Rares for sale...

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by CapDipshit, May 31, 2013.

1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

2. abox

abox Active Member

Just in case the mysterious private bidder does not come through. I would like to post a public bid for the whole lot. Keep in mind its what I am considering actually paying if I were to win the bid. However, I reserve the right at any time to pull the bid if I feel like it.

Here goes...

I bid 10 million gold and 1000 platinum so capdipshit can make a statue of himself if he were to decide to. If capdipshit does not want to spend the platinum on a statue then I will not go through with the deal. I will first give him 1000 plat and he will give me a server birth rare as collateral. Once I see the Capdipshit statues then we will complete the rest of the trade.

This offer is good for 48 hours if anyone wants to go over the top on me. Keep in mind at any time if it starts to rain outside I will cancel my bid. Also I plan to eat at Outback Steakhouse today and if they over cook my steak I will cancel my bid.

*crosses fingers and hopes the stars align*

Abox
  3. CapDipshit

CapDipshit New Member

Well that's sure is tempting... Unfortunaly its raining wherein my current location IRL... However I do work for a living. And my shop is currently undergoing some changes and I have a dumbass amount of overtime I must commit to as I'd like to keep my job... I haven't had time to follow up with anybody on this yet. I'm using my phone to update this as I take a shit in the bathroom at work :mrgreen:
    Anyway you off by far surpasses the other offer I have and it would be great for the server to have a
    Lord Captain Dipshit statue floating around... So in conclusion I want to and will get to clearing up this mess of an auction or bidding battle ASAP... If I don't make it in time for you to get burnt steak or rain... Sorry abox ad I do appreciate your generous offers...
  4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

This is the most bizarre auction Ive ever seen
  5. abox

abox Active Member

Unfortunately my steak was overcooked and I have to withdraw my offer.

Abox
  6. CapDipshit

CapDipshit New Member

For some reason there is something extreamly invalidating about abox's comments... Of course mine as well I suppose... Sorry about the mishaps everybody. I sucks at this kinda shit... Just like I suck at life... I guess I should go all Hate Crime on you guys, I won't have a chance to play fr more than a half hour a night If I get around to it... Well abox take a poll I guess see how many people think I should pull a H.C. N let my shit go IDOC or just knock it all down n give it all away!!!! *plop* :lol:
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'll take all the stuff you want to give away...and I won't chrge you for it!!!
  8. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I don't think anyone is suggesting you quit the game, just quit the half-assed auctions; either commit to selling the items or don't bother posting.

The official rules offer some suggestions:
    viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1072

Some additional suggestions:
    if there's a minimum that you'll accept, then just say it
    if you're accepting platinum, then give a gold equivalent such as in "plat is valued at 5k each"
    give a firm date to end the auction or "bidding ends 6/17 plus 24 hours after last bid"
    allowing private bids opens up controversy
    high value items deserve their own post
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

^ That man knows his chit. It's a good idea to listen to him.
  10. abox

abox Active Member

Yea I was being a smart !@# with my comments. I pretty much agree with everything Upgrayed posted. Its frustrating for people watching these auctions for two weeks to be beat by private bidders. Had I known about the private bidder bidding on everything I might have teamed up with Deacon or Upgrayed and we make a bid on the lot. Instead we all watched and bid for two weeks for nothing. No one wants anyone to quit we are trying to grow this server.

-Abox
  11. CapDipshit

CapDipshit New Member

*plop* ahhhhh!!!! Yeah anyway I just feel like a dipshit..! (Classical music) lil ironic...
    I said one thing and another happend, this is my first auction trial. Obviously I had no idea wtf I was doing sorry to fuck everybody's hopes up but... I've been working a lot and was not expecting to half to work all the hours I am... I like to apologize to all the people who placed bids and didn't not get your goods this last weekend... I guess ill try again when I get the time and I will change the way it rolls out. Idk when it will be but we will ind out when it happens... Again sorry for being a dipshit... :|
    Hope you all have fun playing UO it will be a while before I can get some playing in. Real time to play, not a half hour to check on shit and bounce...
  12. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

So the auction has been canceled? I'm guessing that's what your post means.
  13. Google-

Google- Member

young account to be selling all of those items.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Some people missed HateCrime's departure.....some didn't.