Question

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by snaggle, Jun 24, 2014.

1. snaggle

snaggle Member

I have tried to do some research and can't find it on here. I even went uo and found a little bit of info but maybe someone can explain it better tom

How is Barding difficulty calculated. It says pirate sailors have a B.D.(barding difficulty) of 104. My bard has 98 music and 56.6 provoke but I fail the music check every time as far as I can tell from watching it. I haven't gotten any gains on them at all. Is my provoke to low I even just tried pirates with the names and not sailor after them and I fail them every time also it says I basaiclly failed the music.

So my main question is how is B.D. calculated?
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Music skill is the chance to have a chance of barding.

So, 98 music means you will succeed the music chance 98% of the time. In those 98% of times, you will move to the actual barding check. That is the difficulty of the monster compared to your skill in peace or provo or discord. If the BD is equal to your provo skill, you will have 50% chance of success. Around 13 points in either directions is where you move from 0% to 100%. Of course, even at "0%", a GM still has a base 5% chance to succeed (and an additional 5% if GM disco).
  3. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For a BD of 104, you need to have a skill of around 92 or more to even have a chance of barding them (and have a chance at skill gain).
  4. snaggle

snaggle Member

Ok so my provoke needs to be within 13 points or so to even have a slim chance. Got it so the BD is based for provoke in my case.

Thanks guys