Restrict Powder of Fortification to Clothing Only.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Blaise, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Naked? I've never seen it happen here to an armored opponent, at all.

It's +2 damage more than aggie/verite, is hardly a great difference. It's a significant difference but so is 31AR while you can med.

Mes, I was in the CTF that Pikka used the axe in, but thanks for trying. The staff members don't need to state it when you can see for yourself that these items all exist.
  2. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

I read the first half of the thread, but skipped the last half as I got tired of reading the same jibber jabber. I decided to add my 2 cents anyway, like I always do.

I can see reason for both sides of this debate. Item's need to have a decay factor, because the longer a server is active, the more of these items have entered the world. When every single player already has 1, there is no need for new ones which in turn ruins the market and the economy.

But also, I don't want every new player and their mother, and the players that treat this great RPG game like a FPS to have access to the same stuff that the players who dedicate hours a day, days a week and months of the year to. There is a reason why players choose RPG's over FPS and action games. It's because we get to build our characters up over time. And if you put in the work, you reap the reward. The people that don't want to put in the work, they just want to jump in and play from the beginning like it was test center with /setskill100 shouldn't get to run around with valorite weapons and +25 power/vanq slayer weapons. If that was the case, you would have to introduce even more powerful stuff for the people that are willing to work for it to achieve. There always needs to be new goals for the veterans to attain or they get bored. If new players reached that level within a few weeks, we wouldn't have anything at all for the older players to work toward. We want new players interested in PVP too but we also want them to get out and enjoy the great RPG that is UO.

The worst thing we could ever do on UO, is turn it into a first person shooter for everyone to run around with the best weapons, pets, skills imaginable, being the same template and smashing on each other all day. I like the idea of knowing If i choose, I can go out with a valorite weapon and noone else will have one. There has to be that divide between the people that work for it, and the people that don't. Otherwise, why on earth would anyone work for it?

But in closing, I do not have the answer. There are so many issues such as this that just do not have a correct answer. When you reach that point, the best thing to do, is to just not change anything.
    Tyndall, Basoosh and Ahirman like this.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

I think you should completely remove both runics and barbed/horned/spined armor. And, as you probably already know.. No, I don't give a fuck how much time and money you spent acquiring those trash hammers.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Fine by me, but it would be simpler to just make all the AR values the same for the hide/ore variants.