Razor 1.5 - Bug/Issue/Release Tracking

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, May 2, 2018.

1. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm pretty confident it's a registry issue since I'm able to reproduce it and fix it by manipulating those keys. Makes sense that those experiencing the issue had in the past installed another UO client.

Next version will hopefully take care of it.
    dissident and Kilgore Trout like this.
  2. dissident

dissident Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

May I suggest getting rid of the "Packet filter exception" when typing an unknown Razor command? -anything that starts with "-" and is not a known command to Razor, like "-hello". it would be nice if you could add a command, like "-alert", that would make a proper popup window appear on top of any other window.

Thanks!
  3. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

Hi Quick, sorry to spam both of your threads, but I encountered an issue that perhaps you could help with and others may have experienced. After switching to your version of Razor, I decided to run it from my OneDrive folder so that my macros/profiles will be up-to-date on whatever PC I am using. But I believe this has caused a problem, and I don't think it is necessarily an issue with your version of Razor, but Razor in general. After I log out and close UO and Razor on my desktop PC (it has 2 monitors if that matters) and then try and log in on my laptop, immediately after logging in the razor window just disappears. And the normal tricks to find a missing or offscreen window don't work (i.e. hover over the windows 10 preview, use "move" or "maximize", cascade windows, etc.). The Razor window seems to have somehow merged with the UO client window from what I can tell because when I hover over the windows 10 preview, it highlights the UO client window.

It seems that this might be caused by Razor trying to position the window in the last position it was in when I logged out, but since this is a different PC with only one monitor, it might be confusing it. Is there some way to make it so that every time you open Razor the window appears in a default location?

Here is a video:

Here is the only way I have found to work around this issue: Close out all UO and Razor windows, then log in with a different account that is not experiencing the problem. Then log back out so that next time I open Razor, the UO client has that different account name pre-populated. Enter the account name of the account with the missing Razor window, and then immediately as soon as I double-click the name of the character to log in with, quickly grab the Razor window with my mouse cursor so it doesn't disappear. After this everything works fine on that account.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Quick likes this.
  4. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

If Razor is off screen, for a quick fix, close out of Razor, open your profile XML file, find WindowX and WindowY and set them both to 400 and open it again.

It's weird though, Razor has code to check if it's off screen and if it is, sets both those values to 0. I just played around with the logic of that code, maybe now it's slightly improved. It's now looking at the Working Area, instead of the Bounds of screens.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/do...4.7.2#System_Windows_Forms_Screen_WorkingArea

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/do...work-4.7.2#System_Windows_Forms_Screen_Bounds

So now Razor will now look at you're working with actual space (ie: the working area is the desktop area of the display, excluding taskbars, docked windows, and docked tool bars) instead of checking the visual space (simply the bounds of the displays).
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Leopold likes this.
  5. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I keep my razor folder on Google drive so it syncs and I can use it on my laptop. I've never had that happen before .
    Quick likes this.
  6. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Small update, but here you guys go. As always, thanks for helping me test. The BOD feature is definitely in early stages, so let me know if you have any issues.

You can always grab the latest here: http://www.uor-razor.com

1.5.0.11 (11/20/18)

Razor
    • Razor will check the value of UODataDir in your config before looking to the registry, making it now fully portable and able to handle computers with multiple versions of UO installed. This should fix missing images in the titlebar on counters for some people.
    • Razor will try to be a little smarter when determining if it's offscreen and reset itself if it is.
    More Options
    • If your container has a non-generic name (ie: holiday bags, special chests), you can set an alias so the container label will work on it.
    • Added an option to automatically block trades
    • Added an option to auto-accept party invites from friends
    • You can set an min/max light level. Be sure you have your Light Filter unchecked before using this feature.
    Macros
    • Double-click GumpResponse to check button ID
    • Added Use Last Gump Response to macro options (ie: to update a macro using a runebook)
    Hot Keys
    • Added a hotkey to interrupt spell casting (same effect as having a macro that picked up and equipped a pair of shoes).
    • You can now capture data from large and small BOD deeds. The file will be saved in a .csv file (BODs.csv) in the root path of Razor.
    Ahirman, wylwrk and Leopold like this.
  7. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Thanks Quick! I'll be installing the new version tonight.
  8. armbar

armbar New Member

FYi, after being logged out / force logged out (from another char logging in), the login page is frozen and wont allow typing of the pw or changing of acct
  9. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member

Ive had this happen frequently, especially if I let the login screen sit without logging in for a while. I have to force close and restart. I don't have any idea if it is related to Razor, and it happened before I switched to Quick's razor.

