Razor 1.5 - Bug/Issue/Release Tracking

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Quick, May 2, 2018.

1. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Oh so there HAS been changes to crypt... I thought what I saw were relics.
    Considering it (in theory ) works fine in previous versions and no need to fix what isnt broken... use the dll instead of project and reference it? I know the insides of loader and crypt...

Needs the disclaimer:

Here There Be Dragons

Or.. does it actually not work fine. *runs off to break everything*
  2. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Yeah, I guess some project properties were changed but no code changes were made by me to Crypt, beyond changing how it compiled. Without that project change, Z axis wouldn't work.

You can't reference the 1.0.13.x ones I don't think because they're signed, but maybe we can with the 1.0.14.x files. Sounds like you're giving it a go, cool thanks, let us know what you find. Not completely thrilled about referring a .dll file I don't have any visibility in, but I'm probably just being paranoid.
  3. JimmyTheHand

Yeah well, sometimes better for stability. It's a trusted source too in this case, so I don't see harm in that. May very well be the best option. I may poke at Crypt too, I learned all about it and loader with early in that other thing I've not announced yet.

Also for anyone paying attention - tile height in JMap generation is now functional, it's just not 100% yet. Some areas look like Ice Isle... except they're not :)
    Result? All the awesome of a heightmap (depth, shading, etc.), but still 8bit 256 indexed bmp, identical filesize at 28mb or so.
    RGB to Hue/Saturation/Lumination has been worth it.

It's actually kind of insane the amount of detail that can be created when you have such control over each pixel in such a way :D
    Many more codes though :(
    Ahirman likes this.
  4. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

I there anyway for razor to monitor poison charges on a weapon and display the charges in the title bar?? :rolleyes:
  5. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

I don't think that is tracked client side, but I can double-check. For example, if you have a dagger of power, the client just knows you have a dagger. It's only when you click that dagger it asks the server "what type of dagger, is it poisoned?, etc and then displays that in the click response tooltip.
  6. Ahirman

That what I thought, but figured it was worth a shot. That would be amazing!
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  7. JimmyTheHand

With a bunch of game dev style tricksy trickses a lot stuff prior devs avoided or dreamy eyed users never thought could be done, can indeed be done!
    It all depends on the available data, we can extrapolate and derive accurate results from all sorts... if we know data + mechanic.
    I think razor actually already uses something like this as a way to monitor items that aren't visible (e.g. open bag). I know some other addon's do.

e.g. (in a non razor addon)Pots are not in a visible bag and stack cannot be checked; but it can be made so that if you drink one->tracking number changes.

We're aware of everything we need to make that happen, even though it's not tracking the actual item, nor do we see the stack drop by 1.
    We know the original stack amount, we know a potion was consumed, so we can make the logical decision to drop the associated counter by 1.

I assume poison can be done that same way, there's a notification for it being applied to the target. You already know when you applied poison to the weapon and it has X charges by default.
    Is starting amount of charges random in any way? That will screw it up nicely :p

If it's standardized, the proc message can occur->razor reads it->drops charge counter by 1.
    If you happen to NOT be the poisoner, that scenario is covered too - assuming the standard starting charge, via clicking the item, and either auto or manually telling razor it's poisoned.

This sort of sneakiness with bonus shiny graphics is coming to a "JMap" (and other project(s)) near you soon!

Also Quick will now probably log every single thing in the game he can using this method :p Why not? People like things, also stuff! :D
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Ahirman likes this.
  8. dissident

dissident Active Member

Thanks for your thorough reply. I was already running everything in admin mode, and I don't run any antivirus -even disabled the built-in on in Windows 10 with group policy. The only thing I had not tried was Windows XP SP3 compat mode. Will try that and have a look at the event log, see if I can find anything relevant.

But as others said, and after reading Quick's reply about compiling/optimization, this small delay is something I can completely live with. I'd say other things probably have higher priority than this -may not be worth spending that much time looking into a potentially complex issue for such small gain in loading time.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  9. dissident

dissident Active Member

Cool, thanks for your work mate :)
  10. JimmyTheHand

@dissident Hehe yeah you're right, the initial investigation to using the old dll was fruitless without some form of insanity down a route of no guarantees.
    Most of what I punched out on the keyboard is autopilot old IT helpdesk mode :D

Actually - did you turn it off and on again? :D

Your opinion on more important items to address is where Quick and I left it at. Maybe eventually :)
  11. dissident

dissident Active Member

Haha yeah, I know that IT support world first hand :)

Here's another couple of minor things I found:
    - "Target Closest Grey Monster" will not target wild nightmares -or any other animals, not sure if it is intended that way? "Closest Criminal" will target nightmares once they aggro on my toon.
    - when clicking on "Unset" hotkey on a set hotkey, list scrolls to the top
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  12. Ahirman

I noticed something new. If you're in war mode and double click a mob, you get a message over your head.

Attack: [mob name]
  13. JimmyTheHand

Target Closest Grey Monster.. yeah seems nightmares are classified as animals, and animals != monsters.
    "Target Closest Grey" should pick them up.

Unset Hotkey: this likely very annoying :) Not my area though, possibly one of few areas in Razor I've just let my eyes glaze over as I scroll through :p
    *dusts off all responsibility and just :cool:*

Yeah, new feature from Quick, should be able to toggle it on or off, overhead message thingy.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    dissident likes this.
  14. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

New option, it can be disabled in "More Options" separate from the overhead message feature.
    Ahirman and JimmyTheHand like this.
  15. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just repeating what Jimmy is saying again but there are a few animals that have been "re-purposed" as monsters, such as the dire wolves and hell hounds using the wolf animal body, or in this case, the nightmare using the horse body.

I can update "Target Closest Grey Monster" to target horses just how in the past I updated it to target wolves.
    dissident and JimmyTheHand like this.
  16. lunash

lunash New Member

v1.5.0.9 Windows10,there are two icons in the system tray,one of them is no use, a bug?
  17. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Yep. Fixed next version.
  18. dissident

dissident Active Member

More minor things that you may want to look into:

- I find the new timers for the title bar very useful, like skill, gate, etc. Gate works fine when using spell+rune, but it doesn't seem to work for me when gating from a runebook.
    - Same with skill timer, it works with hiding, but not with Tracking and others. Actually, Animal lore triggers both a skill timer and a gate timer for me when used on an animal, and only a gate timer starts when used on a toon "That's not an animal!"
  19. Quick

Quick Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I'll look into those and get them addressed next version. Thanks for your time and feedback.
  20. JimmyTheHand

(Aww! Quick beat me to replying, leaving it here though for lols)

Hey :)

I can't give you exact answers, Quick's area. But lets go for details again! This time in multiple choice quiz format!

Which of these is most accurate:

A. When using the quick access button in the book contents?
    B. When using the spell icon in the book pages?
    C. When casting on the book?
    D. Multiple of these? Give details.

For each category, list the skills that are applicable.

A. Triggers skill timer incorrectly.
    B. Triggers gate timer incorrectly.
    C. Triggers both timers, incorrectly.
    D. Nothing happens at all.

(Remember when in doubt... always C)
    Also if you can't be bothered with my games, a little more detail helps :D

*slips back in to the shadows, a broad grin spread across his face*