Question regarding server rules / unattended killing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Kylaeris, Apr 26, 2018.

1. MikeK

MikeK Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This has been done, but I haven’t seen anyone make much money out of this unless they are very patient.

It’s a pain in the ass to put the regs on vendors or find players and trade bulk amounts. Profit margins are also really low.
  2. DaemonOfSiege

DaemonOfSiege Member

Honestly, boxing tamers, or anything, to increase hunting potential, is rather BS with razor. I'm sure there are some very good sets of macros that can help avoid spamming all kill while there's nothing to kill, but when I've tried something similar of an AOS runuo, trying to 3 box champ spawns, things always went wrong.
    As a player who prefers a tamer for farming, because I don't have to worry about my weapon wearing out, or having good enough armor, the game-play would really suffer if at times I had to deal with an afk gump just because I'm controlling my pets.
    Chris stated that players quickly spamming these commands is burdening the system, and for that, I do support finding a fix. But please don't add that afk gump. It won't stop people from macroing the pets commands, because it's not hard to fit 3 640X480 game windows on a monitor to actually see when the gump comes up, or multiple monitors.
    On another note:
    The afk gump is for catching players who are collecting resources with razor, and doing it afk. You're allowed to use macros to automate stuff, you just need to be there to prove your not doing this AFK, and as far as I know, razor will open corpses within 2 tiles, but cant auto loot the boxes inside.
    Going afk, then looting once per minute, is not much different then sitting next to a sheep not ready to be shorn and checking once every minute til its ready. Or going afk and having auto defend kill an attacking creature and then looting the corpse when you get back. The player is not afk when they are actually collecting the loot.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Holden likes this.
  3. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

4. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

More than once I've escaped a PK group and made it through my gate with my pets with not even a second to spare (the sync dump hit me in town). My gate escape macro spams commands while my gate is casting in order to keep my pets close until the gate is available. I wonder how an AFK gump would affect this. I hope that if AFK gumps were added then the threshold would be extremely high, way beyond what anyone would ever use in normal game play, including the triple-box tamers who use a good macro. My understanding is that the problem isn't the fact that the players are triple-boxing, but that the commands they are spamming are too frequent thus stressing the server.
  5. DaemonOfSiege

DaemonOfSiege Member

@scuba seriously, that's not even close to worked up...
  6. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@DaemonOfSiege take deep breaths. Getting this riled up is not worth it.
  7. DaemonOfSiege

DaemonOfSiege Member

@scuba Do I know you? Do you know me?