Renaissance Guide to Shard Support and Copper Coins

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Chris, Feb 11, 2017.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

A good deed for all of humanity!
    Black Tortoise and One like this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Everyone,

Just throw your trash away... today. Just do it. That's CUB. You, stuff, trashcan.

CUB is now. It always has been. CUB is YOU.
    [​IMG]

this cheesy message is brought to you by impatience, capitulation, and vexation
  3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

LOL OK well I thought I was really clever with my quarter/gnarled staves from GM'in carpentry, boxed away nice 'n tidy in my CuB shed. Ill get on with trashing that next time I go to that house ;)
    wylwrk likes this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

2018-01-20 11_08_46-CompatWindow.png
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  5. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Active Member

;-)

Actually Im an engineer, and like most, Im extremely quirky about ergonomics and efficiency. If I have a lot of useless objects that do nothing but sit in a list or database and cost resources, it is a knee jerk reaction to delete 'em.
    Ben S. likes this.
  6. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Chris found a small typo on the CUB Compendium page http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/CleanUpBrit - the Bulk Order Deeds gump has 'Tailor Bonuses' listed twice where the second time it is supposed to be 'Blacksmith Bonuses'.

Also regarding the copper values of items: the payouts for resources are not always inline with the player economy prices (i.e. turning in cloth at 100 cloth for 5 copper would cost about 50gp per copper [assuming 2.5gp per cloth], whereas turning in leather at 25 for 1 copper would cost 150gp per copper [at 6gp for leather], and turning in horned leather at 25 for 3 copper would cost about 83gp per copper [at 10gp for horned leather]). If it proves worthwhile to use any of these resources to generate copper then it may distort the player market. If on the other hard it isn't worthwhile (i.e. none of these, or perhaps other resources, provides enough to be worth turning into copper) then it won't distort the economy but then this is an element of the system which may be underutilized.

Personally I have no objection to not providing much copper for stack-able resources as they do not generate the item count which is ostensibly the purpose behind CUB in the first place. My concern only exists where the price of resources would be driven up disproportionately as players buy them up to dump them for copper. Given the few examples above - if the gold to copper exchange is above 50 gold to 1 copper (but below, say 83) - then cloth becomes more expensive and everything else is unaffected.

Last point - @Animal Control had a great question which I didn't see an answer to so I'll bump his comment below.

Ben S. likes this.
  7. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

When I first read about the teleporter, I was super excited about the potential to get creative with house setup and security. Now hearing that it's being considered to have them work on a friend's / co owners basis has me worried. As others have said this is quite contradictory to a perfected Felucca experience.

As much as I could personally appreciate the friend only teleportation security system, I view it as a hugely limiting mechanism overall. When looking at copper rewards, I am happy to see luxury items that don't drastically change gameplay possibilities. I also appreciate that these rewards don't seem to come with enough benefit to be considered mandatory to pay for, but are still appealing. I believe that the friend only teleport would become the norm for security, which would really be a hard push for pay to play by all house owners, and also remove a fun aspect of the current Felucca housing system (looting them). So many cool non game breaking things can still be done with teleporters as long as they teleport all who walk on them - I'm really hoping that's the case.

I know that some folks would appreciate the ability to have 100% security risk free properties through teleportation. I'm sure that kind of player feedback also helped lead to the creation of Trammel in OSI, but here we are in Renaissance having learned from that experience and preferring Felucca gameplay.

The moat security doesn't bother me, as one time wipes don't prevent, or shut out future break in attempts.

My apologies if that was a bit repetitive, but I feel it's important enough to weigh in on.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Everlast, OptimisticSam and One like this.
  8. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

One and Kash like this.
  9. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

Thanks Ahirman - missed that somehow.
    Ahirman likes this.
  10. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

Even considering this, it could be possible to use a small side house as the only way into your real digs via friend only teleporter. That would be foolproof home security, and I hope that doesn't become a possibility.
    Everlast and One like this.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

... been saying this since day one.

I can't imagine anyone doing this purposely to this server though. I don't think this is how it's going to be. At least, it hasn't been described as such.
    Kash likes this.
  12. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  13. Kash

Kash Well-Known Member

It seems to me like the easy answer to this is just to allow anyone who walks on the teleporter to activate it. This could still potentially be used as a very secure method of house access provided the player owning the houses takes some precautions. I'm looking forward to hearing some more specific detail on how these will work.
    Everlast, One and OptimisticSam like this.
  14. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

How do I acquire a copper cleaning system barrel? I see it in pictures but how do u get one ?
    One likes this.
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Well, the system will have to be patched and added to the server first.

I believe when it gets here though, it is to be a carpentry crafted item? Maybe even a BoD award? *shrugs*
    One and Minax like this.
  16. Minax

Minax Well-Known Member

Oh ok it hasn't been implemented in yet, thx for info
  17. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I really don't know for sure. All straight from the rumor-mill.

I doubt it too. I think a craftable. IMO it should be craftable by all and require an assortment of recycled junk.

Some small pouches, couple fish steaks, unmarked rune, spellbook with 12 spells, 2 bone helmets, 6 gnarled staves, a pizza, dye tube dye, 2 paintings, 3 fertile dirt, a small table, 19 death robes, and a new craft-able item (tinker) "duct tape" --- Blammo! CUB barrel.
    One likes this.
  19. Skydancer

Skydancer Active Member

If the Copper system is being trademarked to 'Clean Up Britainnia.' Wouldn't it make more sense to be able to recycle all the useless items instead of the stuff that is already valuable. So, stuff like fertile dirts, wands, and useless ruin/might weapons would be reedemable, but not stuff like cloth, ingots, and lumber?

**Looks in front of Britain Bank**
    **You see two might weapons, one substantial. Two wands of harming, bag.**
    Laying beside the trashcan.
    Replacing the trash cans with CuB barrels seems to be a pretty good idea given the name of the barrels..
    Everlast and Anarchy like this.
  20. Everlast

Everlast Well-Known Member

The difference is anyone can use the ladder - the teleporters as proposed are for friends only.
    The teleporters would have to be use able by anyone who can access them to be the same as the ladders.
    One likes this.