Request for Comment - Champion System

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Chris, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Are you kidding? I never get run off by a solo pk on my disco tamer, I can chug/heal my way through a single person dumping way too easily and I've 1 shotted many pks with good timing on my pets firebreath. I understand groups of reds are hard to deal with but not any more than it would be if you were on a pure bard or warrior. I'm not saying pets need to be nerfed in pvm, but versus players they are absolutely too powerful
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    One likes this.
  2. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

No I am not kidding. Certainly it is easy to survive a solo pk coming in. Disco tamers, provo tamers are very very easy to kill if you can manage around the pets though. I think a 50% reduction is going a little far on that especially if you are not talking just fire breath but also melee and magery.

50% reduction you might as well have some drakes with you.

Also I think if the issue more than anything is the harrower, or factions that the changes should be made there and not across the board.
  3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member

OK I know I am very resistant to change so let me say a little more. One shotting is possible I know (and of course its amusing when it happens) but that is not going to be the case when you have people running up on you while your pets are already engaged but that is neither here nor there.

Perhaps a reduction to fire breath damage is in order but I disagree with all offense being reduced. I 100% disagree with a 50% reduction as that just seems to be way too much. Also yes I was only commenting concerning damage to players I certainly don't think damage should be reduced for monsters.

As far as the harrower goes that is a really hard issue to tackle there and I really don't have much valuable input on that particular situation and how the current issues could be remedied with everyone being satisfied!
  4. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

We're going off topic here. We have other threads for this discussion already.
    Iago likes this.
  5. Pax Romain

Pax Romain Well-Known Member

selling cloth
    Jupiter, Blaise and The Musician like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Start tonight we will begin testing some aspects of the new system if any players are interested.

Keep in mind this gump is full of test information, the ranking and payouts are all faked for the purpose of populating the gump.

harrowergump.png

This is an example battle log using the new damage capture system that will be provided to players after a harrower is defeated (a smaller gump that you can click at your leisure to see the large log). The top 100 damagers will be listed.

This gump will also be accessible to players from their profile if you manage to close it accidentally. The information will also be exported to the website for later review.
    Vlar, Basoosh, Keza and 2 others like this.
  7. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

Is there a way to not be listed in this?
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Don't kill anything.
  9. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is just an improved visualization of a system that already works as designed. This also only applies to the Harrower and the creatures it summons. I am not sure how the context of your question relates to this?

This is still just testing and research but the ideas was for these to be provided to players a short time after the harrower was killed to explain the reward they have already received.
  10. Russell

Russell Well-Known Member

...opens log real quick and kills highest damager for increased chance at harrower statuette drop
    Mindless, wylwrk and Blaise like this.
  11. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

RIF
  12. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Test2.png

Results of a live high speed test of the system using two players with pets, summons and high speed bows. With the system subtracting points for health drained from you and your pets this might provide some nice balance between tamers and non tamers.

It has also worked well to divide out the damage dealt by tamers if we want to achieve a fair scoring system. Larger tests might provide better data on how damage is spread across a diverse group of players working the harrower.

And regarding the harrower statue logic the drop rates for rewards from the harrower will be changed up to rely on this new system using a bit of randomness/lottery approach.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    Dalavar and Pork Fried Rice like this.
  13. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

People use pets against the tentacles?
  14. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Test4a.jpg Test4b.jpg Test4c.jpg

Results of a larger scale test with 50+ players.

Using the example of 1000 platinum the first 40 players ordered by damage are awarded platinum. One player did not do enough damage (indicated in red) and was not qualified for an award (This didn't come into play as there were more than 40 players in this test).
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  15. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Not so much use, more "get them drained to death by not moving them out of the way".
  16. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Test5.jpg

And a test with 17 players. Note the leftover platinum is distributed evenly across the players involved.
  17. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

If this is supposed to be 1k plat then your formula needs work.
    20(40 + 1) = 840 820

???
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  18. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 20(40 + 1) doesn't equal 840.
  19. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Lol. Fixed. This is what happens when you are trying to decide between two different ways of writing something.
  20. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Yea those tests were run before i updated to 1000. Thanks for the heads up.