Regular MiBs Need Buff

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Cynic, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is what I don't follow though.

It's akin to me complaining about trying to hunt with a pack of timber wolves, and how it takes forever to train them, and they keep dying, and they're really not worth hunting with. Well, no kidding. That's what dragons are for; that's the high-end reward.

Likewise with fishing; I don't see why there are complaints about a mid-tier risk and a mid-tier reward, when there already exists a higher risk and higher reward within the very same 100 skill points. If you're choosing to do something lower on the gold-per-hour scale, then yeah, it's going to give you less gold-per-hour than doing the higher end stuff.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Rare drops from mongbats please.....
  3. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Another thought on fishing overall...
    I think staff has already put a lot of time into enhancing fishing. We have shipwreck kraken, lochlake monsters, undead pirate ships, and aMIBs instances.

Tweaking the extras pulled up while doing an MIB isn't a bad idea since most extras pulled up are worth very little and generally only for deco. I am fine with that but don't support rares/semi-rares even though it is an interesting idea.

I think with the broad brain trust of the player base, we probably could come up with other projects to enhance the player experience. I wish the PvP arenas were used more give the time put into coding them in. Isn't there an issue with them?

I understand there is poker and chess coming, being tested, and worked on. One thing that would be interesting is an ingame, automated quest system, similar to the one on the previous server many of us played on. A player town system would be interesting and I believe has been discussed some. A reset of the rare locations would be fun. I enjoyed the hunt in having to locate where they spawned, but most of the locations are now public knowledge. I understand both arguments concerning rares and no need to get into that issue here. I'm not trying to hijack the thread however believe proposing other areas of improvement/enhancement would be a good exercise.
  4. Marbles

Marbles Member

less shipwreck stuff, less time spent, less crap to drop off. That sounds good imo.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

I think a trash barrel on the ship would be very helpful. I don't see any negatives to it other than taking up a tile on a ship which are already limited especially on the small ones.

I generally collect all the 'garbage' in pouches then gate it to a trash barrel.
  6. Walisin

Walisin Member

I think one possible way to adjust MIB turnout, without directly increasing gold payout or messing with the loot tables, ties into another thread mentioning resource scarcity in certain sectors.

Pillows are great. Awesome, even. Without pillows, there wouldn't be pillow fights.. and what a sad world would we live in without pillow fights? But: There's only so much need for deco-items. Once everyone's got their pillow, they can comfortably rest their head or fight back against cuddly assaults in kind - and then the UO-fisherman is stuck with p to the n useless items each time he fishes up another MIB.

So, how about we keep pre-loot roughly the same, but make it possible to cut up the items gathered this way for resources:

Bone fragments -> bones
    Pillows -> feathers
    Paintings -> empty scrolls
    etc.

Of course this should remain less time-efficient than gathering resources via lumberjacking or mining, but it has several distinct advantages for fishermen:

• Items gathered this way have a value beyond decoration
    • Ships no longer get cluttered with countless items; cut up what you don't need and stack it neatly in the hold
    • Access to "unusual" crafting resources
    • Overall payout is increased, slightly, without creating a gold faucet or influx of high-end magic items

I'm also thinking MIBs might be slightly higher value than people realize, if I read this:

These items actually translate to gold value, depending on how the vendor system works here. Individually, they're not worth much. But at 30-250gp a piece, you're sitting on a load of gold there. It's the increase in payout you are asking for, and then some.
    If the clean-up system I was reading about gets introduced as well, eventually, you'll have another option to turn these into profit.