Recall wands

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Majinko, May 20, 2017.

1. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

That would be pretty cool... If we can't simply have recall scrolls work the same for everyone then something like this would be the next best option.
    One likes this.
  2. Pandemonium

Pandemonium New Member

It would appear that the arguement "for" anything like this is so that dexxers can get around as easily as other toons who sacrifice or. invest. points in magery.. however really looks like people just wanna be gankproof.
  3. Pandemonium

Pandemonium New Member

lets make bandaids work the same for everyone to so my mage only needs recall regs
  4. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

Have any of the opponents of this idea actually played on a shard where it was implemented? I have, on another modified Ren era shard, and it was nothing like you seem to be imagining. It doesn't make anyone "gankproof" and it doesn't usher in Trammel... PKs still PK, recall can still be interrupted, mages still have tons of advantages and everything goes on more or less as usual.

The main difference is that more people play pure dexxers, players can get more creative with their templates, getting from point A to point B is less annoying, and when a PK runs up to a dexxer there's at least a chance of getting away. Ultimately it leads to more fun for everyone.

Sure, it might make PKing a dexxer slightly more of a challenge because they aren't just sitting there like a lump. But that's not a bad thing.
    One and Newt like this.
  5. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

I support recall scrolls granting 100% casting success regardless of magery skill. If the PKs think a vast majority of dungeon crawlers don't already have 100% recall success chance (because they sacrifice other skills for magery or are mages already) they are naïve as fu@%. This doesn't mean the spell would be uninterruptable, it means the skill check would yield certain success barring outside influences. So cool your jets, a 7xGM dexxer is still no match for a 7xGM mage.

#MakeDexxersViable
    Namarra, Shosara and One like this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    Shosara likes this.
  7. Marvelous Marv

Marvelous Marv Member

For me personally it has nothing to do with 'gank proof', it has everything to do with viability.

*deleted half my post as it has been said over and over and over* I get word happy after sending work emails.

Off all the options available to us, Recall Wands concern me the most. But I'd like something done.

Look, if we can make private/instanced dungeons/quest for tamers (unlimited bonds)/holiday events with custom loot. We can certainly make a change in how dexxers get around the world. I don't see how anyone can view the custom content we currently have as a positive, but than 'poo-poo' fast travel options for dexxers.

I have 4 dexxers in just under 2 months of play time, I'm a baby when it comes to the UOR, all but one of my dexxers has magery. I tried on my main dexer to forgo Magery and it was brutal. It just promotes more multi-boxing. Sitting at bank/house with a fast gate macro. How does that help the game/population? If you dont have the necassary Magery on a dexxer, that is your only other feasible option.

I'm all for differing opinions and sticking to the script, but if this was 100% Renaissance as it was done by OSI I would agree with the 'no special changes to Recall for dexers', but we arent doing that. We are trying to be UO Renaissance 'History Perfect'. Lets perfect this shit.

In my humble opinion we're dame close.
    One likes this.
  8. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

I dunno... we get 3 accounts to play at any given time.

Use your other accounts to gate your dexxer around or make friends who can.

This server doesn't to introduce more escape routes when fighting PK's.

As stated in the other thread, recall itself needs to be either be only useable out of combat, or much higher chance of intruption or longer cast time.

I can litterally sit there and recall out, with a dexxer attacking me point blank.

There is no risk.
  9. Loxness

Loxness Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber
    UO:R Donor

As I stated in the other thread....

I would say sure..... If there weren't blessed runebooks. That defeats the point to me. Blessed = no risk / all reward with 0 magery casting. If it didn't apply to blessed books (and the runebook in a bank bug didn't exist), I would change my vote.

While on the subject of dexxers.... Check out the proposed changes to make them better!! Voice your opinion and let it be known.

http://uorforum.com/threads/the-dexxer-should-we-make-some-changes-long-read-inside.24545/