Recruitment and Requirements

Discussion in '5-finger Discount [5D]' started by Player X, May 13, 2014.

1. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Just an example: It is forbidden to use the public IRC channels and public forums. But afaik it is not forbidden to PM people or scam them ingame.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

• Scamming
    • Players may not use the public community to advertise a scam, dishonest trade, or trap ingame.
    • Players may not use the public community to conduct a scam, dishonest trade, or trap ingame.
    • Players found to have been advertising or conducting these activities can lose their access to IRC or the Forums.
    • Scamming other players can easily fall under the discouraging gameplay policy.
    Examples of discouraging game play:

• Excessive attempts to scam other players.

So basically scamming is *not* a bannable offense but if one uses IRC or the forum to scam then they can be banned from IRC of the forum for it.
    Otherwise it appears scamming is tolerated within reason.
  3. BlackEye

And then again, consider the last point. A blank formulation enabling Staff to justify any jailings, bans etc. I really would ignore such vague rules like the last point until exact decisions are made by Staff that could be publicly discussed (hopefully without flame wars).
  4. Lumelli

Lumelli New Member

i would be intertested in joining. i am fairly new, but love playing a thief and plan to work him up asap
  5. BlackEye

No problem. Any thief is welcome. Just finish your toon and try to catch me in IRC (same nickname).