Telamon> Hello
    [16:38] <Telamon> And yes, this would be a problem
    [16:38] <Telamon> as this is starting to be abused more and more, we are close to placing afk checks on spamming those commands
    [16:39] <Telamon> If I popped in on you and saw the pets killing things, and no one response, that would be afk gathering
    [16:39] <Telamon> regardless of who collects the loot
    [16:39] <Telamon> Otherwise we would allow afk fishing
    [16:39] <Telamon> since anyone can kill the serpent once it spawns
    [16:39] <Darkspire> Scenario 2, to my understanding, is allowed because all 3 accounts are in the same place, at the same time, and one is being actively controlled. Although if that's wrong, please tell me.
    [16:39] <Telamon> its still generating value into the world that otherwise would not be there
    [16:40] <Telamon> as long as you watch all 3 screens, and respond on each, then it is fine
    [16:40] <Telamon> but keep in mind the all guard me, all kill, etc, spam is going to be fixed soon
    [16:40] <Telamon> so running endless unwatched macros spamming that will be fixed soon
    [16:40] <Telamon> The stress of that on the server is staggering
    [16:40] <Telamon> given that some players run it 20 times a second
    Balgami likes this.
  5. Kylaeris

Kylaeris New Member

The reason that I'm bringing up a "different scenario" is that it wasn't me, and I'm trying to recreate a scenario that I wasn't involved in, so I might not have gotten all the details correct. I'm Darkspire in IRC.
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

How would this affect pet training as all guard me and all kill would be frequently used as well? No more unattended pet training?

@Chris
  7. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I would say it's definitely an issue and you can't compare it to a 3box tamer.

You are farming gold/items unattended, you just come back periodically to loot, but you're still unattended for the farming part.

A 3box tamer is attended. They are controlling all 3 tamers at the same time through macros, but they are at keys. If they were to 3box in the manner above then it would be a problem too.
    Valrick likes this.
  8. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

@Duke Cannon we are probably going to have to do it the old fashioned way after those changes are done. There have been people before who have triple boxed in an area and they were spoken with about it becuase the type spam in that zone was affecting other locations within the server as well.

You could possibley throw a LOT of "wait for gump"s in your pet training macros, so you can do it until they show up, but after that they would stop.... therefore possibly causing your pets to go wild
  9. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

It’s not different. It’s exactly the same. The accounts are unattendedly killing things regardless if you are attending account 1.

If I’m spamming a killing macro on my tamer and making potions on a second account, I am attending the computer just not the account. It’s not Away From Keyboard, it’s Away from Account.

So by your logic, every kill accounts 2&3 make are unattenedly killing mobs and your first account is going back after a few seconds or minutes to collect the loot from a mob that was killed by an unmanned account.

All of you. This is sticky territory so if you’re going to post ideas keep in mind you’re taking 2/3rds of the looting/killing potential from a decent sized number of players. As well, this is farther reaching than just killing things.
    Mr. Green likes this.
  10. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I disagree, but that's what this debate is for. I understand what you're saying but I still disagree.

I have 3 monitors. Each monitor has a tamer on it. I'm attended in every sense of the word.
    El Horno likes this.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

If I made 3box plate donning parry dexers, could I do the same but be pardoned out of sorrow inducing sympathy?

Anyway, jokes aside this is a healthy conversation. I say let the pk's install the hotfix patch to the problem.
    gitchu1000 likes this.
  12. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I think i see where you are going with this. If your pets are being attacked by a player or creature sometimes the only way to get them to listen is to spam all follow me or all guard me. @Chris pvp aside for now... if a pk is attacking an actual farming tamer or pulling the pets away from the person legit trying to kill spawn and they are forced to spam follow or guard and you throw a afk Gump at them in the middle of that stress, they will be jailed or die for sure.

The all kill command spam mode is probably the right thing to Gump. If someone is spamming attack they are not retreating. But at times I know its mandatory to spam to get our pets out of deaths wake.
    Leopold likes this.
  13. FreeHugger

Right, so if you were all killing stuff while factioning and BoDing on each monitor yet chose to loot after you killed someone on monitor 2... does it count?

That’s why it’s gotta be all or none I’d say.
  14. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

Is the suggestive response from Telamon in that IRC chat potentially going to result in this popping on my screen if I get jumped by pks and end up hitting all follow me 1 too many times during their attempts to pull pets away? Or do I have that wrong?

afkgump.PNG
    Leopold and The Hammer like this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Significantly REDUCED loot RNG odds based on number of pets in the area for specific spawn nodes.

Also @Chris if text spam is hurting server performance and you haven't yet, you might consider afk gumping repeating text spam in general. Many players spam while macroing at banks.
  16. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I've done this more times than I can count. It's not unusual for me to be fishing on monitor 2 and pvping on monitor 1.

So long as I'm here at the keys I'm able to toggle the afk gump when it pops up. If I were too engrossed into pvp then, sure, I may miss the gump but that's my own fault.

I used to sit at an idoc on one account while pvping or fishing on the other. Same with sigils, I can sit in the base on one account and do things with the other accounts.

That's the beauty of having three accounts. So long as you are AT KEYS then it's attended. I can multi task efficiently with 3 monitors, just because one monitor is doing things with a macro doesn't make me unattended, it just means I'm directing my attention to another monitor more than I am to the other. I am still HERE.

If the tamer, in question, is farming unattended then it's fine so long as he isn't using something to loot for him while he's away. Just killing shit while you're afk isn't against the rules, it's when you gain a profit/resource/commodity away from the keyboard. This is why training dragons on shadow elementals is not against the rules, you aren't gaining anything by sicking your dragons on something while you're afk... it's only when you use something to loot for you while afk.
    Holden likes this.
  17. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I may just end my participation with this thread with one question.

I have a desk with three monitors and a TV mounted on the wall above them.

On all three monitors I am fishing via macro. On the TV I am watching the Mets game. I only focus my attention to the monitors when something pops up for me to loot.

Is this wrong?
  18. FreeHugger

This is why this topic exists.

I’m curious as well.
  19. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

It's always been my understanding that this is something that is not only allowed on this server, but encouraged.
  20. FreeHugger

If you read what Telamon said about fishing and creating loot while unattended... that’s pretty big if it pans out...