Real life devorce.

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Labeler, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi all,
    a kind gentlemen follow up on me in a private conversation. felt awesome somehow...
    thought, now i writing an update, i could as well give here an update also.

im better than i could have hoped. i rly feel ok and im over the break up already. i m feeding myself with energy coming from doing sports. im sporting 3 times or more if i can a week. i m even considering going to a boxing club just as an amateur, nothing serious or competition like. just wanna learn & drill the body to a higher endurance. it help strength my spirit and such.

I've kinda parked all games aside. i have no idea why or how, but i totally disconnected with games ever since the break up.
    im staying logged in uo as much as possible, just for refreshing houses and plat eventually. i hope to get an ethy someday.

other than that, im very busy between sport and arranging a trillion things. we have splitted our possessions, funtitures and electronics and such, and all the missing pieces i have been hunting for them online, 2nd hand places & sites and getting my shit together lets say :D

as for the break up itself, the ex is moving out friday the 9th. she ll get the kids for starter, so that week, i will be sporting 7/7 :)
    the week after its my turn for the kids and i will take my time spending as much as i can with them.
    in short: as of the 9th, a new life will begin for me. i got some vague picture of how it could look like, but nothing is certain so .. im quite anxious to start it. also a little cautious how it ll evolve.

anyways: im alive and kicking as good as it can get.

for those who cared, i greet you my friends.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

I avoided commenting here previously because I do not know you nor the details behind the cirumstances of your current situation. I did not know how, in my typical jovial personality to respond. But I recently learned a similar sorrow has befallen my big sister, and despite her wishes to keep the union intact, it seems it will shatter still. Thus, inspired by your courage to seek help and to defy surrender, I wrote this. I hope it gives you courage or strength. But mostly I hope you accept my invasion of your personal conflict as a way for me to express also how I am feeling

*On a battle field, filled with commotion and environments that changed with every moment, there was a deafening crack that rocked one lone man to his knee*

He held the cracked sceptre in his hands and battled to confront the naked truth: The staff which he once thought would never break and which he was sure he could not live without was now in shards and - he was still alive.

The surreality of it consumed him as the calamity and commotion of the world pressed on, seemingly unaffected by his own personal loss. The battle cries of warriors all across the field rang out, demanding his attention and threatened him with pain and suffering if he did not immediately rejoin the fray. But he found the reasons which had thus far lead him into this battle field no longer compelled him, it took all of his will to even attempt to dodge a blow which moments ago he would have deftly manuvered into a counter blow.

It hit him then - the crushing blow of a troll's malicious club. What was happening? The troll cared very little that he was not able to turn in his report in a timely manner to the captain. In fact it used it to his advantage and capitalized on his disoriented state and pressed forward. He tried to call in another report, but it too was tardy, and the troll's club rocked his skull without mercy - yet he was still alive.

The troll raised his crude bludgeon once more, but this time it would not find its mark.

Labeler clamored to his feet, seezing upon his broken staff and with quick force he punished the troll's knees and sent it hurling to the earth.
    He did not know how long this rush of courage would last, but he siezed upon his new found inspiration: the horizon that still lay ahead to the east.

Though the war still raged in his immediate proximity, the horizon remained unchanged. That is where his future now resided. That is where his inspiration to fight his way off this battlefield and live another day would now come.

He knew it would take sweat and blood to fight his way off this field, but this was only one final battle, and one that no longer held his claim except for the fact that his feet were here. But knew he would survive now, and once off this field, would trek to that new horizon and find what lay over that hill, or the next and continue thus on until he found the very last horizon, the one which casts a cold shadow over every man's grave....
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    One, Prison Bound, Labeler and 5 others like this.
  3. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

I am soooo glad I read ^ right after smoking a J.

*Profanitizes and blashemizes* Saturn hit it out of the park with that one. Or whatever "hitting it out of the park" equates to for wizards... Catching a snitch maybe?

Glad to hear you're doing well @Labeler! We (as a society) underestimate the positive mental/emotional effects of competitive physical activity. All the best!
    Labeler and Jupiter like this.
  4. Labeler

Labeler Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

hi my fellow fellucians.

just wanted to let you know im doing all fine. things got settled down. i event started to be active again in UOR and im loving it all over. the community is so nice to interact with. even though there are always those exceptions that try to bring you down just to test your patiences and good willing.
    anyways.... you can find me wherever needed.

thought i d let my few followers know im back in town.
    sincerely yours,
    eherruh, Ahirman, Halabinder and 5 others like this.
  5. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

glad to hear from ya.
    Halabinder likes this.
  6. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Gone through it as well, well we ended up at least that we see eachothers at least ones a week, so it is not over, we do not live together. But the first weeks was a damn pain before we got it settled.
  7. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Find Mary Jane. She will love without judgment or end! Stock snacks lightly..
    Halabinder likes this.