Also, I can confirm (per earlier discussions in this thread) that using SP2 (or SP3) compatibility mode definitely solves the UO client window flicker issue. It stopped the instant I changed that setting. I also run in Administrator mode and it runs smoothly.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  10. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Does this happen all the time? I have this randomly here or there but there are times I'll log in 50 times a day when testing something with no issues.
  11. dissident

dissident Active Member

that "Force different 'TargetByType'" option for macros is great, but could you make it work for DoubleClickByType as well? That would make it a lot easier to dump a bunch of BODs
    fenster likes this.
  12. Baler

Baler Well-Known Member

Fall Season hides o'hii tree & Real checkbox is setting the season to Fall, not Winter.

Unsure if you have any control over the first one and sorry if this was already known/reported etc.
    Thank you! :)

edit:
    found this, which explains and answers the former of my report.
    also any chance for weather?, there's a packet for that too.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  13. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

Just finally got around to updating to the latest version. I attempted to have it import my profile / macros, but that process fails when trying to access one of the macros stating that the file is in-use by another process :

Code:
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\draup\AppData\Roaming\Razor\Macros\aaaa miner.macro' because it is being used by another process.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       at Assistant.Config.RecursiveCopy(String oldDir, String newDir, Boolean overWrite)
       at Assistant.Config.RecursiveCopy(String oldDir, String newDir, Boolean overWrite)
       at Assistant.Config.ImportProfilesMacros(String appDataSource)
       at Assistant.WelcomeForm.WelcomeForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I thought that perhaps another instance of Razor was doing something in the background, so I fully rebooted and get the same result.

Using ProcMon I see Razor touch the file successfully a few times before it makes multiple CreateFile attempts which fail with a 'SHARING VIOLATION' :

upload_2018-11-27_8-4-49.png
  14. dissident

dissident Active Member

BUG:

The command for targeting "Absolute target variables" gets discarded when Razor loads a macro. It is possible to use absolute target variables -i.e. the macro will run and do what is expected-, but the "Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetVariableAction" line will disappear from the macro code on reload.

Easiest way to reproduce is to "Insert" an "Absolute target variable" in a macro using the button on Razor. Then clicking on Save macro, and then Reload. The Absolute target disappears. This has been also checked with an external editor -line gets just discarded. I would assume Razor understands the new "Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetVariableAction" command as it can execute it, but it has not been added to the list of known commands when parsing a macro upon loading, and therefore it gets ignored and not loaded.

I would appreciate if you could fix this for the next release. The idea of those target variables is so useful and will save me so much work when reusing macros!

Thanks
  15. dissident

dissident Active Member

minor bug:

"-ping" command shows incorrect Avg value (very often for me it is higher than each of the individual pings)

[​IMG]
  16. dissident

dissident Active Member

minor bug:

"-ping" command shows incorrect Avg value (very often for me it is higher than each of the individual pings)
    [​IMG]
  17. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the two reports @dissident -- I'll look into them.
  18. dissident

dissident Active Member

minor bug:

when copying and pasting a line within the same script, specifically a "Say blah blah" command, when editing one line, the pasted one also changes -somehow they are linked, like both cloned lines are stored in the same string variable? (i.e. referenced instead of instanced)
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  19. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, Merry Christmas!

I had a little time between the morning Christmas chaos and the coming evening Christmas chaos to push out a small update. Nothing too exciting, just a few fixes and a few minor features inspired by @dissident's suggestions. If you're one of those who'd get that occasional popup when running around or using a macro, that should be resolved too in this version.

Please remember to keep those feature ideas coming over on http://uorforum.com/threads/improving-razor-razor-development.33134

1.5.0.12 (12/25/18)

Razor
    • Fixed the issue that was causing the "filter exceptions" popup
    • The -ping command will display the correct value for the average
    • Entering the wrong -command will no longer result in an error popup
    • The previous version reverted Razor from using the updated visual style back to the older looking style due to a Windows patch last month (KB4459942). This has been fixed.
    Macros
    • Fixed the issue with Absolute Target Variables not saving correctly in a macro
    Agents
    • Like the Organizer Agent, you can no longer enter multiple items into a Restock Agent
    • Double-clicking on the list when viewing the Restock or Buy agents will popup the dialog to change the value (same behavior as clicking Edit)
    NCCML, dissident and Baler like this.
  20. dissident

dissident Active Member

That's great thanks :)

Merry Xmas!