Razor Restock Agent issues.

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Cynic, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Ok, so I've changed the pauses in my razor macros to a significantly long pause now, much longer than is needed in the above equation.

My object delay... well I played with this from 600 to 800 to 1000...

Still having issues.

Still grabbing only a select amount of items from the restock agent. Sometimes it won't grab shovels, sometimes it won't grab root, sometimes it won't grab a god damn thing.
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Mine still misses something on occasion as well but it's better at 1000 ms delay.
  3. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

It's crazy because I run 3 recall miners and never ran into this problem when I ran just 1 or even 2 at a time.

The razor macro's for each are identical except for runebook values.

Miner "A" will recall to organize/restock and do just fine while Miner "B" will only restock a shovel and miss all the regs.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

It's going to slow you down a bit (though seems like whatever this issue is, it's slowing you down as it is), but why not just call the Restock portion twice? Your Pause for the second call can be significantly shorter, I think, since it would only restock the remainder of what's needed. So maybe you're only talking 2 or 3 seconds per bank trip.
    Cynic likes this.
  5. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I thought about this. The significant pauses have reduced my ingots/hr significantly, I may have to try this.
  6. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Can we see the code? Personally, i've never had an issue like that...that couldn't be fixed with appropriate pauses, wait for target editing/replacing, etc...
  7. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Something I have noticed lately, packet processing for multiple clients has slowed. So if you are running 1 client, no issues, 2 clients, rarely an issue, but 3 clients seems to have an increased lag here and there.

What I had to do was to run 3 accounts on 3 different computers, and now I have no issues with restocking. Each of my comps have nice specs and my internet speed is decent, so that's why I decided to split the accounts up. I can run 2 on one comp and one on another or run 3 accounts separate on 3 different comps with no issues.
    Now, there is a way, depending on your version of Windows, to go in and make processing allowances and bandwidth distribution to each client... but much easier to log on 2 or 3 different computers.

Maybe my case is isolated, but try that.
    Cynic likes this.
  8. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I believe this is what the issue is. I've been doing a lot of fumbling around with my miners and noticed that if I have 1-2 of them going I rarely have an issue (but at times there are hiccups), however, as soon as I start running all three and then maybe throw up a netflix then the restock issues start happening..
  9. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

Actually, while what he said sounds great from a non-technical standpoint -- everything he stated is pretty much nonsense.

Packet processing is not slowing; and its an absurd assertion that it is. Latency is not packet processing.

More than likely, the effect has to do with latency somewhere in your network -- netflix can be a cause, but so can simply having lousy network hardware, or having not rebooted the hardware recently. As far as it having an effect when there are multiple running; only if something else is causing a latency problem already. I run 3 clients w/ 3 macros running on a single machine, while netflix plays on a roku and I do my business work over a VPN link on my laptop, all running over wireless, and never encounter the problems being described here. I do this nearly daily.

The packets, from a technical standpoint, that are being transmitted by the UO client are miniscule. Packet processing is a null issue with them, because we're talking tiny blips of data every time they are transmitted. However, due to the fact that these communications are divvied up into such tiny, insignificant specks of data transfer, UO is in turn *EXTREMELY* sensitive to line latency. If you have a bad cable in your network thats losing one out of every 20 packets, thats enough to ruin your UO experience. If your head end provider is experiencing lag between you and the server, thats enough to ruin your UO experience. But, if you have a computer built in the last, I dunno, decade, you have MORE than ample power to 'process packets' for 3 clients at once.

Cynic, your problem either lies in the code, as Lightshade/Pirul already stated, or lies in your network hardware. What DaTamer just stated is nonsense and won't actually help you.
    Lightshade likes this.
  10. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I'll have to second this.
  11. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

LOL I figured out what the problem was. I feel like a complete noob but I figured I'd share it just because I can't believe how stupid it was that I didn't see it.

I have 3 recall miners all restocking from the same chest. If they restock all at the same time then they try to grab the same reg simultaneously and the game doesn't allow for that.

So, afterall, it wasn't a restock issue, it wasn't a latency issue, it wasn't a macro issue... it was an issue of complete retardedness.
    Vlar likes this.
  12. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

LMFAOOOO
  13. Paradigm

Paradigm Active Member

Cynic, you beautiful genius. Thanks for sharing!