Renaissance Gold per Hour (Crowdsourced Guide Project)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by El Horno, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Ahh! you beat me to the ruins! Don't farm here myself but always wondered what the haul would be, nice job!

Also I included the time I was farming with the intention of adding any PK activity so that people using this as a guide to pick a farming spot would see what to expect during different hours of play. I will be sure to note that in my upcoming post. Happy Hunting!
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Damn you dexxers are tearing it up. I bet you'll fill out the dexxer section before we manage to fill out the provoker section.
    Melochabre and Cero like this.
  3. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Type: Lumberjack
    Weapon: Battle Axe of Force/Exorcism
    Place: Hedge Maze Daemons [At the 54min mark a Balron did spawn, used the other two spawns to finish the hour]
    Time: 7-8am EST [No PK activity]

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 34,572
    Gold from junk magics/scrolls: 6,327
    Total Gold per hour: 40,899

Platinum: 1
    Maps: 1 [level 4]
    Others: Standing harp of Air Elemental Slayer

El, I will try to come up with a short list of places we can farm and maybe Melo can add some as well, never would of thought Cove level 4!!
    Gideon Jura and Melochabre like this.
  4. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

Weapon: +15 hatchet of Power/Repond Slayer
    Place: Despise 3 - Titans
    Time: 3:48 - 4:49pm CST

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 34,734
    Gold from junk magics/scrolls: 5,119
    Total Gold per hour: 39,853
    Cero and Gideon Jura like this.
  5. Aya

Aya Active Member

Not to be too much of a stickler...but, the maps that come off of dread spiders are level 3's. Cool data though...
  6. Melochabre

Weapon: +0 Executioner's Axe of Might/Earth Shatter
    Place: Ore Veins yielding Verite, Valorite and Marble Elementals
    Time: 5:30 - 6:30pm CST

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 29,828
    Gold from junk magics/gems: 15,358
    Total Gold per hour: 45,186

Gold Value of Marble Ingots: 100 ingots @ 500gp/ingot = 50,000gp
    Grand Total: 95,186

This sort of farming is heavily dependent on the chance that a marble elemental will spawn and a players ability to find marble elemental yielding spots. For my outing, I was using a miner to dig up the elementals and a dexxer to kill them. I traveled to each location on horseback and tried to save as much valorite and verite ore as I could tolerate collecting.

A single battle miner with a runebook for hotspots would probably have a far bigger haul.

EDIT: Revised the value of marble ingots from 1,000 to 500 per ingot based on the information provided in Dalavar's Price Guide (UOR Price Guide)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    Cero likes this.
  7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Also dependent on the price of marble ingots, which hasn't been that high in over a year, from my experience.
  8. Melochabre

Ah, thanks for the update Dalavar. I checked vendors all over and found no ingots for sale so I used the last price that I knew.

What is current price?
  9. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I just logged an hour straight of farming with my discord tamer using two high level dragons and a mare.

Shame bloods in 1 hour yielded me 107k, 3 level 5 tmaps, 3 plat, +15/power long spear, and +20/vanq war hammer (that's all I cared to take). I also got a few wands I liked.

Before I added discord to my template I would roughly make 60-70k. I've actually put a stopwatch on it and made 9 second kills while the blood is discorded and my dragons have sufficient mana. On avg it takes 15 secs to kill.
    Basoosh, Melochabre and Cero like this.
  10. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I'll do aw and balrons next.
  11. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    Melochabre and Cero like this.
  12. El Horno

Sorry Ive never entered the world of mining so I'm unsure here, is this considered gargoyle pickaxe mining essentially?
  13. Jijus

Jijus New Member

Type: Disco / Tamer
    Place:
    Shame: West Blood Elementals
    Gold: 49.825
    Platinum: 2

I have killed a Disease blood elemental.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Cero likes this.
  14. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Weapon: Double Axe of Force/Silver
    Place: Deceit Level 2 [Mummies, Skeleton/Bone Mages, Skeleton/Bone Knights]
    Time: 12:45-1:45pm EST [No PK interference]

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 22,772
    Gold from junk magics/scrolls/gems: 6,256 [Also looted normal plate from the knights]
    Total Gold per hour: 29,028

Platinum: 1 from Skeleton Knight
    Others: Bone Mask 1, Lots of potions/regs/aids from mummies and mages

All in all this spawn was kind of slow (it is why I started to loot the normal plate..had time to sell it and still stay active), but for a beginner with a silver weapon this could be very profitable with low risk!
  15. Melochabre

Yeah, this is gargoyle pickaxe mining.
  16. Taliic

Taliic Well-Known Member

I don't know if you're interested in gold/hour for a GM lumberjack harvesting wood, as this looks like maybe a mob-farming gold/hour thread, but i'll post it anyway.

