Restock Agent + Provoking causing UO Client Crashing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Red_Rover, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I think I've narrowed down how the client crashes are happening. Not sure if it can be fixed or not, I simply wanted to report it in case something can be done or maybe I can modify a setting on my end. Here's the situation.

I have recently started using a Restock Agent to loot tmap chests. The list of items in the restock agent has every possible item a treasure chest could have. I'll start the restock agent on the chest and it will begin looting. When a guardian spawns, I will try to provoke it to another mob I've left up. Now...the following is the place where my client will sometimes crash. If I have to move away from the treasure chest, the restock agent is still going, even though it's not looting anything (cause I'm too far away from the chest). At this point, I will hit my provoke macro and the targeting cursor will come up. The moment I target a mobs health bar, my client crashes.

Note....this doesn't happen everytime. Most of the time I can provoke and be on my way. On Sunday I was digging up a bunch of maps throughout the day and my client crashed 3 times.

Anyway....if anything....at least if it's happening with someone else, they will know it's happening with me too. Hehe

Thanks
    Jason
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Interesting... the only thing I could suggest that might fix that is saving your desktop, razor macros/profiles & counters uninstalling UO and re-installing from the website's most current download.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If you are using an agent to loot the chests, and you will be moving away from the chest before 'finishing', you will be best suited to configure a hot key for Clear Drag/Drop Queue. This can be found under Misc, on the Razor Hot Keys tab.

When you trigger the Restock, Razor queues the dragging of every item that fits the agent, so the above hotkey will effectively stop the agent.

When I do TMaps on my carto-bard (provoker), I have absolutely no problems running the agent and provoking the mobs WHILE the agent is still pulling items. I've never had a crash on targeting my provocation attempts either. I use the hotkey above to stop looting when an ideal number of mobs has spawned.

I would also make sure you're running Razor with the proper compatibility settings, etc. If you haven't already.
  4. Red_Rover

Red_Rover Member

I had a crash earlier today, after posting this, and I didn't use the provoking skill. I think I was using Ctrl+Shift to show bars and began dragging a bar from a mob, and got a crash. Did this while the agent was still running but I was too far from the chest to actually get items.

I'll add that clear queue hotkey though, I have a feeling that will fix my issue.