Renaissance Gold per Hour (Crowdsourced Guide Project)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by El Horno, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That's what I've done as well. Takes awhile but BS really helps.
  2. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

I thought the numbers of my initial run at AOLs might be a little off for a few reasons.

1) I was running a bard with 66 STR which means I had to dump loot more regularly
    2) I was dumping gold in my bank; and items in my house; meaning I had to recall extra/spend additional time every time I dumped.

So I tried again with 100 str, and dumping all items/gold in my house.

Type: Bard (NO Disco yet)
    Place: Ice Dungeon - Arctic Ogre Lords
    Time: 5:20 -6:20pm PST

Gold Looted: 51,315
    Gold from magics (I didn't ID and vendored everything... had a butcher knife sell for 264, wonder what it was): 7,870
    Boss Spawns (platinum): 1
    Total Gold per hour: 65,185
    Treasure Maps: 1 (Adeptly)

I'll try to collect some more data at different spawns throughout the next week.
  3. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Resurrection!

Type: Lumberjack
    Weapon Double Axe of Vanq
    Place:
    Level 1 Treasure Mapping
    Time: Forgot to log the time, but 27 maps were completed in an hour span.

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 30,562
    Gold from junk magics: 9,843
    Gold from scrolls: 2,246
    Gold from gems: 4,174
    Total Gold per hour: 46,825 (take out the 8,100 I paid for the maps, 300gp per 27 maps) 38,725

Platinum: 1...yes and I believe it came from a headless or mongbat!!
    Reagents: Average of 60 each
    Others:
    2 power weapons, 3 pieces of armor invul/fort
    Wands (charges/wands):
    ID: 315/3, GHeal: 10/3, Lightning: 18/2, Heal: 14/1, along with about a dozen harm/clumbsy/MA wands

I did have all maps sorted out, out of the 27 maps I maybe hit a dozen locations...had 2-3 maps for numerous locations making it an easy recall and farm job. This can be profitable, but sorting the maps can be tedious and having the quantity to do so can be hard. I usually purchase maps for around 300gp each for level 1s to make the most profit.

Lets get back to collecting that data!!
    Melochabre likes this.
  4. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Let's do it! I should have time starting next week to updating this again and giving it a second breath. Ty for an corp..
  5. pinky_

pinky_ Active Member

Type: Lumberjack
    Weapon: +0 Axe of Might/Silver
    Place: Deceit mummies (+bones knights, skeleton mages and other critters as mummies weren't spawning fast enough)
    Time: 17:00 - 18:00 MT

Loot:
    Gold Looted: 30860
    Gold from junk scrolls/gems: 3,323
    Total Gold per hour: 34183

Platinum: 0
    Lightshade and Cero like this.
  6. hotsaucepancakes

hotsaucepancakes New Member

saving for later, thx
  7. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

Sadly changed my peace dexxer to a tank mage build!

One place i frequented heavily was Fire dungeon bridged evil mage towers. easy to do once you get used to the flow of things, and good gph PLUS tons of reagents!

@BlackEye you ever go here? i'm thinking 30ishk gold per hour and a good 2-4k reagents per hour as well
  8. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I used to farm the heck out of that place. I really micro-managed it and purposely got lost in the minutia.
    My template had no magic resist... to keep myself awake.

I looted everything... and I mean everything. I even had a macro to chop corpses and take the "jerky". (not shown in video)

I'm looking at some old notes from last year. There's an entry for straight loot... no T-maps, plat, magic items counted.

46,800 gph

... but that doesn't seem right. It seems a little light. I know I brought in more, or at least it felt like I did.

One, Valrick and Keza like this.
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Elektra (me) is #1 killer of them @Valrick.

Over the time, I optimized a PvM farm route for small humanoid repond class monsters including this spot that nets 85k - 90k per hour.

Example stats for different weapons:
    #1 59.5k GP, 1 plat, 2 lvl3 maps, 2332 regs, 926 arrows, 56 good scrolls - ~88.5k value
    #2 55.5k GP, 1 platin, 3 lvl3 maps, 2068 regs, 999 arrows, 61 good scrolls - 87.2k value
    #1 56.3k GP, 1 plat, 1x lvl4 map, 1x lvl3 map, 1x lvl1 map, 2153 regs, 1077 arrows, 56 good scrolls - 89.8k value
    Valrick and Keza like this.
  10. Valrick

knew it! $$$
  11. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

One thing I've never understood about this thiread: After an area is exhausted, why stand around and wait for more stuff to spawn instead of gating to the next spot? Is everyone multitasking and can't be bothered? I don't even walk from E to W bloods.
    BlackEye likes this.
  12. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

I would like to bump this thread! It's incredible helpful to me - especially as I am a Provo-Dexxer. Will add some data of other places once I get magery up and being able to travel more easily.
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  13. Valrick

@Kalvasflam one thing I don't think anyone has recorded yet was the gph on an AMIB. Those suckers can rack in a ton of $ between Rares gold and plat!

14 plat on a green IIRC by melting trophy down+ 10-12k gold.

Add 150-400k if certain Rares spawn. Well, not including the tattered spellbook I'll never get :)
    Kalvasflam likes this.
  14. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Insane! Can't wait to do theme! Thats an unimaginable amount of money - at least to me right now! When I finally quitted OSI over a decade ago I think I was near a billion gold in my bank account (it's still there - i suppose). And even on Defiance freeshard a decade ago I had so much money that I locked 1 Mil checks to every tile of the floor of my shop. But UOR? It's very hard for me right now to get back on my feet. But I am pretty confident to hit the 100k mark this weekend :) At least a start!
  15. Valrick

BlackEye and Kalvasflam like this.
  16. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you! *bowsverydeeply* :)

It seems, I will have to do some slayer-vendor-searching this evening!
    Valrick and BlackEye like this.
  17. Kalvasflam

Kalvasflam Active Member

Type: Bard (actually Provo-Dexxer, but as I do not own a slayer yet, I only provoked)
    Place: Despise Dungeon - Ogre Lords
    PK-Activity: Zero
    (Blue-)Player-Activity: High
    Time: 8:30 - 9:30pm UTC+1 (so about 2:30 - 3.30pm EST)

Gold Looted:
    Gold from magics: 3,453
    Total Gold per hour: 22,903
    Treasure Maps: 1 (Adeptly)

Gold per hour would actually be higher. As I do not have magery yet and didn't use recall scrolls, I walked two times to the wbb to bank the gold und items. In addition to that, Loot would be higher with a good slayer weapon. But I wouldn't recommend to farm there as a provo-dexxer! Its a very annoying place! There are only 3 ogre lords spawning. And after a couple of kills an Ogre Mage will spawn. They are too strong for dexxers - especially without resist. Provoke may work with a good slayer instrument (dunno). So you would have to lure him away, which reduces the spawn to only two ogre lords. Most Ogre Lords only drop money (about 600 gold) and nothing else. Respawn is quite slow (about 1-2 minutes).

Although I havn't met a single PK yet (in about 5-6 hours farming), the place is very active. There are a lot of blues coming in. And - despite having a few good talks - you often will have to share this farming spot, which reduces the gold to about 10 - 15k/hour. This place is especially annoying when champ spawn is active (as it was yesterday - I hardly couldn't walk due to dozens of slimes and rats).
    One likes this.
  18. Felucca

Felucca Active Member

Was lumberjacking nerfed at some point?

I'm recalling to oak trees only but I'm not getting that many regular and oak boards
  19. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

20. djjimgreen

djjimgreen Member

Was there ever any updated info on Provos? I'm looking for some new good spots.