Chopping only UOAM premarked oak trees on a predetermined 90-100 oak tree loop (meaning once I hit the last tree in the loop the first one is ready to harvest again, thus continuous harvesting) yields:

1 hour session, 3:25-4:25 PM EST - 50,250 gold/hour selling at the cheapest board prices.

2030 oak boards - 40,600 @ 20g each.
    3860 regular boards - 9,650 @ 2.5g each.

Your gold/hour really depends on how fast you want to sell them. I want them off my hands fast and money in my bank account, so I sell them at 20g and 2.5g each respectively. You need a packhorse and a house nearby to be able to deposit the boards and continue farming with little to no downtime.

Cons to farming wood for gold compared to other methods:
    -Boring. No excitement and very monotonous..
    -Arthritis in your hands unless you make a macro. I just use last object/last target.
    -No items to loot which could significantly boost your gold/hour (getting a nice slayer vanq, tmap, trophy etc)
    -Need to have at least a small house close to your oak tree loop for safety and to store wood until you're ready to bank.
    -Need to actually HAVE an oak tree loop, which takes a significant amount of time to make. Farming regular, random trees will net you a much less gold/hour.
    -You have to have buyers for your wood. If no one wants wood, you have made zero gold. Fortunately this is rare.

Pros to farming wood for gold compared to other methods:
    -Very little PK interference if you're smart and harvest in secluded areas. Don't hack wood 3 screens away from yew gate and expect to remain safe. That's just asking for it. However, regardless of where you are, if you do happen to get attacked your house shouldn't be too far away.
    -Staying on the PK topic, if you do get attacked you're not on just any regular mule. You're on a seasoned war veteran, axe-wielding death machine that can two shot anyone stupid enough to attack you. It's nice being able to harvest wood on a 7xGM. If someone tries to PK me my mindset isn't "recall out immediately," it's "finally, some action! time to hit this guy once and watch him run his ass off." How many miners can defend themselves like that?
    -Can catch up on all your favorite shows while harvesting wood. If you're in a dungeon you constantly have to be alert.
    -Wood is easy to move. It rarely stays on my hands for more than a few hours. At my prices, I turn wood to cash almost instantly.
    -Oak BOD's are coming out soon I hear, so many people are stocking up on oak for when this happens.

There are plenty more pros and cons but I can't think of anything else right now. The fact of the matter is if you're determined, you can make a lot of money harvesting wood while staying relatively under the radar of the PK's. Getting PK'd in a dungeon can mean the end of your session for some people. Hell, it can mean the end of your night due to frustration. If you're resilient enough to stare at trees for hours on end without throwing in the towel you can make a great living and also build a great pvp character in the process.
    Cero and Melochabre like this.
  17. El Horno

Awesome. I definitely needed this information. Perhaps you can waste an hour and tell me how much you would net if you didn't go out looking for only oak.
  18. Melochabre

Weapon: +0 two handed axe of Power/Ophidian Slayer
    Place: T2A - Ophidian Lair
    Time: 4:38 - 5:40pm CST

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 23,937
    Gold from junk magics/gems: 2,700
    Total Gold per hour: 26,637

First time killing at the Ophidian Lair and I had no idea the spawn was so slow. However, with a slayer weapon everything went down in 3 - 5 hits. Definitely the easiest spawn I've encountered.
    Cero, Gideon Jura and Dalavar like this.
  19. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Props to you sir, I LOL whenever I get an Ophidian or Terathan slayer. Cause I ain't going near there.
  20. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

The spawn can get "trapped" inside the fortress and away from the swamp area at times. You'll have to lure it back out.