Razor, Windows 7 and screen resolution

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by merlin8666, May 11, 2017.

1. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

I think some of you may have had this problem. When in full screen UO mode the screen keeps flashing as data from Razor is updated, which is extremely irritating and when not macroing i play without Razor.

So the flashing doesn't appear when not in full screen mode (adjusted in-game settings) but then the gameplay screen is so small on my screen that i struggle to see and prefer a bigger vision.

So what resolution settings do you have in UO and Windows 7 and is the actual gameplay big enough?
  2. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I believe you have to run as administrator windows compatibility mode (win xp sp3)

I never play full screen so not sure if it will fix that too
  3. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

That is definately something you got to keep tweaking till you get it right. In razor under more options is a force game size option. I have that box checked and set at 1200 x 800 on most of my chars.

My windows is at 1920x1080 with apps at 125% size.

Eventually your going to have 3 accounts up at all times and be playing all 3 at the same time, switching back and forth. Best way to do it is to put all 3 screens stacked on top of each other with a corner sticking out in 3 different directions.

https://images.discordapp.net/.eJwF...Vq3zwoEZ1ab158SJPLNBm6s?width=1154&height=649

thats what my set up looks like. with it like that all i have to do it mouse over to one side of the screen, click and i switch boxes. I can switch to a box, start a macro, and switch back in a second or two, and it seems less buggy this way than other ways ive tried.
  4. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I had the same problems (though not in full screen mode). Following these instructions solved that for me:

http://uorforum.com/threads/troubleshooting-razor-client-problems.3960/
  5. merlin8666

That's how i'd like the resolution to be though i made the changes you said and it's still too damn small on my screen. Can you share more settings you have applied?
  6. Valrick

I wish there was a way double size a game window, yeah. 3440x1440 sucks with razor!
  7. merlin8666

Not sure what you mean by that? For fun i tried to force that resolution but 3440 or 3000 for that matter just reverts down to 300 when i actually log on
    Valrick likes this.
  8. Valrick

My computer monitor resolution is 3440x1440 sorry I should have clarified!

Can't remember exactly what in game resolution I use and I'm not home

____×960 possibly? Can force game resolution in a razor tab
  9. merlin8666

Played round with settings most of the day and i can't find anything satisfactory that's big enough for the screen. Is anyone able to drag the window bigger in the UO client just like shown in the first few seconds of this video?
  10. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

no, ive never seen anything like that... i wish i could help you more but the settings i told you are the only thing i know how to adjust. show us a picture of what your setup looks like now, and is the force game size box in razor changing anything for your setup?
  11. Ecstatic

Ecstatic Active Member

Afaik there is no solution to the black tiles etc that keep appearing with too large windows size.