Razor 1.5 - Bug/Issue/Release Tracking

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, May 2, 2018.

1. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That would be awesome man!
  2. dissident

dissident Active Member

Another minor thing:

JMAP coming up with unhandled exceptions when closing Razor/trying to make a .csv get displayed, if the csv file is open somewhere else (external editor)
  3. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

I've noticed that occasionally when switching between different UO instances using the latest Razor release that 1 of them will go 'Not Responding' for sometimes several seconds. It will eventually wake up, but it makes me nervous to tab out of the window if I'm anywhere outside my home.

This isn't occurring every time a window goes inactive, and I've noticed it seems to happen more frequently on 1 of my characters moreso than others, but I've seen it across the board to varying degrees.

To verify it wasn't something else going on, I played for a couple of days with the old Client (the one packaged with the UO:R install) and confirmed the issue never occurs there.
  4. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

This is related to a fix for a previous bug where the client would go unresponsive and never come back. So,. the 1-2s stutter is better than having to reopen the whole thing. Also this fix I mention is one thing that makes this version of razor superior to all the others.

Though I hope to see it improved.
  5. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Ahh ok - well when you put it like that I'll see it as an improvement, though I can't say I ever had the client lock-up on me before except during log-out. On a few occasions the client would freeze when attempting to close the game, but hadn't experienced anything like that while actively playing.

That would SUCK!
  6. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I can't say I've experience any lockups, temporary or otherwise. I always run 3 clients, though I'm not flipping between a whole bunch. Let me play around and see if I can replicate this. It's interesting you mention this, someone else just reported this to me today.
  7. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

This might be anecdotal, but I noticed the most dramatic lockups (perhaps as long as 10-15 seconds!) while dead.

For example :

Client 1 --> OooOooooOooo (just died)
    Client 2 --> idle

I flip to Client 3 to do something on another character real quick, and while Client 3 is active, I can see Client 1 suddenly say (Not Responding) on the title bar.

I flip back to Client 1 and the window is going gray like the client is about to crash.

I flip back to Client 2 which seems fine - he's just chillin somewhere doing nothing.

Client 3 - still fine.

Flip back to Client 1, which is still (Not Responding) for another couple of seconds, and suddenly I see 15+ seconds worth of activity WHIP around the screen in a nanosecond (and hear what sounds like 30 energy bolts going off at the same time) and then everything was back to normal again.

If I have the time I'll see if I can find a way to reliably reproduce the behavior, although I have a sneaking suspicion it might not be that simple.
  8. dissident

dissident Active Member

I have experienced something like this, and as you say it seems to happen to me with a specific toon. I also noticed that the button for the client that goes unresponsive goes to the end of the taskbar after it comes back -means if I have 3 clients open, and the 3 non-grouped buttons on the taskbar for each client are Client1, Client2 and Client3, if Client2 goes unresponsive, the new order in the taskbar will be Client1, Client3, Client2.

The unresponsiveness seems to take a lot less time if I run the clients and Razor as administrator.
  9. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Those having an issue, do you have an issue with Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and with it running as administrator? A few people early on had similar issues and that seemed to resolve it.
  10. dissident

dissident Active Member

oops, I had compatibility mode disabled -I will try again with that enabled
  11. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

I also had compatibility mode disabled too! I think I had it enabled on the older Razor client, but neglected to check it off when I made the new shortcut.

I'll test this out.
    Quick likes this.
  12. dissident

dissident Active Member

I enabled WinXP SP2 compat mode and the unresponsive times are unnoticeable
    RavenMagi and Quick like this.
  13. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that seems to be working for you guys.
    Baler and RavenMagi like this.
  14. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Confirmed, this helps! :)
    Thank you for everything Quick!
    Quick likes this.
  15. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Baler and Ahirman like this.
  16. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Quick likes this.
  17. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

omg!!! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    :eek: :D

That's a dream feature of mine!
    so cool! please include in the next update!
    (also being able to toggle certain types of weather but that's less important)
  18. dissident

dissident Active Member

Minor bug:

List of hotkeys is displayed incorrectly when filtering with a search.

Note the inconsistency between the tree view (Stealth says "not assigned") and the Hotkey config on the right, which says it is Ctrl+Z. It is actually working, just not being displayed.

[​IMG]

The filtered view is actually showing the hotkeys for a different Razor profile that was loaded previously.

The tree view shows the right info when not filtering/searching (all I did to get from first screenshot to next one was to delete the text in the "Filter" field, and it displays the correct profile's hotkeys).

[​IMG]
    Quick likes this.
  19. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Bug: Stealth Steps not keeping track and resetting.

When Just Count Stealth Steps is checked and it's showing the sysmsg it reset the counter pre-maturely after a few seconds.
    When Overhead is checked it counts stealth steps properly and doesn't reset the counter unless you restealth.
  20. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll take a look.