Reporting Murders - a suggestion

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by merlin8666, Oct 25, 2018.

1. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Let's see.

You get in a feud with TnT you start killing all of them you can find telling them
    A) they can quit there guild
    B) this won't stop till they quit there guild

You locate a streamers user name and password so you delete all of this guys toons and try to blame it on Iago by creating new toons with the name "Iago was here"

Seriously man you are by far the most dirtiest player here and you want to talk to me about honor? Come on be real.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    UrinalCake and One like this.
  2. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

Nah some people like to hang with others because they are RL friends and do not PK at all. There game play should not be affected by others actions.

The system is fine the way it is. If it really needs changes I would not mind seeing longer short and long term counts but that's about it
  3. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Yeah.. but think about the meaning of the term "guild".
    I remember the guilds that i was before.. every new member had as the first question: "what is the statement of this guild".
    I have in my mind a very clear ideal of what is the statement of SOF... Something about nationalism and killling everything that is not with his tag.. this is SOF for me.. and is natural, and acceptable. Why dont you make a kind of SOF dungeoners guild.. is a suggestion...

When this is just my suggestion.
    I continue respecting what you guys do even when you kill my pets(and this just happenend 1 time).

And to the tammers, lets stop complaining about geting murder by reds... there is not free lunch... if you wanna go to the mos profitable spots you should be prepared... or does like me, choose the right hours and the quiet places(even if they are not so profitable) and you can have fun with no so much preocupation.
    GetZ Payd likes this.
  4. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

@Xavant_BR all SOF is about is hanging out together and playing a old video game together. Yes we do PK but, we also farm, to Christmas/AMIB/LVL7/Tamer scrolls.

We all just enjoy playing all the facets that this game has to offer. So with that said I am done with this thread. Have a good one!
    Xavant_BR likes this.
  5. Raajaton

Raajaton Active Member

This thread has gone pretty off-topic (as pretty much all threads talking about reds inevitably lead to SOF).

That being said, I want to agree with what some of the other folks have mentioned by saying there are sometimes legitimate reasons why a blue might attack and kill another blue. I'm not sure it's really fair to say ANYBODY with a long-term count should be unable to report others.

I don't know how much value there really is in reporting murders these days anyway. Sure it can get dangerous for PK's once they have too many short term counts, but with 15 character slots and unlimited login time it's not really that big of a deal to take counts anyway.

I remember the old days with the reputation system was first implemented people were actually putting some substantial bounties on people's heads. It was pretty exciting to have hundreds of thousands of gold on your head when raiding dungeons. That really gave some added incentive to anti-pk's since dropping a renowned PK could net a sizable reward.

Whelp - here I go off-topic again...
  6. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Scoobs, your right I’ve been known to be Nasty in prior days. In UO who hasn’t.
    Getting that out of the way.
    If you choose to dwell in the past for your future decisions you will not grow and continue the poor habits. Our past can educate us if your willing to let it go.
    NCCML and El Horno like this.
  7. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

We have all made stupid decisions brother. We all have things we regret (if we are honest with ourselves anyway). Forgive and move forward.