Reporting Murders - a suggestion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by merlin8666, Oct 25, 2018.

1. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

I am fine with the PvP of it all, love the game and server but the only thing that is making it a drag is the amount of PKs travelling together, it makes sense considering you're more looking for eachother to fight than solo newbs HC lol. But after dying a great many times and earning very little for my efforts I blew up. Sucks but I'm adjusting. It would be cool to see only 1 of these reds in a big group to attack 1 person especially if newb and or an easy target.

Extremely discouraging to put so much work in to have it taken so often, i am not new to PvP and whatnot but I do think there is a overload of gank.
    Player X and NCCML like this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    NCCML likes this.
  3. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What we really need are more blue pvper's on patrol to defend the peasants of the realm.
    One and NCCML like this.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Like wrestlers?
    One and UrinalCake like this.
  5. Evil Dead

Aye true heroes they were indeed.

Britainnia is also in desperate need of their only hope to restore order and bring peace to the realm..

The return of @Erza Scarlet

The chosen one.
    One and NCCML like this.
  6. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

P*U will be on the prowl. Perhaps we can continue to grow the blue resistance. Your days are numbered villian!
    One, UrinalCake and Evil Dead like this.
  7. Evil Dead

The peasant revolt has begun.

2l1e4p.jpg
    GetZ Payd, Dash, Gwenno and 4 others like this.
  8. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

The gank squad excuse used by blues is one of my pet peeves, most of the people in this thread would kill you solo anyways. If you can't recall out from a group chances are you won't be able to from a solo or small group. I don't know of a single group that relies on just numbers even SOF has a solid 4-5 people that can solo kill.

As for the original suggestion I understand where you are coming from merlin but I don't think the solution you suggest actually fixes the problem. From my understanding you don't really care about blue pks who are mages or something like that but the deathboy example is a triple box full fluffy vomit explosion.

I have said it many times but the 8 follower slot stuff is bullshit. Thats never going to change but I think pets should do half damage to players so 2 dragons acts like 1 for pvp. I don't care if you have 20 dragons for PvM, make monsters die in a single firebreath for all I care. Multi clienting for pvp purposes should not be allowed also. Also Fluffies need to get nerfed so they act like regular dragons.

With the current situation a triple box tamer is a game changer even if you have 10 people. Not to criticize deathboy or el horno about their skill because it does take some coordination to work with multiple clients but still I feel like even if they stood still and spammed all kill it would still be pretty fucking effective.
    AOٌ, NCCML and Rextacy like this.
  9. Player X

Player X Well-Known Member

Nothing. Will. Ever. Change. Here.

Sure, Chris will implement new stuff, but once implemented he will ne-ver change it. Not sure why, but that’s his MO.

Once you embrace that you can learn to live with it or move on. I’m not only talking about this topic of course.
    One likes this.
  10. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

That's better.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

12. One

One Well-Known Member

Balgami likes this.
  13. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member

People are gathering up because they want to play together not because they can't kill a noob blue. Most people that complain about this gank shit don't even carry potions. It would be one thing if a more veteran player complained about it which would have merit but when blues do it, I get irked.
  14. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Really... The better solution is longer long-terms and longer short terms... and perhaps 3 or 4 for stat loss.. This aligns the old rules designed around one accountwith the new system of having 3 accounts always.
    El Horno and One like this.
  15. Deathboy

Deathboy Active Member

Wait what the heck, there is a forumn post dedicated to nerfing me............ok *blush*
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  16. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

@Balgami you are speaking about generally newer players, or tamers/pvm chars. Of course they don't carry potions. Why would I carry potions on a tamer that has no resist, no combat skill. Total punching bag. When I know a pack of 4 guys is gonna come running down the hallway to unload on a solo farmer? You don't load up a pvm character with pvp gear to get ganked. That is increasing your losses.

And the newer players don't know any better. They dont have potions. In the Iraq, and such as.

And on that note, I am really not even referring to Anarchy, cause they usually run solo unless they are out for a group fight. Which would explain why it confuses you.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Thelax likes this.
  17. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Hehe #nerfdeathboy! Lol
    Nah I think he was using you just as an example of a well and quite lively issue that exists on UOR. The original murdercount system was flat out designed around having one account, if you had more that was another hefty $$$ commitment per month!
    It forced people to make wise choices about PKing, I think OP’s issue is people here really and truly don’t have that “first instinct” to protect their own hides by opting out in murders as it is just far to easy to skate out on ANY consequences what so ever because we all have 3 tamers 3 mages and so on...
    Any how, we should put something up in general conversation with a poll and try asking for a slight and mild change to the hours required to burn off counts and if it shows positive results maybe ask for more.
  18. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

It wasn't deathboy that inspired me to seek suggestions. It was a blue name "grieferkilla" who took advantage and pkd a blue by vesper GY. Anyways, reaction thus far suggests my idea isn't popular
  19. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

@Fatty Mike naughty naughty!
    Hollywood likes this.
  20. Fatty Mike

Fatty Mike Well-Known Member

Lol there is a story behind this I don’t intentionally go to pk. As per the name he is a grieferkilla
    Dash and Hollywood like this.